PDA

View Full Version : Spence??

moocrwew
12-31-2005, 12:14 PM
Is it just me or does Spence need to learn to ALWAYS have his stick on the ice? Watching him in warm-up it is always 6 inches to a foot off of the ice. He was a little bit better in game mode for having it on the ice, but has to be consistent. Is this not one of the first things you teach a goalie?? :confused:

No doubt, I think he's a good goalie.....but no one is that quick to get there stick down when a save is to be made.

RunTheGoalie
01-01-2006, 07:45 PM
Havent been paying that close attention to his stick, but I have noticed that teams are constantly shooting high on him because he goes down far too quickly.

He's a decent goalie, but he does have a lot of improvement to make though. He cost us the game against Kelonwa allowing a weak backhand go in five-hole. Probably because he didn't have his stick down. ;)

That said, he has filled in rather well for Pogge, and ultimately, our struggles the past three games are the responsibility of the team in front of him, not Spence himself.

moocrwew
01-01-2006, 10:14 PM
I have to agree on the teams effort in front of him...last couple games were a little hard to watch :(