PDA

View Full Version : Americans Obtain Defenseman from Blades

Brad
01-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Kennewick, WA – The Tri-City Americans today have obtained 18-year-old defenseman Nicolaus Knudsen from the Saskatoon Blades in exchange for a third round draft pick in the 2006 WHL Bantam Draft.

The 6'4", 203 pound rearguard from Aldergrove, British Columbia has appeared in 39 games for the Blades this season and has one goal, eight points, 67 penalty minutes and is a plus 12.

In 154 career games for the Blades he has four goals, 15 assists, 19 points and 277 penalty minutes. Knudsen will join the Americans for this Wednesday night’s game in Everett.

"This gives us added size and depth to the blue line corps," said Americans governor/general manager Bob Tory. "Knudsen will strengthen our defensive rotation and adds another player in the 1987 age group."

The Americans return to action at Toyota Center this Friday, January 13th at 7:05 pm against the archrival Spokane Chiefs. It’s Tri-City Herald Family Friday presented by KEPR 19. Four fans can attend the game for just $44 with a coupon from Thursday’s Herald Life section.

Tickets are available in advance at the Toyota Center box office and all Tickets west outlets including Red Lion Hotels. Call 1.800.325.SEAT.

HAF
01-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Is he a tough guy?

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-09-2006, 08:32 PM
Is he a tough guy?
He is willing to drop the gloves( I wouldn't expect it too often though)but games in the U.S Division are probably very different than here in the East Division,so he could play different now that he is in a different divsion,and can hit pretty well. He is tough in the corners and he has bulked up,so that will definately help. Oh and thanks for the 3rd round pick, I think it will come in handy,In another deal to get a another defencemen.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-14-2006, 11:55 PM
I know it has not been that long since he was traded,but how has he been playing? what do you people think of him so far?