PDA

View Full Version : Not Exactly Hockey But...

Marsellus Wallace
01-10-2006, 05:16 PM
Hey everyone, I'm new to all this, and it has absolutely nothing to do with hockey, but I think it is of interest to local sports fans. Given the interest in how the SC Indians baseball team did in the playoffs last year, some might find it interesting to note that the Calgary Dawgs baseball team folded today. Sucks, because next to Broncos hockey I totally love going to baseball games. Too bad, hope other teams don't pack it in.

The_Vulk
01-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Does not Calgary have (had) two minor league baseball teams?

The dawgs and the vipers?

Toswammi
01-10-2006, 07:38 PM
No suprise, this league is having a hell of a time sustaining itself outside of a few markets, Swift being one. It seems like every year they add and subtract teams....oh well in the end it aint going to change much. Swift will still be competitive, i will probably still have a distain for half the team, and oh yeah lets not forget that MJ will still be fighting Regina, if they haven't folded yet for last.

Willis on the Welfare
01-10-2006, 08:20 PM
It's too bad about the Dawgs. The 2006 season will see some changes.

Swift Current will still be in the league and will repeat as champs.

Regina will be back and should be strong

Moose Jaw is up in the air

Yorkton just put more than $100,000 into their park, they're safe

Saskatoon is a question mark

Weyburn just hired a new coach

I would think Melville will be back

In the west:

Lethbridge is a strong stable franchise

Med Hat should be on solid ground after a strong playoff run

Wouldn't be surprised to see Edmonton die

Red Deer is moving to Lacombe

We may see some division re-structuring. With Calgary out and Edmonton on life support that puts Lacombe in the middle of nowhere and teams are having trouble with travel expenses.

ofhdhdy
01-10-2006, 09:18 PM
Is this the league with the Saskatoon Yellowjackets? If not, which league is it?

Willis on the Welfare
01-11-2006, 10:19 AM
The Saskatoon Yellowjackets are part of the league. They always have a very competitive team loaded with talent but never get great crowds. On paper I thought Saskatoon may have had the best team in the league. Todd Plaxton is a hell of a coach.