PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Canada..

Triton
01-05-2006, 09:15 PM
As well congrats for a great tourny to the Russians and the Finns.Russia,your a great team,but you just run your mouths too much,and failed to back it up.Finland what can I say,you play a solid game and I'm glad you go home with bronze,cause you earned a medal as well.Sutter you have to come back for a 3rd year.Canada played awesome.There were sometimes during the game where I was a little on edge but you came through.This team wasn't as talented as last years but this one worked very very hard.I'm proud to be canadian and I still would be had you lost.Bring home a 3rd straight gold next year in Sweden.

Beaner
01-05-2006, 09:45 PM
2 Great games today, the Finns wanted the bronze medal more, and they earned it today. Canada played great, what can I say, a very enjoyable experience. I was very happy to see Rask get the goaltender of the tournament, even though Pogge played great, Rask was unbelievable.

What fun, now back to the real world. :) :thumb:

CHtoo
01-05-2006, 09:49 PM
You two mustn't have much to do!

I just noticed how many posts you've made.

Unbelievable.

Keep it up! :thumb:

PS loved both games today. Was really impressed with the Fins work ethic with only 4 defensemen.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-05-2006, 10:15 PM
They came in as the underdogs of the tournament,beacause they had only 1 returning player from last years team that being Cam Barker,Canada played well in all of their games and the team was made up of some of the best Junior players in Canada. I am kind of dissapointed that 1 player: Devin Setoguchi did not get to be on the team,because he would have also contributed for Team Canada,there's always next year for him to try and Make the team(I sure hope he does) Justin Pogge played AWESOME, he recorded 3 shutouts in the entire tournament and broke another goalie's record(who's name I can not rememeber) for the longest time for not allowing a goal in the tounament, way to go Justin Pogge :clap: Blake Comeau also had a very strong and sucessful tournament. Cam Barker probably feels better because he was not able to play in the tounament last year because he had mononucleosis(sp) Kyle Chipchura who was the Captain(as we all know) played a great bunch of games as well. Devan Dubynk should be mentioned as well (even though he did not play in the tounament) he still deserves credit for making the team,he did have a tough time in the selection camp,but recouvered and made the team. Congratulations to every player on Team Canada,they all poured their blood,sweat and tears into this tounament and gave put forth an excellent effort that propelled them to win the gold. Congrats to all of the players that represented the WHL and the rest of team Canada you have made all of us proud :clap: :thumb:

Rebels30
01-05-2006, 10:25 PM
YAY :clap: :clap:

i'm sooooo happy they won!!!!....and i won a little money lol...they all played awsome :groovy:

Congratulations Team Canada!!

RDRebelsfan
01-05-2006, 10:43 PM
Awesome job Canada!!

Way to prove all those projectors wrong.

Beaner
01-05-2006, 11:24 PM
You two mustn't have much to do!

I just noticed how many posts you've made.

Unbelievable.

Keep it up! :thumb:

PS loved both games today. Was really impressed with the Fins work ethic with only 4 defensemen.

LOL.

Couple things y'all may have missed at home watching on TV.

1) The 50/50 draw for the Canada/Russia game was over 70k. Yes thats right 70k. 18k of that came from the night before since no one claimed the prize during that game. But still, over 50k in tickets sold in that 1 game.

2) After Rask finished getting his photos taken for the Goalie of the Tournament award, he walked over to Pogge at the far end and gave him a nice job and shook his hand. Those two should be great for Toronto.

langdak
01-06-2006, 12:42 AM
As Beaner said, 2 excellent hockey games today

If any of you get a chance in the future to take in a WJ Tournament, i would HIGHLY suggest it

It is a lot of hockey, as i attended 17 games in 9 days, but it was well worth it

The only ones i didnt attend were the 4 relegation games as i couldnt handle 3 games in a day in 2 different buildings

All in all, excellent tournament all around, saw some great hockey and saw some subpar hockey, but in the end it was worth every penny i spent on my tickets and everything else to go along with it.

That 71 thousand dollar 50/50 would have been nice to win, only 2000 numbers away.....lol

Congrats CANADA, you more then deserve it :thumb:

Now i have to sort through my 400 some odd pictures and see what i am gonna do with them

If anybody would like any pics, let me know, i have PLENTY of every game i attended

langdak
01-06-2006, 12:50 AM
Here are the World Junior First Team All-Stars if anybody is interested

Year

Goaltender
Tuukka
Rask
(FIN)

Defencemen
Jack
Johnson
(USA)

Luc
Bourdon
(CAN)

Forwards
Steve
Downie
(CAN)

Evgeni
Malkin
(RUS)

Lauri
Tukonen
(FIN)

Spungy
01-06-2006, 12:50 AM
:clap: Congrats!!

Thanks for the in person info! that is always fun to hear!

Triton
01-06-2006, 09:13 AM
As Beaner said, 2 excellent hockey games today

If any of you get a chance in the future to take in a WJ Tournament, i would HIGHLY suggest it

It is a lot of hockey, as i attended 17 games in 9 days, but it was well worth it

The only ones i didnt attend were the 4 relegation games as i couldnt handle 3 games in a day in 2 different buildings

All in all, excellent tournament all around, saw some great hockey and saw some subpar hockey, but in the end it was worth every penny i spent on my tickets and everything else to go along with it.

That 71 thousand dollar 50/50 would have been nice to win, only 2000 numbers away.....lol

Congrats CANADA, you more then deserve it :thumb:

Now i have to sort through my 400 some odd pictures and see what i am gonna do with them

If anybody would like any pics, let me know, i have PLENTY of every game i attended

How much did it cost to attend all those games??I wouldn't mind a picture or two with Kyle Chipchura.

Nature Boy
01-06-2006, 09:26 AM
That was a great game that canada played. They really dominted the Russians last night. They really shut down the Russians best player Malkin. He had two shots on net was a -2 and took two penalties. They were on him all the time and even layed him out a couple of times. The Russians next best player Emelin took a couple of bad penalties. Steve Downie was really good last night, he made the Russians take a few penalties. The whole team was good and they bought into the Sutter system of hockey. Hopefully Brent comes back next year. The team has 12 players eligible to return next year. I knew that Pogge was good but not that good. Watch out for the Hitmen when he comes back to the team. He made some key saves and kept them in the first period until they started to score. I thought that he should have been the goalie of the tournament. But without Raask Finland would not have even won the Bronze medal. He won the game against Sweeden with 53 saves.

langdak
01-06-2006, 03:20 PM
How much did it cost to attend all those games??I wouldn't mind a picture or two with Kyle Chipchura.

If i remember right, our packages were approx $750.00 per seat for 21 games

I had all the Vancouver round robin games, and the whole medal round...we had gold packages which meant lower bowl seats in both buildings

The silver packages were cheaper

As for pics of Chipchura, let me look and see what i have, and i can send you some if i have any, i have a lot of pics to look through, so give me a bit of time and i will see what i can come up with

I know i have a few of him hoisting the cup from the gold medal game

I will let you know

Triton
01-06-2006, 03:22 PM
As for pics of Chipchura, let me look and see what i have, and i can send you some if i have any, i have a lot of pics to look through, so give me a bit of time and i will see what i can come up with

I know i have a few of him hoisting the cup from the gold medal game

I will let you know

Awesome that would be great.I wish the World Juniors would come back to Saskatoon.

The_Vulk
01-06-2006, 04:13 PM
The games (the entire tournamant) were great to watch on TV.

All that is, except for the one little game between Finland and Sweden. But them, the commentators made up for it by what they said and where talking about.

Congrats should go out to ALL the participants. They did what others (most of us) could not do, play at such a young age infront of so many on such an international stage at such a high level.