PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs aquire Erickson

Triton
01-06-2006, 09:11 AM
CHIEFS ACQUIRE VETERAN FORWARD

The Spokane Chiefs have acquired 20-year-old forward Brad Erickson from the Prince Albert Raiders in exchange for a sixth round Bantam selection in 2007.

The Saskatoon, Saskatchewan native is in his third season in the WHL, his second with Prince Albert, and has played 146 career games. Erickson played 36 games as a rookie with the Saskatoon Blades in 2003-04.

“Brad is a versatile forward who can play either center or right wing,” Chiefs Head Coach Bill Peters said. “He had a very solid season last year and a good run through the playoffs and will add veteran experience to our club and increase our depth up front.”

In 17 playoff games last year, Erickson scored five goals and nine points in 17 games.

The addition of Erickson, combined with Jeff Lynch and Chad Klassen, puts the Chiefs at three overage players, the WHL limit.

Erickson is expected to join the Chiefs on Friday night when they travel to Cranbrook to take on the Kootenay Ice. Spokane will host the Moose Jaw Warriors on Saturday during Red Robin Fantasy Hockey Night and Seattle Thunderbirds on Sunday with KJRB 790 the Fan’s Wing Bowl qualifier.

Triton
01-06-2006, 10:56 PM
And he manages to score his first as a Chief and the first in the game.

Jimmypop316
01-07-2006, 03:18 AM
good to see hes already contributing. Missed the game tonight, but getting a point from a team as good as Kootenay is good, even though I would prefer the 2 points.

LifelongChiefsFan
01-07-2006, 05:36 AM
good to see hes already contributing. Missed the game tonight, but getting a point from a team as good as Kootenay is good, even though I would prefer the 2 points.

Agreed. I feel bad for the Chiefs though, in all four games they've played Kootenay about as tough as you can (I think they lost all 4 by one goal if you don't count empty netters) but haven't been able to pull out a win against them yet. Of course the Chiefs traditionally do struggle against that division. Here's hoping they pull it out against Kootenay 2 weeks from now :thumb:

rezstyle
01-10-2006, 05:46 PM
I had the chance to watch him play, he's a gamer. Pretty quick and follows through on checks, I can see why we had interest in him.

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2006, 05:23 PM
how is erickson doing now after a few games ?

Jimmypop316
02-08-2006, 05:52 PM
Playing 3rd line centre, hes quick and full of piss n vinegar. I like him. Plays on the PP and does a pretty good job.

Pretty much, the same thing rez said, a pretty good acquisition.

Dwight Schrute
02-10-2006, 01:56 AM
Playing 3rd line centre, hes quick and full of piss n vinegar. I like him. Plays on the PP and does a pretty good job.

Pretty much, the same thing rez said, a pretty good acquisition.
yeah i really like how he would hit guys twice his size and knock em over really can get the crowd into it. its too bad clark traded him we got rid of him and a 17 year old euro (with lots of potential) for a overage euro who isnt doing much on the ice.

Triton
02-10-2006, 09:10 AM
Erickson was a floater here,kinda like the entire team this season.I'am glad he's found a niche in Spokane.

FELIX17
02-10-2006, 10:04 AM
Maybe Spokane could pick up Hellyer for next year. He doesn't hit like Erickson, but he's small and can float with the best of them.

Triton
02-10-2006, 10:08 AM
Maybe Spokane could pick up Hellyer for next year. He doesn't hit like Erickson, but he's small and can float with the best of them.

Give em Novak too.Can't be considered a 20 y/o cause he plays like he's in atom or peewee.He'd still be scared to go in the corners if he played in atom.

Dwight Schrute
02-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Give em Novak too.Can't be considered a 20 y/o cause he plays like he's in atom or peewee.He'd still be scared to go in the corners if he played in atom.
soo true ... think he will turn pro ? LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clap:

Triton
02-10-2006, 05:49 PM
soo true ... think he will turn pro ? LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :clap:

I didn't know there was a "I can't believe it's not butter" league.

Dwight Schrute
02-12-2006, 05:14 PM
I didn't know there was a "I can't believe it's not butter" league.
lol good one .... really good one. i hope novak reads this, and maybe gets in his first career fight