PDA

View Full Version : Round 1 of the playoffs in Winnipeg?

RunTheGoalie
02-02-2005, 06:36 PM
I can understand the idea of playing four regular season games in Winnipeg. It helps broaden the team's fan base, generates extra revenue, and might be the precursor for a new team in Winnipeg that will help Brandon over the long term.

But, according to Mark Stiles on Fan960, the Wheat Kings intend to play the first round of the playoffs in Winnipeg? That is quite the slap in the face to the fans in Brandon who have supported this franchise, is it not?

grumphy
02-03-2005, 08:44 AM
It's because of the exibition-------happens every year

Furback
02-03-2005, 05:58 PM
I agree if i had to travel to winnepeg to watch a playoff game after supporting the team all year i would be mad but what do you expect from a mccrimmon run team.

RunTheGoalie
02-03-2005, 06:38 PM
It's because of the exibition-------happens every year

heh, yeah, they mentioned that on the Hitmen broadcast about 15 minutes after I posted this. Still a kick in the teeth to Wheatie fans though.

grumphy
02-04-2005, 08:58 AM
I agree if i had to travel to winnepeg to watch a playoff game after supporting the team all year i would be mad but what do you expect from a mccrimmon run team.
Has nothing to do with who runs the team the Nantional Ex has been there since they built the building. Kings have always been shafted for the first round of the playoffs.

Furback
02-04-2005, 04:50 PM
poor brandon will not see playoff hockey this year thats a shame.

Triton
02-04-2005, 05:03 PM
This is a situation that Brandon fans are used to.Having to play a playoff series in Winnipeg.Brandon will get to play in their own barn in the latter part of round one,and from there on will play all remaining playoff games at the keystone centre.I think that maybe the city of Brandon's event commitee should move the annual Exhibition a week forward.I don't see why they couldn't.This just makes an inconvenience on all fans.I remember when the Raiders had to travel to Saskatoon to play a playoff game against Calgary a few years back.This didn't go well with fans here.