PDA

View Full Version : Raiders welcome Colliton back...

Triton
02-02-2005, 06:58 PM
The Prince Albert Raiders are pleased to announce that team captain Jeremy Colliton has been given clearance to return to the lineup for games this weekend against the Saskatoon Blades.

Colliton, who was leading the team in scoring with 14 goals and 22 assists for 36 points in the first 34 games of the season, was injured while competing with Team Canada at the World Junior Championships. He suffered the knee injury in a pre-tournament game Dec.20 while playing on Team Canada's top line with Sidney Crosby and Patrice Bergeron. He re-aggravated the injury during the second game of the WJC in Grand Forks, North Dakota Dec.27 and has not played since.

Colliton, who took the pre-game skate last night against the Regina Pats, will make his return to the Raider lineup Friday in Saskatoon, then be back at the Comuniplex Saturday when the Raiders host the Blades at 7:30 PM in McDonald's Memories Night! It will be Colliton's first appearance in a Raider uniform since Dec.11

Chipper
02-02-2005, 08:58 PM
Congratulations i'm sure it will be great to get him in the line up, even tougher to loose a player when they are playing for something else like Team Canada

Knuckle Chucker
02-02-2005, 10:56 PM
i hope they arent bringing him back to early there is no rush

I don't think he will log nearly as much ice as he normally does. I think they will be very carfull and watch his progress closely. I think Anholt said something about playing on the 3rd line