PDA

View Full Version : Trades???

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-03-2006, 04:27 PM
I know that the team is looking to upgrade the defence, possibly a 20 year old defencemen, I have not heard too much in terms of which player(s) will/would be traded before or at the deadline. Has anyone else heard anything about interest being generated from other teams about the Saskatoon Blades or any Blades player(s) going elsewhere? I personally have my own veiw about a handful of players.

The players in my mind that will not be traded are:Setoguchi,Barnes,Rabbit(I think Lorne Molleken would be have to be out of his mind if he traded the Captain and Armstrong will not be traded,some other players that I think would have a 50/50 chance that they will be traded and they might be Knudsen(I would not mind at all if he was dealt somewhere) Menei,Haw( If he was traded, it would probably be because he lacks speed and sometimes turns the puck over because he can not get back into the play fast enough),if the team was looking for a speedy defencemen he would probably be traded.

I have also thought about the possiblilty of Anton Khudobin and Zdenek Bahensky being dealt,because they are both 19 years old and probably will not return for their final season because they are drafted by the Minnisota Wild,and New York Rangers. I know it probably would be a bad move because if they would both show up and play like they can and get on a hot streak it would be wise to keep both of them,and also because I do think that Kevin Armstrong is a great goalie but is not queit ready to be the starting goaltender, and next year if Khudobin does not come back,I think that Armstrong will be ready for the starting goaltending job. These are just my own thoughts and opinions though. Anything can happen as this is Lorne Molleken's team and he will make moves where he thinks they are needed,wheather that be on Defence(most likely see a move there)Offence(might see some adjusting)and Goaltending(probably not,but there always is the element of surprise) Lorne Molleken does have NHL experience,so I would think that he knows how to prepare his team for the later part of the season, and before the trade deadline on Jan 10th and the playoffs.

It should be an interesting week leading up to the trade deadline, What are everyone else's opinions about trades involving the team?

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Could the team see a Blockbuster deal take place to aquire a 20 year old Defencemen? or a big deal in general?( I have told what I think will could happen in the first post) does anyone care to share their opinions?

bladesvoice
01-06-2006, 10:01 PM
Lorne Molleken has tried very hard to make a deal or deals to get the defenceman or defencemen to improve the Blades. So far, no dice. The closer the trade deadline gets, the less likely a trade will happen of the block-buster variety...more tinkering than anything else in the last few hours before the deadline. I invite all posters to e-mail me with questions or comments on the Blades or the W-H-L at "bladesvoice@hotmail.com". I will reply as quickly as I'm able to.

Les Lazaruk

Triton
01-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Lorne Molleken has tried very hard to make a deal or deals to get the defenceman or defencemen to improve the Blades. So far, no dice. The closer the trade deadline gets, the less likely a trade will happen of the block-buster variety...more tinkering than anything else in the last few hours before the deadline. I invite all posters to e-mail me with questions or comments on the Blades or the W-H-L at "bladesvoice@hotmail.com". I will reply as quickly as I'm able to.

Les Lazaruk

Riley Day wasn't in tonights line-up for the Wheatkings,could that be something a brewing?

Billy Blade
01-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Lorne Molleken has tried very hard to make a deal or deals to get the defenceman or defencemen to improve the Blades. So far, no dice.

It makes it all the more difficult for Lorne to make a deal when everybody in the league knows the Blades' only real need is for the defenseman to make them a solid contender. It drives the asking price up that much more and forces him to "show his cards". Tough position to be in, but if the right deal is there he will pull the trigger.

I know Lorne doesn't want to mortgage the future for just any deal especially if it won't make a significant difference to their post-season fortunes, but at some point you have to consider when a realistic shot at a league title will come around again and weigh the risks.

Pepper Carrot
01-07-2006, 11:56 PM
The Blades have the one of the top Dmen in the league in Haw.
He has done everything and more that has been asked of him. Its time people here realize that Defense is just another one of the latest excuses by Lorne. Pointing and blaming the Dmen and unjustly Evan is just Lorne's way of deflecting his own lack of coaching. He can use Tidball on the first line all the time opening up room for Wacey. He could have gone 2 more 20 year olds. Haw has proven night after night why he is a top Dman in this league. He will get another invite to a pro camp. Haw and Tidball are the hardest working players night after night. Its time every sees this. :clap:

Blades 4 Life!
01-08-2006, 12:18 AM
I dont know what Blades games you are watching pal but Haw isn't the hardest working player out their. He sure isn't trying his hardest. he is the biggest player on the team, all the strength and he doesn't even use it. If it wasn't for Armstrong, Barnes, Setoguchi and Rabbit they would be no where. They are the ones that keep the Blades in the games every night. Maybe a couple of games where those four haven't help them out. Haw does have a good amount of points for a stay at home dman but tidball has 130 pim, 6 points in 41 games and is a -13. he is working hard at doing something that isn't helping the team!

westbeach55
01-08-2006, 06:25 AM
The Blades have the one of the top Dmen in the league in Haw.
He has done everything and more that has been asked of him. Its time people here realize that Defense is just another one of the latest excuses by Lorne. Pointing and blaming the Dmen and unjustly Evan is just Lorne's way of deflecting his own lack of coaching. He can use Tidball on the first line all the time opening up room for Wacey. He could have gone 2 more 20 year olds. Haw has proven night after night why he is a top Dman in this league. He will get another invite to a pro camp. Haw and Tidball are the hardest working players night after night. Its time every sees this. :clap:

If Haw is one of your top dmen then you guys need help, yea i have to agree he is better then last year and chipping in some goals but to rate him a top whl dman then there is something wrong

Triton
01-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Just heard Brad Cole,Troy Crowley and Aaron Bader were traded to Tri City for Logan Stephenson and Ian McDonald.Not sure if it's true.Just giving you a heads up.

FELIX17
01-08-2006, 06:00 PM
Pepper Carrot, you're obviously watching different games that I've seen this year. Haw isn't very good at all. He has improved, but he's slow, and doesn't turn very well. I agree with westbeach, if Haw is your best defenceman, the Blades are in trouble. Tidball has added toughness to the lineup and that's all. He hacks and has trouble playing positionally, that's why he doesn't get the ice time. In the end he's going to cost the team by taking stupid penalities.

Spungy
01-09-2006, 11:28 AM
Tidball is sure a great fighter isn't he? Sometimes it is worth giving up some of the speed for an enforcer

but that is only my opinion and what i have heard, i have only seen the blades once this year.