PDA

View Full Version : Tidball a Bronco!!!

Willis on the Welfare
01-10-2006, 04:34 PM
Dean must have had enough of us 'net nerds' calling his team weak. Brandon Tidball the Blades cement head is on the way to Swifty!

Even better, his first game will be against Saskatoon!!!

Price and Hengen the other way...Dane Crowley also coming to Swift.

I'm practicing my chant...TIDBALL...TIDBALL...TIDBALL!!!

WHEATMAN
01-10-2006, 04:46 PM
i sure hope he works out for you guys, but he takes alot of stupid penalty's if the broncos make the playoffs that could become a problem

Johnsy05
01-10-2006, 04:48 PM
With price and hengen gone? there must be another deal cuz that leaves us with 6 d-men.

Edit: NM i thought crowley was a forward.

2,5,andagame
01-10-2006, 05:09 PM
I hope Tidball pounds Schultz tomorrow night. Hated Tidball till today.

ointhecreek
01-10-2006, 05:13 PM
Price hasn't done a lot for us and Hengen gave up way to many pucks in our own end and could never clear. We added some real toughness in Tidball, although I don't think of him as much of a player it will put some fear into the opposition which we seemed to lack since Rumsey quit fighting. Sure glad some of the rumors about Moir and Hunter were false. We could have used a sniper but maybe some of the guys will step up know that they know they are staying. (Lukacevic)

Scout
01-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Never saw that coming. We just got tougher big time. We thought we were weak and Dean fixed it. Tidball, one of the league's bigger goons who will go anyone anytime. Stands 6'1" 212lbs. Came from the Q. where he was a top ten fighter and let his presence be known in the Dub. We got Crowley, a 6'2" 210lb. D-man. Gone is Price and Hengen. Thank goodness Moir is still here. Know i'm excited again and i'm sure both Tidball and Crowley will be out to prove to the Blades they made a mistake. Before we get to gung ho on us wasting Saskatoon tomorrow remember they made a blockbuster trade earlier that made them even better. The part i don't get is they traded both tough guys in Haw and Tdball.

Scout

Johnsy05
01-10-2006, 05:27 PM
Never saw that coming. We just got tougher big time. We thought we were weak and Dean fixed it. Tidball, one of the league's bigger goons who will go anyone anytime. Stands 6'1" 212lbs. Came from the Q. where he was a top ten fighter and let his presence be known in the Dub. We got Crowley, a 6'2" 210lb. D-man. Gone is Price and Hengen. Thank goodness Moir is still here. Know i'm excited again and i'm sure both Tidball and Crowley will be out to prove to the Blades they made a mistake. Before we get to gung ho on us wasting Saskatoon tomorrow remember they made a blockbuster trade earlier that made them even better. The part i don't get is they traded both tough guys in Haw and Tdball.

Scout
I like this trade as price was pretty much Useless i thought hengen still hadn't reached his full potential but im sure crowley will do fine... At least now we can play both postma and benke... Speaking of benke this will help him as he will learn to fight from the best.

Scout
01-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Postma and Benke should both get more ice and improve with the playing time. Benke will learn alot from Tidball and they will both learn from Crowley. I wonder if Tidball and Rumsey will have a good chuckle. They didn't care for each other in the past and had a scrap when Saskatoon was here last.+

Scout

2,5,andagame
01-10-2006, 05:49 PM
According to the WHL website we get a 6th rd pick to. Deal just keeps getting better.

SectionNDeserter
01-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Seems like a pretty good deal, overage or not, the Broncos needed some toughness, and Saskatoon can now get the floors of the dressing room redone, now that there won't be anyone dragging their knuckles across it. :)

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-10-2006, 06:58 PM
I think the reason why Tidball and Haw were traded because they did not help the team that much and just took penalties,Haw did not use his size or his toughness and the I think the fans in Saskatoon were angry/dissapointed at Haw and maybe Tidball becase they were not playing well I hope this trade helps the Broncos out. I am glad that they got rid of Haw,and maybe getting rid of Tidball was a good idea or maybe not. I hope Crowley continues to play well for the Broncos,he played very well for the Blades. I hope the Blades new players can do well in Saskatoon.

Toswammi
01-10-2006, 07:35 PM
It really isn't a suprise that we aquired a...well a goon, but to get Tidball. I have no idea what to figure. This year i have hated this player and on many occasions called him a no talent assclown and what not. But i also realize that maybe, nah definately we will see some fights in swift, and yes, an excellent opportunity for the boys in Sect. L to bring out a whos your daddy chant.

Flathead
01-10-2006, 08:58 PM
The toughness was definetly needed and hopefully it will open up some ice for the forwards to start putting up some points. And a good scrap can really get the rest of the team going.
On the other hand we are a team that has problems scoring and we just gave up our top two offensive dmen. Price was 8th and Hengen was 9th on the team. Price wasn't always noticed on the ice but that's not always a bad thing. Hengen needed a change in scenery, the last few games his play was going downhill.
Guess we will see how it works out tommorrow night. Hope it works for everyone involved in the trade.
Thanks to Dean and Eldon for keeping Hunter and Moir!
Schulz is now a Blade. hee hee hee. he was pretty dirty his last game here, hope someone gives him a licken.

ointhecreek
01-10-2006, 09:30 PM
On the other hand we are a team that has problems scoring and we just gave up our top two offensive dmen. Price was 8th and Hengen was 9th on the team. Price wasn't always noticed on the ice but that's not always a bad thing. Hengen needed a change in scenery, the last few games his play was going downhill.
I'm not sure I would call either of them an offensive Dman. Price was more of a stay at home d man with a -18 +/-. Not very good. Even Tidball is only a -13. And I think Hengen's play has been going down hill for more then a few games. Maybe the change will do him good.

Flathead
01-10-2006, 09:37 PM
I'm not sure I would call either of them an offensive Dman. Price was more of a stay at home d man with a -18 +/-. Not very good. Even Tidball is only a -13. And I think Hengen's play has been going down hill for more then a few games. Maybe the change will do him good.
Your right Hengen being more offensive than Price, not sure where Price got those points and that -18 +/-, ouch! Maybe hengens play has been going down longer, but the last few were very noticeable! hope the changes do us well!

Offsider
01-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Moir should not have anybody in his face anymore .I think We now have the toughtness to let him see more shots . at the other end Tidball will bang and crash to create more scoring chances . I say Good trade .Also good to see Joe Logan with the Blades I would think there power play will become very good by adding him to the blue line

Johnsy05
01-11-2006, 05:57 AM
Your right Hengen being more offensive than Price, not sure where Price got those points and that -18 +/-, ouch! Maybe hengens play has been going down longer, but the last few were very noticeable! hope the changes do us well!
I agree but i just don't think hengen has reached his offensive potential with the bronco's yet hopefully he does real well in saskatoon and imo price's play was garbage for a 20 year old d-man.

hockey4
01-11-2006, 02:19 PM
in case u guys didnt realize, Tidball was the worst plus/minus in saskatoon, and crowley, was minus one, on a team thathad barely any minuses. So i could see how crowley was a good acqusition, i cant say the same about Tidball. You guys have no stars to protect, so hes just gonna take instigator penalties so he can say he fought. Most teams arent going to have there goons clocking many minutes this time of year. So all in all i say tidball is useless.

ointhecreek
01-11-2006, 04:06 PM
in case u guys didnt realize, Tidball was the worst plus/minus in saskatoon, and crowley, was minus one, on a team thathad barely any minuses. So i could see how crowley was a good acqusition, i cant say the same about Tidball. You guys have no stars to protect, so hes just gonna take instigator penalties so he can say he fought. Most teams arent going to have there goons clocking many minutes this time of year. So all in all i say tidball is useless.
Tidball is -13, and Price is -18 so I'd say we are gaining in that category. As far as stars go, thats a matter of opinion. In my opinion we have Lukacevic, Hunter, and soon to be stars Bortis, Nelson and Postma who have been pushed around all year. I think the Tidball factor will come in handy in clearing the front of the net for Moir, who in my opinion is an underated star on this team.

In the crowd
01-11-2006, 04:58 PM
Tidball is -13, and Price is -18 so I'd say we are gaining in that category. As far as stars go, thats a matter of opinion. In my opinion we have Lukacevic, Hunter, and soon to be stars Bortis, Nelson and Postma who have been pushed around all year. I think the Tidball factor will come in handy in clearing the front of the net for Moir, who in my opinion is an underated star on this team.

Tidball is coming from a team that is +14, Price was on a team that was -45. I don't think your gaining anything in that catagory. I'm sure Price's +/- are gonna get substantially better than Tidball's.

ointhecreek
01-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Tidball is coming from a team that is +14, Price was on a team that was -45. I don't think your gaining anything in that catagory. I'm sure Price's +/- are gonna get substantially better than Tidball's.
Watching him play all season, I doubt it. I know S'toon fans and Tidball haters want to think they pulled one over on the Broncos, but I really don't see it. Looks pretty even to me.