PDA

View Full Version : Trade deadline

In the crowd
01-08-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm just wondering what you guys think the Ice should do at the deadline?. Last year it is known that the Ice were in the Redenbach sweepstakes but nothing was done cause they couldn't unload a 20 yr old. It ended up being the best thing for them last year. But does anyone think we should make a move, and for what?, or stand still. We all know we have a team to make a run again.

Rammer
01-08-2006, 07:46 PM
I'm just wondering what you guys think the Ice should do at the deadline?. Last year it is known that the Ice were in the Redenbach sweepstakes but nothing was done cause they couldn't unload a 20 yr old. It ended up being the best thing for them last year. But does anyone think we should make a move, and for what?, or stand still. We all know we have a team to make a run again.

We need some size for the playoff run, don't you think?

Rammer
01-10-2006, 11:07 AM
With Brule potentially coming back, is it important for the Ice to counter that prior to the TD? Every year I keep saying that it is only so often that you are in the running to make an impact in the WHL playoffs, and this is the Ice's 5th in a row, are they going to make a move?

We never seem to have much size, and is a reaosn why Cracknell is able to make those thunderous hits, noone is too worried about our forwards hitting them, Cracknells come as a surprise. I guess I like the idea of being able to power your way through in the playoffs, and once again our forwards are not bangers. At least with Dawes we had a fiesty wide body smaller player, who could lead the others by example.

Chipper
01-10-2006, 12:06 PM
I think we are a lot bigger than we have been in the past, this team is doing a great job with what we have. Jeff was Interviewed by the paper and he is not looking for any big trade if anything (long shot)he will tweek a bit but he has never sold the future for today. I think we will not make any trade. He has to provide a competitive team every year and keep the fans coming. He has done a great job in the past doing this and I don't expect him to change now. I believe we can do it with the team we have.

Rammer
01-10-2006, 12:23 PM
I think we are a lot bigger than we have been in the past, this team is doing a great job with what we have. Jeff was Interviewed by the paper and he is not looking for any big trade if anything (long shot)he will tweek a bit but he has never sold the future for today. I think we will not make any trade. He has to provide a competitive team every year and keep the fans coming. He has done a great job in the past doing this and I don't expect him to change now. I believe we can do it with the team we have.

You are right, the future cannot be sacrificed, but a little size that bangs would be nice. Even wioth a very competitive team the Ice remain just above the medosa line in attendance year after year, a bad year would be disasterous for the franchise remaining in Cranbrook.

I guess that I am looking for a Jaffray type, someone that will get under the skin of the opposition, yet not take stupid penalties.