PDA

View Full Version : Sylvester Leading at U17 Championship

Chipper
01-01-2006, 11:39 AM
Dustin Sylvester is leading the scoring at the U17 in Regina, also John Negrin has 4 asists for Pacific. Great showing for the Ice players.

Player Team GP G A PTS PIM
1 Dustin Sylvester Pacific 3 4 2 6 2
2 Tyler Ennis Pacific 3 2 3 5 4
3 Nick Ross Pacific 3 2 3 5 12
4 Dana Tyrell Pacific 3 1 4 5 0
5 John Tavares Ontario 2 0 5 5 6
6 Thomas Hickey Pacific 3 0 5 5 2
7 Logan Couture Ontario 2 4 0 4 2
8 Alexander Oblinger Germany 2 4 0 4 2
9 Sam Gagner Ontario 2 3 1 4 0
10 Colton Grant Pacific 3 2 2 4 0
11 John Albert USA 2 1 3 4 0
12 Andre Huebscher Germany 2 1 3 4 0
13 John Negrin Pacific 3 0 4 4 2
14 Angelo Esposito Quebec 3 3 0 3 0
15 Ryan Hayes USA 2 2 1 3 2
16 Francis Filion Quebec 3 2 1 3 6
17 Ryan Kerr Pacific 3 2 1 3 16
18 Matej Misura Slovakia 3 2 1 3 4

fightstrap50
01-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Great to see him getting his scoring touch back. Like I said before, I see big things in this little guy and he only needs to over come the size issue as his work ethic, speed, skill, and determination is all there just begging to be let loose. Reminds me of other players like Maxwell that found their touch in these tournys and are now ripping it up in the WHL. Way to go Dustin.

GO ICE GO!!!

Jovorock
01-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Good artical in the Kelowna Cap News 01.08.06

http://kelownacapnews.com/ then click on Sports to find link

Sylvester’s loss tempered by lots of ice time

By Kevin Parnell
Staff Reporter
Jan 08 2006

While the rest of Canada celebrated the Canadian World Junior hockey team Thursday night, Kelowna minor hockey product Dustin Sylvester still had a sick feeling in his stomach.
Sylvester, who turned 17 on Thursday, was back from the World U-17 hockey challenge in Regina after his Team Pacific lost 4-3 in a shootout to the Czech Republic in the bronze medal game.
“It sucked losing but there is nothing we can do about it now,” said Sylvester from Cranbrook where he was set to rejoin the Kootenay Ice. “It’s pretty hard listening to their anthem. But I thought we played good as a team.”
Sylvester played on one of the team’s top scoring lines and played a lot, something he hasn’t been used to in his rookie WHL season with Kootenay. But he’s hoping to build on the amount of time he played as he gets back with Kootenay.
“I played a lot,I played a ton so that was pretty good,” he said. “It built my confidence. Hopefully it will help. We play tomorrow night so we will see.”
Sylvester’s general manager in Kootenay was there to see him play a few games and he was happy with his young rookie.
Jeff Chynoweth says Sylvester looked good against his peers.
“I though Dustin was outstanding,” said Chynoweth. “He showed the ability he always has had. As a 16-year-old he hasn’t been able to showcase that but playing with his peers he looked outstanding. He did all the little things and we were really excited for him.”
In six games at the tournament, Sylvester had five goals and four assists in his first international experience.
“It was great pulling on that jersey for the first time,” he said. “It was pretty exciting.”
Both Sylvester and the Ice are hoping that the experience at the World U-17 Challenge will spur on the young forward in this WHL season.
Sylvester says he has more confidence now and he is ready to go and Chynoweth says the experience will do nothing but good things for him.
“It should give him a big boost and more importantly, playing with his peers, it shows him he can do the things he has been able to in his life so far,” said Chyn*oweth. “Dustin is a big part of our future and we think he is going to be an offensive dynamo.”
kparnell@kelownacapnews.com