PDA

View Full Version : Raider pick up Mike McDonald

Sabes
01-10-2006, 02:14 PM
http://whl.ca/news/

Triton
01-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Clark said he didn't want to aquire just any warm body...what do you think you just did?

Well Mike..get used to sitting in section 8.

Sabes
01-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Picked up a 17 yr old d-man for basically nothing. If we are selling then I like this move. We didn't have a 17 yr old D-man on our roster.

westbeach55
01-10-2006, 02:28 PM
we didn't give up much and we got a 17 year old dmen. nothing wrong with this trade

Triton
01-10-2006, 02:30 PM
Oh sorry I didn't realize we had to get excited of the HUGE aquisition of Mike McDonald :skeptical .I guess P.A's gonna make a run at the cup and Mike will lead them there.Clark is too cheap to give up anything.Mike's going first overall in the NHL draft... :spineyes:

westbeach55
01-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Oh sorry I didn't realize we had to get excited of the HUGE aquisition of Mike McDonald :skeptical .I guess P.A's gonna make a run at the cup and Mike will lead them there.Clark is too cheap to give up anything.Mike's going first overall in the NHL draft... :spineyes:

too cheap to give up????????? your getting 17 year old 6'2 210lbs dman for a 7th round pick nothing wrong with that. do you see anyone one else right now getting anything at all. should the raiders just trade all there players, just so they can say they traded at the deadline would that make you happy. you have no idea what is being offered. right now the whole league is being cheap i guess. remember most teams are still in the playoffs right now

Triton
01-10-2006, 02:43 PM
What does Clark plan on doing next year to stay competative when all the stars are gone?Win 7 games?We aren't going to make the same playoff run we did last year,and with the notion of Chipper,Thelen,Polak,Novak,Schafer,Byers,and Aki all gone what are we planning to do?Rebuild for another 5 years?We have one decent playoff run in the last decade and we think were a playoff team?No,we are the most offensively challanged team with stars imagine when we don't have those guys next year.I'm just ticked that Clark isn't gonna address our competativeness for the season's to come.Mike's probably a fine player but you may not want to hear this but we need to deal some of our top guys to stay decent.

westbeach55
01-10-2006, 02:47 PM
Im sure there trying to deal those players but it seems like its hard getting rid of players this year, look at how many deals have been made so far. I guess its not over yet but i mean we needed a 7th dman and we got a 17 year old so thats good. nobody wants to part with much this year it seems. i guess its easy sitting here and speculating we have no idea what clark is trying to offer or has offered.

Triton
01-10-2006, 02:53 PM
I agree we needed a 7th D-man and it comes no better than a 17 year old.I just think next year when those guys leave next year we get nothing for them going,at least if you deal we get something to look forward to.Yeah we make the playoffs than get bumped in the first round..all for nothing.I could care less if Brandon makes the playoffs or not cause I know if we made it we are done in round one,and the same goes to PA,if we don't make it we get a high draft pick and a high import draft pick,but at least Brandon has something to work with next season.PA's leading scorer would be Hellyer :dead: .Urgh!I know it's tough to trade guys right now,but that is getting old.Yeah teams are competative for the last playoff spots,but do they have a chance at beating the upper echelon teams?

Wildeyes
01-10-2006, 03:50 PM
but yes with the team we have now we can bet the upper teir teams i have no clue on why they cant this team isnt that bad if we could of cashed in on all those shootout losses we would be in second place right now maybe we need those old terry simpson days if the boys played bad they sat on the bus with the equipment on and as soon as they get back to the AHC its time to skate. These boys need to realise they are as good as the team. it time we stopped babying them tough love never hurt anyone

FELIX17
01-10-2006, 04:12 PM
If it turns out the only deal Clark makes is the minor one for McDonald, then I hope Anholt lights a fire under these guys for the remainder of the season. If I was Saskatoon, I'd be a little worried and I wouldn't be wanting to be playing this team again in the first round of the playoffs. If PA ever somehow manages to play to their potential lookout! The huge blockbuster Saskatoon just made will be all for not. I'm disappointed Saskatoon managed to dump Knudsen and Haw. They had to be one of the worst defensive pairings in the league. I'll miss the giveaways! lol!

westbeach55
01-10-2006, 04:18 PM
you never know though for abit could be some trades posted late on here

Triton
01-10-2006, 04:23 PM
If it turns out the only deal Clark makes is the minor one for McDonald, then I hope Anholt lights a fire under these guys for the remainder of the season. If I was Saskatoon, I'd be a little worried and I wouldn't be wanting to be playing this team again in the first round of the playoffs. If PA ever somehow manages to play to their potential lookout! The huge blockbuster Saskatoon just made will be all for not. I'm disappointed Saskatoon managed to dump Knudsen and Haw. They had to be one of the worst defensive pairings in the league. I'll miss the giveaways! lol!

You honestly think we have a good team?We have no depth other than one line.I think we need to be worried not Saskatoon,they are gonna want revenge,plus they just boostered their team to make a serious run at the cup all we did was get some no namer.

Number_4
01-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Dont get too angry at Clark yet, If I remember correctly it was closer to 6pm in Saskatchewan before all the trades were released last year. Still some time yet.

And if you want to look at the bright side... at least Parker isnt your gm. :laugh:

Dwight Schrute
01-10-2006, 06:05 PM
You honestly think we have a good team?We have no depth other than one line.I think we need to be worried not Saskatoon,they are gonna want revenge,plus they just boostered their team to make a serious run at the cup all we did was get some no namer.

the elder hewson and dowhay line seem to be doing good

Triton
01-10-2006, 06:06 PM
Gonna lose alot next year in Chipper,Aki,possibly Byers,Thelen,Schafer,Novak and Polak.Who's gonna score goals..Hellyer?Yuck!A 20 year old goalie and a 19 year old backup..thats not fair to Archibald either.

Dwight Schrute
01-10-2006, 06:14 PM
but yes with the team we have now we can bet the upper teir teams i have no clue on why they cant this team isnt that bad if we could of cashed in on all those shootout losses we would be in second place right now maybe we need those old terry simpson days if the boys played bad they sat on the bus with the equipment on and as soon as they get back to the AHC its time to skate. These boys need to realise they are as good as the team. it time we stopped babying them tough love never hurt anyone
true if these boys get some chemistry they could do some damage and a little tough love might force some chemistry

Dwight Schrute
01-10-2006, 06:15 PM
Gonna lose alot next year in Chipper,Aki,possibly Byers,Thelen,Schafer,Novak and Polak.Who's gonna score goals..Hellyer?Yuck!A 20 year old goalie and a 19 year old backup..thats not fair to Archibald either.

i think david aime is a lock to be the back up next year with either decks or archie to be traded

2,5,andagame
01-10-2006, 06:34 PM
I'm disappointed Saskatoon managed to dump Knudsen and Haw. They had to be one of the worst defensive pairings in the league. I'll miss the giveaways! lol!

You might see more now, with Schultz, Hengen, and Price it will be like the shoot-out everytime they try to move the puck out of their end it ends up on the oppositions stick, and they usually have a clear cut breakaway as the D stands there wondering why the red light is on behind them.

Triton
01-10-2006, 06:39 PM
You might see more now, with Schultz, Hengen, and Price it will be like the shoot-out everytime they try to move the puck out of their end it ends up on the oppositions stick, and they usually have a clear cut breakaway as the D stands there wondering why the red light is on behind them.

Lorne won't tollerate that,so that won't be happening.Also better team and better coach and better players around you make you a better player.New surrounding will help all the new guys.A resurgance to their junior careers.On a lousy team maybe they felt that they didn't have to take responsibility for the mistakes that were made because they were a poor team.Now they are on a division leader with something to play for.

FELIX17
01-11-2006, 07:46 AM
Hellyer is so frustrating to watch. He did look better as a 17 year old. I haven't seen him play one good game this year. Anholt continues to play him in all key situations. He looked terrible in the last game against Brandon. And what does Anholt do? He makes him the 3rd shooter in the shootout. Wake up Anholt! And he'll probably be one of the 20 year old's next year. I hope they take a look at Andy Smith. He looked good in preseason. I think the only thing against him is his size. He's listed at 5 10 and 170 lbs, but I don't think he's that big. He has 26 points in 26 games with the Moose Jaw AAA Warriors. He skates well and has good hockey sense. Gross looked pretty good in his last stint with the team. Anyone know if Polak has clearance to play? Will he be in the lineup tonight in Regina?

Drop em' eh
01-29-2006, 09:12 PM
i think david aime is a lock to be the back up next year with either decks or archie to be traded

Aime is playing great this year for the Winnipeg Thrashers in the Manitoba AAA Midget league. He plays against all the strong teams and looks real solid. He was chosen for the World U-17 and had the best GAA of all the canadian teams goalies, he was also chosen for the AAA All-star game. Lets hope he at least gets a chance next year.