PDA

View Full Version : Blades trade Knudsen

Triton
01-09-2006, 01:20 PM
The Tri-City Americans today have obtained 18-year-old defenseman Nicolaus Knudsen from the Saskatoon Blades in exchange for a third round draft pick in the 2006 WHL Bantam Draft.

The 6'4", 203 pound rearguard from Aldergrove, British Columbia has appeared in 39 games for the Blades this season and has one goal, eight points, 67 penalty minutes and is a plus 12.

In 154 career games for the Blades he has four goals, 15 assists, 19 points and 277 penalty minutes. Knudsen will join the Americans for this Wednesday night’s game in Everett.

"This gives us added size and depth to the blue line corps," said Americans governor/general manager Bob Tory. "Knudsen will strengthen our defensive rotation and adds another player in the 1987 age group."

Lefty
01-09-2006, 01:32 PM
Time to speculate.
Who are we making room for?

Though Knudsen wasn't anything out of the ordinary, he was fairly solid defensively and was one of our more consistent defensemen. On the other hand, Crowley and Cole are both similar players who can do just as effective a job.

Right now though, our defense consists of Haw, Crowley, Panchyson, Cole, Funk and Ward. Obviously we can't survive with just 6 defensemen. Here's hoping its someone who can play on the top line, cause with Haw staying on the top pairing, we can kiss any chance at contending goodbye.

2,5,andagame
01-09-2006, 03:10 PM
Love the avatar Lefty

Beaner
01-09-2006, 03:19 PM
Has to be something in the works, the one thing the Blades needed was D, trading away a D-man for a pick just hints at something else coming down the pipe.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-09-2006, 04:53 PM
I thought Knudsen played very well for the Blades,but in the last few games he did make some poor descisions with the puck,but that is obviously not why he was traded,I think he was traded to make room so the team can bring in a top pairing defencemen,I hope he suceeds in Tri City with his new team. It should be an interesting day for the rest of today and part of tommorow.

Trav
01-09-2006, 05:27 PM
He's a decent defensemen but I like the third round pick we got for him. I think that's more then fair. You gotta think that Molleken has a deal in the works to acquire a defensemen and getting a 2nd 3rd rounder will make it easier to trade a top 3 bantam pick to get a d-man I think.

Pirate005
01-09-2006, 06:54 PM
I think Lorne is going to deal that 3rd round pick he got today along with a player or two to get his main defenseman. The pick is just a trading tool IMO.