PDA

View Full Version : Pats stay pat...

Fight Guy
01-10-2006, 06:17 PM
But Parker had some words for the way Hanzal and his agent have been handling what he does and where he plays. Look for the WHL to be fining Parker. Some of the things enclude Parker saying they can sit in Prague on their fat asses, and somehting about Parker not wanting to get out the vasaline and bend over and take it in the ass...though I guess he said sphinctor. I think it may be possible that there were some good opertunities that didnt suit Hanzal's list of teams to play with...which apperantly was only three. He and his agent should really think about whats best rather than thinking you get to play where you want.

Either way, the Pats obviously liked where they are right now, and will keep their team. the way it is.

Number_4
01-10-2006, 11:08 PM
I for one was waiting to see if they would actually be able to move Hanzal. I just dont think any player is special enough to be able to say where they are playing. Im sure the best offers came from teams that Hanzal didnt approve. I would kill for the list of three teams (I can guess, but its not the same). It does not surprise me at all that Parker doesnt have anything nice to say. Its not exactly his style to sugarcoat things. Another thought I had with the whole situation is that he has said that he would not report to the Pats. What would happen if he would change his mind and not report to his new team? I mean, not too many people would take that risk. In my mind, its just not worth it.

I am surprised tho, that he didnt make any trades at all. We needed a more consistant goaltender, but my thinking is that teams were just asking too much, and with the Pats, that would mean the future again. Im actually happy Parker stayed put because instead of my complaining about how he always trades away the few good players we have (either on our roster or developing), I'm sitting here silently. Scary. Very scary... lol

nivek_wahs
01-11-2006, 04:01 AM
-According to today's Leader-Post the 3 teams of Hanzal's choice were...
Red Deer Rebels
Kamloops Blazers
Vancouver Giants

Another quote from Brent to go along woth the Czech Division 9 and the Vaseline/sphincter quotes (also from today's LP)

"We could have just gone out and got something for him but we were backed into a corner... These guys who think they can dictate where players play, to hell with all of them."

I couldn't agree more.

-I too am happy with the state of the Pats. It would have been nice to add another veteran d-man but the team as is; is okay and the chemistry they have is incredible (considering the last 2 or 3 years, so many bad times with certain players). Hopefully they can pull it together on the road and hopefully surprise a few teams in future. All I can say is this year is 100% better than last and way more fun to watch (except for Sunday's snoozer of a game).

Kevin

witness
01-11-2006, 08:58 AM
Realistically, there was very little movement at the trade deadline. There is not one team that is truely out of it. PA sits one point out of a playoff spot. Most likely the GMs were asking for players off the roster, rather than prospects and draft picks.
The Hanzel situation just brought on another of Parkers temper tantrums. Yes, he was limited by Hanzel's choices for teams (whether that is right or wrong), but here was a carrot he didn't have a month ago. Stock pile a couple of draft picks. That is always good trade bait for the furture. Part of me says 'good on you, and Hanzel can sit', the other part says 'quit putting your ego in front of the team'.

Bran
01-11-2006, 10:57 PM
Part of me says 'good on you, and Hanzel can sit', the other part says 'quit putting your ego in front of the team'.
Parker has a bad habit of doing that...I agree with you, on some level it serves him right, but then, is it worth making your team suffer? And I feel bad for the kid too, because he's not going to go anywhere without a serious attitude change and his agent is going to relegate him to some beer league. This guy is ruining his chances of having a decent career and he can't even see that.

I'm curious to know how they came about that list though. Kamloops? Seriously?? Maybe they should have traded Hanzal for Dubnyk, straight up. Or thrown Reekie in there. Everybody would be happy.

Dwight Schrute
01-12-2006, 11:33 AM
how does regina retain hanzels rights ? i thought you could only have 2 euros on your 50 player protected list ? dont they already have tolpeko and kalus ? so how do they retain hanzels rights ?

Sabes
01-12-2006, 09:20 PM
how does regina retain hanzels rights ? i thought you could only have 2 euros on your 50 player protected list ? dont they already have tolpeko and kalus ? so how do they retain hanzels rights ?
Same way Med hat keeps Andrei Kastitsyn. They put them on the suspended list.

Dwight Schrute
01-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Same way Med hat keeps Andrei Kastitsyn. They put them on the suspended list.
ahh i see thanks, it makes sense now.

wango tango
01-13-2006, 03:43 PM
The Hanzel situation just brought on another of Parkers temper tantrums. Yes, he was limited by Hanzel's choices for teams (whether that is right or wrong), but here was a carrot he didn't have a month ago. Stock pile a couple of draft picks. That is always good trade bait for the furture. Part of me says 'good on you, and Hanzel can sit', the other part says 'quit putting your ego in front of the team'.

parker was dealing from weakness and the other gm's knew it. not only a short list of desired destinations, but also because hanzel had a bad wjhc.

witness you're right here was an asset the pats didn't have before and instead of turning it into something, anything... all we get is parker posturing to the detriment of the team.