PDA

View Full Version : Did Hamilton do enough?

Jovorock
01-11-2006, 08:31 AM
Did Bruce Hamilton do enough, basically all he did was let go Coutour. Is this team a Memorial Cup contender.

Goaltending is no problem. Yeomans or Westblom can they shoulder the load?

Defense is strong for top four, young overall for seven defense. Can Scheen and Dowzak continue into the playoffs playing like they are beyond their years.

Going into a Memorial Cup run with only two twenty year olds, is that good?

Squig
01-11-2006, 10:06 AM
Bruce has been very consistant in the past three or four years - he chooses to develop from within. Not giving up the Comeau's and the Cards when we had a chance to go on a run has paid dividends for the Rockets. This year was no different - the price for high end talent was high end talent - so why do it?

This is the first time of the year that we have had a chance to field a full roster with all the guns in action. Spurgeon and Darzins will be back into last years form shortly. Comeau and Keller will lead the way offensively with lots of support from a very strong third and fourth lines. As was last year third line scoring will be key in winning.

I wouldnt have minded shoring up the D a bit but i am not sure i would be happy with what we would have had to give up.

Most people think we will pay a price by not trading away some 19's this year - its true we will. But i remember a year not that long ago we had 10 19's and we won the Memorial Cup the next year. Read into it what you like but I think we will finish stong this year and battle for the league title.

Go Rockets Go!!

Jovorock
01-11-2006, 02:39 PM
I agree with you Squig, I know Bruce tried to land a 5 or 6 d-man to play with Scheen, but couldn't upgrade on Reinholt or Joe.

All I am saying if we get one injury like the Memorial Cup year when we had to bring Thiessen in. Couture is better than Thiessen was. But we always have a ace up our sleeve in Bauer. When he goes back from the forward he doesn't look out of place. but when he comes back that leaves his crash and banging out of the team game.

We are very loaded up front and goal, as long as Truitt gets Westblom more games we'll be fine.

J23
01-11-2006, 05:32 PM
We are very loaded up front and goal.
Would like to have added another defensemen, but Hamilton has proven that he knows what he's doing. Good luck to the boys for the rest of the season... here's hoping that we make another run at the Memorial Cup! :thumb: