PDA

View Full Version : We are still better than Saskatoon.

Hatguy
01-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Saskatoon has nothing on us, although they made some nice trades, we still have a potent offence. I believe Leslie is a huge upgrade over Lepp. (Lepp was awful) We may have lost Henry, but Hansen seems like a D-man that can put up decent numbers and stay out of the box, I hope he can hit.

Obviously two very good offences, this is how they match up:
Saskatoon
Setoguchi- 59 points (41 games)
Klassen- 44 points (41 games)
Bader- 41 points (43 games)
Rabbit/Barnes- 37 points

Moose Jaw
Brouwer- 59 points (41 games)
Boyd- 49 points (33 games)
Mcardle- 42 points (41 games)
Jones- 42 points (41 games)
Svensson- 31 points (36 games)

SectionNDeserter
01-11-2006, 10:43 PM
I believe Leslie is a huge upgrade over Lepp. (Lepp was awful) The only thing that Leslie is a huge upgrade over, is having an empty net. Hansen could be a better defenseman than Henry, at least defensively, but there is no possible way that there is a worse goalie in this league, or any major junior league than Leslie.

Broncs in RD
01-11-2006, 10:50 PM
They have nothing on you guys. How about 1st place, a goaltender and defense and a pretty good offence as well. Warriors got ?????? Offense. Playoffs you need a goalie and defense.

WHEATMAN
01-11-2006, 10:54 PM
They have nothing on you guys. How about 1st place, a goaltender and defense and a pretty good offence as well. Warriors got ?????? Offense. Playoffs you need a goalie and defense.

that depends. last year the wheat kings rode there offence the whole time with a rookie goalie who played ok, if you have that potent of an offence you can get away with a average goalie/ mediocre defence

ofhdhdy
01-12-2006, 12:19 AM
Saskatoon has nothing on us, although they made some nice trades, we still have a potent offence. I believe Leslie is a huge upgrade over Lepp. (Lepp was awful) We may have lost Henry, but Hansen seems like a D-man that can put up decent numbers and stay out of the box, I hope he can hit.

Obviously two very good offences, this is how they match up:
Saskatoon
Setoguchi- 59 points (41 games)
Klassen- 44 points (41 games)
Bader- 41 points (43 games)
Rabbit/Barnes- 37 points

Moose Jaw
Brouwer- 59 points (41 games)
Boyd- 49 points (33 games)
Mcardle- 42 points (41 games)
Jones- 42 points (41 games)
Svensson- 31 points (36 games)

Also Bahensky has something like 36 points so he has more then Svensson. Also our goalie is definately better and our defence to so i dont see how your better.......

Billy Blade
01-12-2006, 10:13 AM
As soon as the going gets tough Svensson disappears. The Blades were all about offense and no defense last season and you saw how far it got them against PA who played a responsible defensive-oriented game. The only thing I can see with the Warriors vs. the Blades is the mental edge that Moose Jaw seemed to have on them. That may change now though with the new players coming in. Only time will tell.

Hatguy
01-12-2006, 04:17 PM
You can't say you're better than the Warriors untill you beat us in the season series and when and if we meet in the playoffs. My point here is we have two similar teams. In 4 meetings the Warriors have outscored the Blades 23-11, the upcoming Blades-Warriors matches will be good games. The race for first in the east will be close.

Looking forward to some good hockey down the road, no pun intended.

skinnyhead
01-13-2006, 11:28 PM
I believe when your record with the world champion Kelowna Rockets is 15-13 that your not a very good goalie. Like last year with Dan Ehrman the warriors were wasting a 20 year with Jepp spending most of his time on the bench.