PDA

View Full Version : Pogge - KTN at CGY 7:00 PM

Mileflames
01-07-2006, 02:44 PM
As of the Fan960 Friday

Pogge will not be playing tonight, he is with his family.
Expect to see him Wednesday night against Lethbridge.

If there are any healthy scratches tonight, it could mean a trade. ;)

Rammer
01-07-2006, 05:58 PM
I was counting on Pogge to backstop Team Canada to victory against the Russians, he did even better than I could of wished. I am glad the Ice are not facing him, as he has to be the hottest goaltender in the CHL. Good luck on the game tonight, hope you get to witness a real barnburner... :bounce: :bounce:

I caught the game between Kootenay and the Hitmen on Dec 27th while in Cranbrook visiting family, your captain looked like your all around leader on the ice and off, he is a good one. :thumb:

Joe Hallenback
01-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Alex Plante is not dressed. Is he hurt?

Rammer
01-07-2006, 10:16 PM
No need for Pogge to be in this game, 5-3 victory for the Hitmen, congratulations Calgary fans. I would of enjoyed another victory tonight as the Hitmen are as difficult an opponent as the Ice will face. When the game was on the line though, the Hitmen dug deeper. :thumb:

RunTheGoalie
01-07-2006, 11:15 PM
4th come from behind win in a row.

And especially nice to come back from two absolutely boneheaded penalties in the first that cost us goals. Schultz getting lazy (as usual) and surfing off a player, cost us a PP and a goal, then White taking a stupid roughing penalty when already shorthanded.

It helped that Lazaruk sucked tonight though. That third goal was brutal.

The GWG was great to see coming right on the heels of a brutal penalty call by Zalasky when Vantuch was nailed for a poor Kootenay dive.

Great gutty effort by the team, and they will undoubtably get a big lift on Wednesday when Pogge returns to the lineup.

peatfan
01-08-2006, 02:36 AM
Injured in his first shift back from the under-17. Should be back soon as will Sonne. And I also agree with the so-called pentaly against Vantuch. At first I thought he was only going to call the dive but I guess me and 9300 was watching a different game than our buddy Zalaski. I have to ask him where he gets his drugs from as he sees things no one else does. It has to be the only explanation I can think of.

ScottyWazz
01-08-2006, 08:41 PM
I think the best part was when Lineker got one of the linesmen in the goons when he was shooting the puck down the ice. Of course, it resulted in a ten-minute call, but whatever's clever.

The_Vulk
01-10-2006, 08:57 AM
Yay, Pogge with be in the Dome Wednesday.

Calgary, AB - Calgary Hitmen fans are welcome to greet goaltender Justin Pogge upon his return to Calgary following a Gold Medal performance at the 2006 World Junior Hockey Championships.

Pogge will be arriving in Calgary, Tuesday, January 10th on a WestJet flight from Kelowna at 12:25 p.m.

He had an outstanding World Junior Tournament for Team Canada going 6 and 0 with a 1.00 goals against average and a tournament best 95.2 save percentage.
Before Wednesday's home Hitmen game against Lethbridge there will be a special pre-game ceremony honoring several Hitmen players for their performance during Christmas Tournaments. World Juniors Justin Pogge (Canada), Freddie Pettersson (Sweden), along with World Under 17's Alex Plante (Team Western) and Brett Sonne (Team Pacific). Hitmen team doctor Ian Auld will also be recognized for winning Gold with Canada.

ScottyWazz
01-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Figures-- I have a show that night, so I can't attend-- dastards.