PDA

View Full Version : Patterson Reunited With Cougars

Beaner
01-04-2006, 01:13 PM
from www.whl.ca

Patterson Reunited With Cougars
Created: Jan 4, 2006
PRINCE GEORGE, BC- The Prince George Cougars have announced the acquisition of 18 year old left handed defenseman Curtis Patterson from the Regina Pats in exchange for a 7th round Bantam selection in 2006.

The 6’3”, 195 lbs. brother of current Cougar Colin Patterson skated in 25 games with the Pats this season, recording 2 helpers and 17 PIM’s. Patterson, a native of Saskatoon, SK., is set to join the Cougars tonight as they face off with the Kelowna Rockets.

"This trade will give Curtis more ice-time and also give him the unique opportunity to play with his older brother. We wish Curtis all the best and thank him for his contributions to our organization both on and off the ice," commented Pats GM Brent Parker.

Not a blockbuster, but it looks like the trade deadline moves may start to happen quickly now.

Sput
01-04-2006, 08:14 PM
I think this is a good trade for Curtis and the Cougars. Curtis started here in the 03-04 season, and ended up being traded away. Personally I think it was more to do with him not fitting into Lambert's style more than anything. The Cats need help on the blueline....desparately.....and Patty is an experienced guy that can help out now. Running with four D and a 16yo rookie wasn't going to fly for to long. Now they can bring Vandynouven in a little slower and not burn out the other four guys.

Homer
01-05-2006, 10:19 AM
I agree, good trade for the Cougars. The guy is obviously not a world beater but is a good solid 4th-5th defencemen and gives them some depth on the blueline that is badly needed. Playing with his brother may also elevate his game, and is a great opportunity for both him and Colin.

On another topic, I'm really glad that the situation with Rogers is basically finished. Too bad we never got to see what he could do, but if it had stayed as an "unknown" return date it would have been a distraction. The teams chemistry has seemed good withoout Rogers. The only thing I have to say is that if they do go deep into the playoffs I think bringing him back would be a mistake.

Sput
01-05-2006, 11:59 AM
I fully agree with the Rodgers thing. At least everyone knows now, and they can't be waiting for him to parachute in to save the day. IF he is able to come back, and when the Cougs are in the second round, I again agree that it would be a mistake to bring him in and disrupt the chemistry that was built in his absence. Reputation would put him as either the 1 or 2 D-man, but he hadn't earned it, where someone else did. Once they team gets that far into it, let the guys that got you there do the playing.