PDA

View Full Version : Video Feed

blazerhockey
01-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Iam considering buying todays game with blazers and was interested in what the quality of the feed from everett is.

Tipped Off
01-08-2006, 03:07 PM
The Everett feed is very average. It usually comes across well with no hiccups, but the camera work is horrible. They move away from the action and point the camera at the ads very quickly. Sometimes causing you to miss action/fights or celebrations. There also are very limited camera angles. I beleive there is one camera on each side they switch to. On a scale of 1-10, I'd rate it a 6.

HAF
01-08-2006, 04:11 PM
They also cut to advertising during play. I think its wired right into the video monitor in the rink. I wont order Everett feeds again for that reason right there. ITS PAY PER VIEW!!!!! DONT INTERUPT THE GAME COVERAGE TO SHOW QUICKY LUBE IS HAVING A SALE!!!!!! Also, I dont care what the winning 50/50 numbers are or that Bob and Jane from Renton won a free car wash.... I'm watching from home!!!! Everett feed is one of the worst
I've seen this year.

Beaner
01-08-2006, 04:17 PM
I haven't seen an Everett game in a while, maybe November, but it was very bad. Unless they have really improved the feed a lot for reasons mentioned above, I think you will be very disappointed with it and be wanting your money back. I have watched a feed from almost every rink in the WHL this year, and Everetts is easily the worst.

Average is a kind rating, I would call it poor, and on a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 2.

Tipped Off
01-08-2006, 05:46 PM
My six rating was for quality of the internet feed itself. I've never had freeze ups, etc... on the Everett feed. I agree the camera work/commercials are ridiculous, but as for technical problems, the feed i watched last night from Tri-City was the wort I've ever seen.

HAF
01-08-2006, 06:01 PM
, the feed i watched last night from Tri-City was the wort I've ever seen.

I dont know, I've never watched a feed from Tri. I'm a season ticket holder and never miss a game.

Tipped Off
01-08-2006, 11:29 PM
I am an sth myself, but one nights we can't get a sitter my wife and i trade off going with one of the kids. I've seen about 4 home games so far on the feed.

Beaner
01-12-2006, 01:04 PM
I haven't seen an Everett game in a while, maybe November, but it was very bad. Unless they have really improved the feed a lot for reasons mentioned above, I think you will be very disappointed with it and be wanting your money back. I have watched a feed from almost every rink in the WHL this year, and Everetts is easily the worst.

Average is a kind rating, I would call it poor, and on a scale of 1-10 I would give it a 2.

I watched the feed from Everetts' home game vs. Tri City and I have to change my rank. The commercials are gone, the camera work has improved 100%, and even the commentators have started to call a much more balanced game. The Radio guys were even saying bad things about Smith when he called penalties against Tri-cities that weren't penalties.

The feed is much much better, the camera work is still a bit slow, but a huge improvement. Can see the corners now, the operator keeps up to the play for the most part, and when they cut to radio commercial the camera stays on the action.

I have to give it a 6/10 now, still not tops, no replays, but worth it. Average compared to the rest of the league.

Have to give Everett props for fixing their feed from earlier in the year, and I'm looking forward to being able to watch the feed on the 21st when the Giants play the Tips in Everett.