PDA

View Full Version : Giants add 20yr old

langdak
01-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Bonner stated on Mojo a couple of minutes ago that the Giants have listed 20yr old forward Brett Parker, formerly of the PG Cougars.

Bonner stated that Parker should be joining the Giants around playoff time.

Beaner
01-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Link to his stats with PG

http://www.whl.ca/stats/player.php?id=23470

GF71
01-10-2006, 04:41 PM
One word...WHY??? Unless they plan on sitting a couple of the rookies for the playoffs. PG talked to EVERY team early in the season to try and move him and there were no takers. PG gave him an out right release and there were no takers. No Vancouver picks him up and he will not report until his season in the SJHL is finished. So he will appear near palyoff time and will take the ice time of a rookie taht has played the season up here. Did they really need another 20 year old that bad? I think not. Bonehead move Bonner. :confused:

Beaner
01-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Could just be a safety net in case someone gets hurt. Didnt cost anything.

Kassian
01-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Parker is the former captain of the Cougars and he'll add some grit and experience to the line up come playoff time. I don't see anything wrong with this move.

I do wish he were joining the team sooner however...

Rammer
01-10-2006, 05:01 PM
One word...WHY??? Unless they plan on sitting a couple of the rookies for the playoffs. PG talked to EVERY team early in the season to try and move him and there were no takers. PG gave him an out right release and there were no takers. No Vancouver picks him up and he will not report until his season in the SJHL is finished. So he will appear near palyoff time and will take the ice time of a rookie taht has played the season up here. Did they really need another 20 year old that bad? I think not. Bonehead move Bonner. :confused:

Not sure if this has been common knowledge, but Parker's Dad had taken ill and he wanted to be closer to him, as I understand it. Signing on with Vancouver makes good sense for him as it is a short period for a potential high reward.

Beaner
01-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Parker's fathers illness was mentioned by Bonner as to why he wasnt playing in the Dub right now as you mentioned.

Section_Z
01-11-2006, 03:46 AM
Nothing wrong with covering your bases....I think it was a smart move. Better to call up Parker than some Green Bantam kid when injuries knock out a couple of guys on the way to the Memorial this spring....

N.W. Bruin
01-12-2006, 03:00 AM
Parker is being designated a "AP" of which I think the team can have five maximum (I could be wrong on the number though it is higher than five but maybe a bit lower). So he can be brought up after the roster freeze yesterday. Tommy T. likely designated as another one of the "APs" and maybe Wright and Bouma just in case the team wants to get them into a game or two.