PDA

View Full Version : TIDBALL to Swift?

Wildeyes
01-10-2006, 04:38 PM
swift is getting ready for the chant Tidball is a bronc first game is against s'toon

Triton
01-10-2006, 04:41 PM
Tidball and Crowley to S.C for Hengen and Price.Also the Blades will announce they have also added Brennan Zasitko from Everett.

Wildeyes
01-10-2006, 04:45 PM
wow he must have not liked his chances winning if he is trading his whole team. Any Chemisty? not likely

Lefty
01-10-2006, 05:02 PM
Molleken, like many of us Blades fans did not like the teams defense. The only defensemen left from the opening day roster are Ward and Funk (the two rookies). The forwards have been more or less untouched with the exception of dealing Tidball and adding Klassen.

westbeach55
01-10-2006, 05:04 PM
tidball was brutal anyways not much of a loss, with him and haw gone the blades are alot better off

ointhecreek
01-10-2006, 05:21 PM
tidball was brutal anyways not much of a loss, with him and haw gone the blades are alot better off
I wouldn't say that. Price, although not a real terrible player, hasn't done a whole lot in Swift. Maybe a change in scenery will do him good. As far as Hengen goes, he has a lot of trouble clearing the puck out of his own end and gives up way to many scoring chances to the opposition. I'm kind of glad these to are gone. Although I hated Tidball, it's better to have him on our team, we really could use the toughness! Maybe he can kick Rumsey in the ass and get him going! ;)

Trav
01-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Tidball was useless, kinda hate to see Crowley cuz he was a good d-man but hopefully Hengen will do well here as a 18 yr old and Derek Price I believe will do well here. He did well in Kootenay. Hopefully it doesnt take the new guys long to get familiar with the team, how many are there now? like 8 haha.

rezstyle
01-10-2006, 06:01 PM

You guys got a helluva player in Klassen. He won't be a physical presence, but he ain't afraid to follow his checks. Great hands, good shot, good vision.

How's Haw been and why are you so glad to see him leave? And ditto for Armstrong?

Dwight Schrute
01-10-2006, 06:24 PM
who is stoon gonna try to send out to goon it up ? how tough are they without their lil intimidation factor ? are they gonna call up joseph cook ? cause i cant see them making it through 1 round of the playoffs with out some toughness

saskdevil
01-10-2006, 08:34 PM
who is stoon gonna try to send out to goon it up ? how tough are they without their lil intimidation factor ? are they gonna call up joseph cook ? cause i cant see them making it through 1 round of the playoffs with out some toughness

Cook was released so he's not Blades property anymore, and Tids although a good fighter wasn't allowed to fight by the refs(they knew him by name before he was even here and warned him every chance they got) plus he chose the wrong times to fight. He got most of his PIMs from 10 min misconducts not fighting. The goon factor I think really doesn't apply to the league anymore with the new rules, noone can really put that fear into another team like they used to. The days of Kaminski, are long gone and that sux. I yearn for the days where a guy would get into a couple of fights and still score a couple of goals in the same game. That's the hockey we should be seeing played

my 2 cents
thanx

Dwight Schrute
01-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Cook was released so he's not Blades property anymore, and Tids although a good fighter wasn't allowed to fight by the refs(they knew him by name before he was even here and warned him every chance they got) plus he chose the wrong times to fight. He got most of his PIMs from 10 min misconducts not fighting. The goon factor I think really doesn't apply to the league anymore with the new rules, noone can really put that fear into another team like they used to. The days of Kaminski, are long gone and that sux. I yearn for the days where a guy would get into a couple of fights and still score a couple of goals in the same game. That's the hockey we should be seeing played :thumb:

my 2 cents
thanx

yeah i miss the days when youd see a lot of guys with 50 goals 100 points 200 pim you dont see that anymore. its been a long time since i seen a guy get a gordie howe hat trick