PDA

View Full Version : Which 2 Players...?

Blades 4 Life!
01-07-2006, 10:10 PM
Khudobin should be traded very soon. How does it look when fans from another hockey team or even us Blades fans think of him when he freaks out. when he has those temper tantrams it even brings the team down. his inconsisty that makes him not as valuble to the team. When a teams goaltender plays inconsistent it throws the team off. The Blades need to trade Haw away. He is big and strong but he doesn't use his strength. All he does is take bad penalties at the wrong time and sometimes it costs the Blades the game. But when Haw uses his strength he is unstopible. This one game i went to he was hitting everybody left and right and thats the best i have ever saw him play. I have only saw Haw play like that one game and last year i went to about 20 or so game sand he was only like that once. When Mike Green used to play for the Blades he was physical every game and it pumped up the fans and the team and that why they were so successful last year. They are stil winning alot of games but they could be winning alot more. Those 2 players are the facture that the Blades aren't doing better. If they traded both of them for a good d-man it would be alright! GoBladesGO

Billy Blade
01-07-2006, 10:53 PM
Problem is it's not so easy to just get something for nothing, especially when you're dealing for an obvious need. Khudobin likely won't be back after this season, and there aren't really any teams that are only a solid goaltender away from being a contender where such a deal would make sense for them. Evan Haw on his own is not going to bring the return that the Blades are looking for. If the Blades want to land somebody who will really help the team on the backend for the stretch run, they are going to have to give up a scoring veteran and/or some promising youth.

If a marketable vet ends up being moved, I would think it would be either Wacey Rabbit or Joe Barnes. Setoguchi is almost untouchable, and there is no real market for Bader or Bahensky.

Justin McCrae will likely be high on the asking list of other teams, and I'm sure it would have to very much be the right deal for Molleken to move him. We have a lot of talented youth with great potential, and that will likely be where any deals are centered around.

However, look for Molleken to add the third and final 20 year old at a minimum before the end of the deadline unless there absolutely is nobody of any value to the team available. They can usually be had for a song and dance (otherwise known as late round bantam picks). :D

Blades 4 Life!
01-07-2006, 11:04 PM
Ya Billy Blade you do have a point. If they do want a good player they wil have to trade away someone like Branes or Rabbit. Rabbit is one of the main reason why the Blades are first in their division. If you trade away a player that is already helping the team it might back fire or maybe help the team but that a big chance at trading Rabbit. The worst thing he could do is to take away the Barnes Setoguchi Bader line. The are the other reason why the Blades are doing well. The Best choice would be to trade away McCrae but that could also back fire and he could become the next Setoguchi. What ever the Blades do I hope it keeps their winning ways going and stay on top of their division GoBladesGO