PDA

View Full Version : 2006/2007 Pats

dsquared
01-08-2006, 03:26 PM
The time to start thinking about next season's Pats will soon be upon us. The Pats would have a surplus of 2006 20 year olds (K Ross, G Festerling, J Fuder, K Deck would likly compete for the 3 spots) the odd man out might get picked up - but you might as well give one spot to Deck.

Also they would lose our 2 Euro's - Parker is going to very hard pressed to replace Kalus and Tolpeko. He may have go back to picking names out of the Prague phone book; given the Pats improvement this year and the resulting lower draft picks in 2006. The other thing is the expansion by Chilliwack ans expansion draft - the Pats can only protect 15-16 players - the Pats will lose someone through that process - who do they protect. Only players 17-20 year-olds will be affected by this process. So the question is who do they protect - here is my list as of today:
2 Goalies + (3)Deck + (4)Reinhart + (5)Schira + (6)MacDermott + (7)Kalus (just in case) + (8)McDonald + (9)Festerling + (10)Fuder + (11)Duval + (12)Bernhardt + (13)K. Ross + (14)Pyett +(15)Senseman? +(16)MacDermott?
________
Vaporizerinfo (http://johan-luis.tumblr.com/)

Pats11
01-09-2006, 12:02 AM
I'm not sure when they have to finalise their protected list but I have a feeling the Pats roster may change significantly before they do announce it, the Pats should be realising that they are not close enough to making a real run at the playoffs and look to move a couple guys. I think that guys like Festerling and if he wasn't hurt so much Reinhart would be looked at for making a trade. Reinhart hasn't played well this year and if it wasn't for injuries he would be offered up by Parker since he'll be 19 next year and has done nothing to make the Pats think he'll step up and play a bigger role. Festerling is a guy that a team that is looking at a long playoff run could really use, he provides speed and a scoring touch as well as a good defensive game. This would also make the 20yr old decision a little easier next year.

I think my list of protected guys would look something like this.....

2 Goalies, Deck(3), Schira(4), N.Ross(5), Pyett(6), Bernhardt(7), Ross(8), Lind(9), Leffler(10), Festerling(11)(if still there), Duval(12), Senseman(13), MacDonald(14), Fuder(15) and Kalus(16). Kalus being a tough one as there is a huge chance he'll be in either Boston or the AHL, if he is back he'll be a scoring machine next year after a season adjusting to the style of play and another year of development.

nivek_wahs
01-09-2006, 02:49 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats trade with Chilliwack prior to the Expansion Draft in lieu of a pick...

T-Bone
01-09-2006, 10:00 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pats trade with Chilliwack prior to the Expansion Draft in lieu of a pick...

Actually, Parker traded the rights to Robin Big Snake and Brandon Janes to the expansion Giants (with Nathan Exner in return) for an exemption in the expansion draft but Janes chose not to report and remained in the BCHL so Vancouver then selected Choukalous in the summer...Trojovsky was also a straight up selection by Everett in the expansion draft.

Steak

Golks
01-10-2006, 12:22 AM
Kalus being a tough one as there is a huge chance he'll be in either Boston or the AHL, if he is back he'll be a scoring machine next year after a season adjusting to the style of play and another year of development.

As far as I know Kalus could only play in the NHL next year as he would be a 19 year old. If Boston doesn't keep him they would have to send him back to the Pats.