PDA

View Full Version : Helm player of the week

Triton
01-09-2006, 11:48 AM
www.whl.ca

The Greyhound WHL Player of the Week is Darren Helm of the Medicine Hat Tigers. Helm earned player of the week honours by recording six goals and eight points including a power-play game-winning goal and a short-handed goal in three games during the week of January 2nd to January 8th. Helm also had a plus-minus rating of +8 and no penalties while helping the Tigers to a perfect record for the week.

On Wednesday, January 4th, Helm scored two goals in a 7-0 win against the visiting Regina Pats. On Saturday, January 7th, Helm scored the game-winning goal and added an assist in a 5-2 win against the visiting Saskatoon Blades.

On Sunday, January 8th, Helm recorded a hat-trick and added an assist in a 7-4 win over the visiting Lethbridge Hurricanes.

Helm, an 18-year-old native of Winnipeg, Manitoba, was drafted by the Detroit Red Wings in the 2005 NHL Draft.

bandwagonboy
01-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Helm has just been a huge suprise all year long. I predicted he'd finish the year with as many points as he has now. I can't express just how proud I am of his play.