PDA

View Full Version : Should The Bronco's Make a Trade Before the Deadline and for what?

Scout
01-02-2006, 08:40 AM
A Goaltending Trade
Forward Trade
Defence Trade

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
01-02-2006, 08:57 AM
I feel that we really need to boost our goal scoring efforts. This is one aspect of the game that has really suffered for the past 2 years, and it seems the current team just can't get it done.

It seemed our goal scoring woes were becoming more reduced when Lukacevic, Nelson and Bortis played on the same line, but it seems that Dean doesn't want to play that threesome at the same time anymore. So it's back to struggling in the scoring department for us.

Too bad we can't trade coaches like we can players.

scme
01-02-2006, 12:14 PM
Does nobody notice that our defense or lack of is responsible for more than half of the goals in every game and on lots of others the forwards are forced to play D because no one else is doing it! We have lost lots of one goal games and had lots of tie games that would have been totally different if the defense would just do their job. The d-men do not clear the opposition from in front of the net, most of them can't skate fast enough to get back on the breakaway or the amazing number of turn overs they make as they try to carry the puck up.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
01-02-2006, 12:20 PM
Your point is well seen. We let the opposition skate around our net way too easy, and some tight defence would be clutch.

However I still think we need to work on our scoring game before tightening up the defence.

The way I see it, our defence can be sub-par at times, our offence is just absolutely attrocious most of the time, which is why we're the worst in the league when it comes to picking up goals.

Fix the offence, then tinker with the "D".

superfan
01-02-2006, 01:26 PM
if you take a look at calgarys top goal scorers and ours it is very simular in total indivual points so maybe it is cheynouths systems that are not working or maybe we need to increase the defence as we all know that it all starts with goaltending,defence and then the forwards . i personally think get rid of some of the selfish players and beef up the defence and we will be okay and definetly change the systems

ointhecreek
01-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Does nobody notice that our defense or lack of is responsible for more than half of the goals in every game and on lots of others the forwards are forced to play D because no one else is doing it! We have lost lots of one goal games and had lots of tie games that would have been totally different if the defense would just do their job. The d-men do not clear the opposition from in front of the net, most of them can't skate fast enough to get back on the breakaway or the amazing number of turn overs they make as they try to carry the puck up.
I think alot of this has to do with the coachs sustem. Surely someone on D would clear the net if coached to! (Benke) you just can't continuously let the opposition crash the net and get away with it! There needs to be consequences, make them think twice about doing it.

Flathead
01-02-2006, 06:13 PM
a lot of the 15's 16's and 17's are going to be goal scorers, I too think that d needs to be fixed. We were horrible without Rumsey against Vancouver. It truly shows how important he is to our team. Tougher defense, that puts some fear into the opponents, like Calgary's d

Johnsy05
01-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Is it really all that selfish to ask for both offence and defence? how about a good young Scoring forward (16,17) and a good 18 year old defensive defenceman..?