PDA

View Full Version : Price/Hengen

Scout
01-11-2006, 09:35 AM
Heres what you are getting in Price and Hengen. Price is a 20 year-old we picked up at the beginning of the year from Cranbrook. He is a stay at home defencman who will help any younger players you have on D. He is not tough and is 6'1" 200+ lbs. Clears the puck out and doesn't panic. Will take a hit instead of giving up the puck. Seems to sometimes forget about the player in front of the net.

Hengen is 18 who has loads of potential. Never really got it going in Swift. Likes to try and rush with the puck and has a good shot but doesn't use it enough. Would rather pass to the other D-man. Has problems clearing the puck out of our zone and tries to be to fancy and gets caught. Could turn it on with a change in scenery. Has loads of potential. Once again is not tough.

Scout

wango tango
01-12-2006, 01:13 PM
Price is a 20 year-old we picked up at the beginning of the year from Cranbrook. He is a stay at home defencman who will help any younger players you have on D. He is not tough and is 6'1" 200+ lbs. Clears the puck out and doesn't panic. Will take a hit instead of giving up the puck. Seems to sometimes forget about the player in front of the net.

as long as he makes the smart play out of his zone under a tight forecheck than he is a step above haw and i'd consider it an upgrade.

Hengen is 18 who has loads of potential. Never really got it going in Swift. Likes to try and rush with the puck and has a good shot but doesn't use it enough. Would rather pass to the other D-man. Has problems clearing the puck out of our zone and tries to be to fancy and gets caught. Could turn it on with a change in scenery. Has loads of potential. Once again is not tough.

hengen is probably the biggest work in progress out of the four guys we picked up at the deadline. if he's able to skate and coachable the rest will work out i'm sure.

i look at the four guys we picked up on defence: logan, shultz, hengen, and price as improvements over what they replace. as long as they play within themselves, are fairly capable with the first pass, and can handle the tight checking then the blades have definately moved in the right direction without sacrificing much future.

transplantedbronco
01-12-2006, 06:42 PM
sorry to tell you guys but you lost on this one. You ended up with 3 of the weakest defensemen I have seen play. All can skate when they want to but never hit their opponents.

In the crowd
01-12-2006, 07:15 PM
I wouldn't be worried bout Price. All the Bronco posters are making him look worse than he is. I haven't heard one thing said about him all year, not one. As soon as he gets traded they look at his +/- and oh, he's a useless plug. When he played for the Ice, he was a dependable top 4 guy. He's not flashy, but he gets the job done. From what I've seen of Tidball I would say you won this trade. Maybe both teams won this trade.

wango tango
01-13-2006, 07:39 AM
sorry to tell you guys but you lost on this one. You ended up with 3 of the weakest defensemen I have seen play. All can skate when they want to but never hit their opponents.

time will tell i guess. i'm not worried about their physical play, i want to see how they do under tight checking or a strong fore check. where crowley, haw, and knudsen were all lacking was in their ability to deal with moving the puck out of their own end under pressure.

if schulz, logan, and price make good decisions coming out of their end then the blades have been improved over what was there before.

hengen sounds like a work in progress with potential to become a solid d man.