PDA

View Full Version : Anton Khudobin

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-04-2006, 02:02 AM
I know,and I think all of the Blades fans here know that Anton Khudobin has been very unpredictable,or you could even say inconsistant at times during the season,as to who would show up on game days and perform for the Blades,Will it be the solid #1 goalie we all know? Or will it be the struggling,inconsistant goalie we also know but do not want? I was watching the Russia Vs USA game tonight on TSN and I even thought he played well and would have a chance at getting a shutout against a VERY TALENTED US team. He only let in 1 goal and he became hot headed when Chris Bourque was pushed into him by the Russian defencemen(all of us who have seen Khudobin play know that he can lose his temper and become a hot head),the game was getting very nasty in the 3rd period too.

One thing that has puzzled me about him is that in the International tounaments that he plays in,he plays pretty well,but also struggles too. What is the deal?? :confused: he can play well and stay consistant in goal for Russia,but yet it seems that he plays so poorly on some nights for the Blades and in the international tournaments that he takes part in,some of the top ranked Junior players from around the world showcase their talent,players like Phil Kessel,Eric Johnson,Peter Mueller,Evgeni Malkin,Luc Bourdon,Blake Comeau,the list goes on and on,I could continue for days and days,these players are the same age as the WHL players that Khudobin faces on a nightly basis. I do not understand is there an anvantage that he likes in the International game? am advantage that makes him perform better, I do not really think so (but it kind of seems that way) What else could be the problem? Could it be the coaching? I sure hope not,because Lorne Molleken is a GREAT COACH :thumb: and he used to be a goalie himself,or could it be the lack of communication between him and his defence? or lack of talent that the defence has?:confused:(and I am not saying that the team`s defence is not talented)

Hopefully whatever is causing Khudobin to perform inconsistantly will soon stop and hopefully we will get to see the solid reliable goaltender that he can be and proform better. He is a good goalie and I know that every hockey player goes through slumps where they do not proform the way they would like to and maybe this is a slump that he is going through. Hopefully he can get hot in time for the playoffs. I am sure hoping and praying that he can lead the team into and through the playoffs and possibly to the to the Memorial cup(ok maybe the last part was wishful thinking,but this is robably his last season with the team and I am sure that he would want his last season(if it actually turns out to be his last season) to be a good one. :thumb:

Triton
01-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Take a look at Marek Schwarz last year with the Giants.Wasn't great but more average than anything.It's coming over to a new country,new language,new system,new game.Anton will have a good second half when he returns,don't you worry.

In the crowd
01-04-2006, 12:32 PM
My friend ad I were talking about that exact situation last night. Schwartz coming here, not knowing the language, the culture, maybe having one guy to hang out with that grew up the same way, etc. It's gotta be tough, especially for a goalie to adapt to his new life. He would still be uncomfortable for the first few months while adapting. Once he played in the tournament last year he was named goalie of the tournament and came back and played reasonably well. I think the same will happen with Khodubin. Now he knows the lifestyle a little more here, he's adapted a bit more, so hopefully he should be turning in a better performancce.

Dwight Schrute
01-04-2006, 01:09 PM
hopefully after spending time with his elite russian buddies at the wjc it will help him. he may have been getting homesick but spending time with his russian buddies should help. i think he will have a much better 2nd half and wish him luck ....except against the raiders

Billy Blade
01-06-2006, 08:10 PM
The way that he unravelled against Canada in the net for Russia is exactly the same as how he falls apart for the Blades. He's extremely emotional and once he loses control, he can not regain his composure and re-focus. That's when it all seems to fall apart for him and he needs to be yanked. If he wants to take the next step he needs to learn how to conquer that.

As far as the defense playing a role, absolutely that is part of it as well. Doug McConachie wrote a great article in today's SP about the need of acquiring two solid defensemen for the team, it's right on the money.

SectionNDeserter
01-06-2006, 08:16 PM
If nothing else, I will say that Khudobin appears to be wound a little too tight. I would be more worried about him having a stroke, than a bad game.

Trav
01-06-2006, 09:22 PM
with most of what u guys have said about Khudobin. If he were to get rid of his inconsistency problem and his attitude problem (the tantrums he throws) he'd be a great goaltender. If he doesnt overcome those two problems, he wont be a NHL goaltender but if he does then he has a chance.

Hopefully he can get rid the WJ's out of his mind and focus on helping the Blades finish the season in first place and hopefully get to the division finals or semi finals at least.

bladesvoice
01-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Happy to see you're still alive...haven't had an e-mail from you in a while. Drop me a line...the same goes for anyone else who has a question or comment for me. Trav can vouch for the fact that I do reply as quickly as I can.

Les Lazaruk

Billy Blade
01-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Good to see you here Les! Hopefully the boys can pull out a win tonight in the 'Hat. I'll be listening!

bladesvoice
01-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Thanks for the welcome...this is a good board, a lot more sensible posters on here than on the Network 54 from what I can see...especially at this time of the year with all the bogus trade rumours. No wonder most people I am "tight" with call those, especially the "White Board", The Fiction Board!
As for tonight, watch for another affiliate player and prospect to make his W-H-L debut in 6'4" centre, 15-year-old Travis Toomey. He was the Blades' 2nd round pick in the last Bantam draft and was at training camp and played in some exhibition games. He plays for the Leduc Oil Kings midgets in Alberta. Colton Gillies is sidelined with a shoulder injury picked up at the World Under-17s.

Les Lazaruk

Trav
01-07-2006, 01:34 PM
I sent ya an e-mail a minute ago, hopefully u get it and guys like Les said, he responds as quick as he can to e-mails.