PDA

View Full Version : Rockets/Hitmen Game

eecliff
12-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Rockets 3 Hitmen 2 OT

Rockets came up with a well needed 2 points on the road but I’m not exactly sure they earned them, matter of fact they stole the 2 points last night.

The Rockets came out slow and the puck was bouncing lots, resulting in all kinds of missed passes. Keller did score at the 32 second mark and was lucky to get away with that goal as he was standing in front of the net and the puck went in off his skate blade. I was sitting right there and seen the play and it looked as if he moved his foot a bit to redirect the puck, very surprised the Hitmen did not argue the goal more than they did.

Keller had his “A” game going as he got the hat trick and was deservingly named the 1st star, he was by far the best Rocket on the ice. Bauer & Hill were skating fairly well but they had their moments. Spurgeon looked not too bad as he did get 2 assists but still needs to get his legs working. Ray, Darzins & Ofukany were basically non existent. Dowzak , well what can I say, he had a pass back to him on the point but turned around to make a change and the puck went through his legs and all the way down the ice..he also fell a couple times coming out of his own end. Reinholt & Couture were both liabilities out there. Bodie & Card both had reasonable games.

Yeomans had a really good game and made some tough stops to keep the Rockets in the game although he did let a weak goal in at the 7:14 mark of the 3rd period.

Rockets never really got going until the 10 minute mark of the third period.
Keller scored a nice goal at the 19:40 mark of the 3rd period to tie the game with Yeomans sitting on the bench, but just before that the Hitmen almost got an empty netter..

The OT went both ways as both teams had some good chances. The penalty the Hitmen took against Bauer really could have been called either way as Bauer was heading down ice at full stride and a bit out of control when he was crushed into the end boards behind the net. I know it was OT and some refs would have let it go but Bauer could have been seriously injured, but luckily he got up shook it off and skated to the bench.

On the power play the Rockets dominated play and Keller completed his hat trick at the
3:13 mark of OT.

The attendance at the Saddledome was 9,100 and for the most part it was a very quiet atmosphere and when the fans got into their "Go Hitmen Go" chant it was drown out by a "GO ROCKETS GO" chant…lots of Rockets jerseys & hats around the arena so we felt right at home !!

Hope to see a whole new Rockets team in Red Deer .
With the Rebels just coming off a big win over Medicine Hat and a sold out barn it should be a Rocking New Years Eve :laugh:

GO ROCKETS GO !!
HAVE HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE ;)

peatfan
01-01-2006, 02:14 AM
Both teams played hard and fought for all the loose pucks. Great end to end action, except for slow first 10 minutes. I thought a bad call by the ref in ot which lead to the game winner. Great game by Keller. Impressed by Card on the blue line. Two good games between two good teams. Good luck in the west finals versus the Giants. Hope its a long, rough 7 games as the HITMEN will be rested to sweep the finals. :clap:

Jovorock
01-03-2006, 08:44 AM
I couldn't listen to this one as I was at Prospera at WJ's. Great game for Keller.