PDA

View Full Version : SuperBowl 2006

The_Vulk
01-08-2006, 08:35 PM
The NFL's Wild Card Weekend is over.

Gone are the Jags, the Bengals, the Buccaneers and the Giants.

Next week's divisionals:

The Redskins at the Seahawks.
The Patriots at the Broncos.
The Steelers at the Colts.
The Panthers at the Bears.

I am hoping that all four home teams win next week.

LifelongChiefsFan
01-09-2006, 03:47 AM
Ah football....one of the few sports I actually put ahead of hockey during the playoffs. Can't wait till next Saturday. The Seahawks actually have a good team this year, I can't believe it. Maybe they will actually win a playoff game?

So anyone else rooting for the Seahawks or someone else perhaps? It'll be interesting to hear.

Anywhoo, GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Triton
01-09-2006, 10:50 AM
Redskins at Seahawks.
Patriots at Broncos.
Steelers at Colts.
Panthers at Bears

Redskins 10 Seahawks 28
Patriots 17 Broncos 21
Steelers 21 Colts 24
Panthers 14 Bears 10

Tinner
01-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Redskins at Seahawks.
Patriots at Broncos.
Steelers at Colts.
Panthers at Bears

Rammer
01-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Ah football....one of the few sports I actually put ahead of hockey during the playoffs. Can't wait till next Saturday. The Seahawks actually have a good team this year, I can't believe it. Maybe they will actually win a playoff game?

So anyone else rooting for the Seahawks or someone else perhaps? It'll be interesting to hear.

Anywhoo, GO SEAHAWKS!!!!

Ype, longtime suffering Seahawk fan here, I would love to see them go to the SB, and they have a very good chance of doing so. :clap:

WHEATMAN
01-09-2006, 01:22 PM
Redskins at the Seahawks- seahawks
Patriots at the Broncos- patriots
Steelers at the Colts- colts
Panthers at the Bears- bears

scamperdog
01-09-2006, 06:54 PM

Anywhoo, GO SEAHAWKS!!!!
I want to see them do it this year, but the defence still scares me at times, I guess its just be positive and they will win.
Are they any closer to signing Alexander the great?

Rammer
01-09-2006, 07:32 PM
I want to see them do it this year, but the defence still scares me at times, I guess its just be positive and they will win.
Are they any closer to signing Alexander the great?

Having homefield advantage to the SB, should give the Hawks a decided advantage in their conference. The D has been allowing the Hawks to exploit Alexanders abilities on O. They aren't the best on paper, but as a team they are doing what needs to be done in all three facets of the game.

scamperdog
01-09-2006, 11:32 PM
Having homefield advantage to the SB, should give the Hawks a decided advantage in their conference. The D has been allowing the Hawks to exploit Alexanders abilities on O. They aren't the best on paper, but as a team they are doing what needs to be done in all three facets of the game.
lets hope that it works for three more games :wave:

Jovorock
01-10-2006, 08:10 AM
Ype, longtime suffering Seahawk fan here, I would love to see them go to the SB, and they have a very good chance of doing so. :clap:
No kiddding I've been a Seahawk fan since the Jim Zorn days. It took Haselback a long time to get this offense, but is clicking on all cylinders now. Alexander is running great and the Hawks have a well rounded O.

Defensive secondary sometimes has wholes, but overall they have enough to make a good run.

Looking very forward to 1pm pst Saturday.

LifelongChiefsFan
01-16-2006, 02:46 PM
This is so exciting, only one game away now.

Should be a good, tough game against Carolina, but I think the Seahawks pull it out and go on to the super bowl!!

The_Vulk
01-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Boy did the Steelers take it to the Colts, when they wanted to.

I how they can take care of the Broncos, but it will be a tight contest.

As for Seattle, they must'n look past the Panthers. If they play their gamne, they shouold be able to take care of Carolina.

WHEATMAN
01-16-2006, 05:15 PM
that was a great game, but ben roethlisbergr really kept the steelers in it with that tackle after bettis's fumble, if it wasn't for that little trip up, the colts would have easily been inside the 20 and a TD or field goal would have been a given

Triton
01-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Broncos 28 Steelers 23

If Alexander plays:
Seattle 27 Panthers 17

If Alexander doesn't play:
Panthers 23 Seattle 20

Jovorock
01-17-2006, 08:58 AM
I think the Steelers and Broncos is a toss up pick. Very close to call but I will take the Broncos. Home game twice in a row, Steelers traveling twice and playing one extra game helps the Broncos cause.

I haven't heard about how Alexanders concusion is doing but he looked good on the sideline, so I would think he will play? Panthers are pretty banged up after the Colts game so I will stay with the Seahawks.

Toswammi
01-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Why cant the bowl be panthers, and hawks. That is the game i can't wait to watch, go hawks. It will be close but injuries will finally catch up to the panthers, but like i said before it will be close, how close field goal close. The other game, personally am a bettis fan, so go steelers, but i dont really like nor hate either team. That game will be close, but i doubt it will be as exciting.

Superbowl:
Steelers vs Seahawks

scamperdog
01-22-2006, 09:18 PM
Way to go SEAHAWKS!!!!!! One more to go!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

The_Vulk
01-22-2006, 09:56 PM
It will be a great Superbowl game.

The Steelers and the Seahawks!

Sure looks to not be a super-BORE, as the game has a habit of becoming.

The_Vulk
01-23-2006, 08:46 AM
Curious, during the Seattle/Carolina game, at one point the TV commentations (and a graph on the screen) showed the Panthers QB had a rating as low as 1.9

1.9! :dead:

I think that is a record low (if they keep such records). Of course, he ended the game just under 40, but still... :clown:

Stay-Puft
01-23-2006, 12:26 PM
Go Hawks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toswammi
01-23-2006, 06:31 PM
Yeah i was right, BOOYAH. As for the superbowl i really dont care. As mentioned previous i am a bettis fan, i mean the guy straight up runs over you, whats not to love. On the other side i am a hawks fan and it is there first trip to the big game. yikes, i hope the game isnt a blowout for either side and it comes down to a series of big plays late in the game to decide the outcome.

LifelongChiefsFan
01-23-2006, 09:46 PM
This is so Great!!!! I still can't believe the Seahawks are in the Super Bowl!! I wasn't sure if it was ever going to happen!!

Only one more game left!!! I can barely wait!!