PDA

View Full Version : Trade Deadline Winners and Losers

Hitmen1
01-11-2006, 07:50 AM
Thought it would be interesting to get some views on who won at the deadline and who lost. Maybe comment on your team deadline day if you team made a deal or 2.

Winner-Saskatoon is a clear winner imo, clearly trying to go for it all right now. Chemistry maybe an issue.

Wiiner-Prince Albert, I think its great that they held on to Chipchura among others. Playoff games a very crucial to those small markets in Sask.

I can't think of a deadline loser off the top of my head.

As for the Hitmen, I think its an average deadline day by Kisio, he picked up LeBlanc, who will help, but the question will still remain is there enough scoring to go deep into the playoffs.

HAF
01-11-2006, 06:05 PM
The only deadline loser I can really see is Spokane. Long term I think they did alright but in my opinion they traded themselves right out of any playoff hopes for this year.

LifelongChiefsFan
01-11-2006, 07:33 PM
The only deadline loser I can really see is Spokane. Long term I think they did alright but in my opinion they traded themselves right out of any playoff hopes for this year.

Definitely Spokane, they are going to drop off quick, unless Stehr and Armstrong have GAA's in the 1 (which is next to impossible)

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-11-2006, 09:13 PM
I knew that the Blades where wanting to upgrade the defence,but I kinda also knew that they would add a 20 year old player,I did not think that they would deal a goalie,that being a 17 year old goalie Kevin Armstrong(I thought he was going to be a great goalie for the Blades) I think now that the Blades have aquired 4 new defencemen,1 experienced goalie,and 2 forwards the team will play better. I did see the trade with Swift Current trade to be somewhat of a surprize,because with the Spokane/Blades 6 player deal being made,I thought that would be the only deal that would have been made,but obviously not.

Well at least the new Blades players,(except for 1) have someone that they know from their former team,so they are not all alone on a new team,I think these deals involved more than 1 player,so the chemistry with the team does not all disappear,even though the Blades traded away 6 players.

Who I thought trade deadline winner was:Saskatoon Blades(they got some very skilled players(that I have yet to see,but I am very excited though),and did not give up too much(except youth,and some Draft Picks)

who I thought the trade deadline looser was:Spokane(they gave up 4 veteran players,but they also got a good goalie,and a tall veteran defencemen)

Flathead
01-11-2006, 10:40 PM
I knew that the Blades where wanting to upgrade the defence,but I kinda also knew that they would add a 20 year old player,I did not think that they would deal a goalie,that being a 17 year old goalie Kevin Armstrong(I thought he was going to be a great goalie for the Blades) I think now that the Blades have aquired 4 new defencemen,1 experienced goalie,and 2 forwards the team will play better. I did see the trade with Swift Current trade to be somewhat of a surprize,because with the Spokane/Blades 6 player deal being made,I thought that would be the only deal that would have been made,but obviously not.

Well at least the new Blades players,(except for 1) have someone that they know from their former team,so they are not all alone on a new team,I think these deals involved more than 1 player,so the chemistry with the team does not all disappear,even though the Blades traded away 6 players.

Who I thought trade deadline winner was:Saskatoon Blades(they got some very skilled players(that I have yet to see,but I am very excited though),and did not give up too much(except youth,and some Draft Picks)

who I thought the trade deadline looser was:Spokane(they gave up 4 veteran players,but they also got a good goalie,and a tall veteran defencemen)
Your defense is weak, and got pushed around a lot tonight by a team that's not supposed to be any good. IMO, having Schulz and Hengen on the same team is going to be a disaster. Those two gave up the puck more than any Broncos dman I can remember in a long time. Schulz is a good sized kid, but plays like he's carrying a dozen eggs in his jock. hengen is very talented and may turn his game around, a trade is possibly what he needed.

Billy Blade
01-12-2006, 10:18 AM
The kids from Spokane drove all the way in after the trade was made to get to Swift Current basically in time for the game. After throwing all of those players together like that without even introductions never mind any preparation, it's amazing they pulled off a win on the road no less even if it was against the Broncos. I'm going to reserve my judgement on how they look after the coaching staff has a little time to find the combinations that work and get everyone on the same page.