PDA

View Full Version : Leffler, MacDermott

1WHLFan
01-13-2006, 05:45 PM
How are Brett Leffler and Matt MacDermott playing this year? For two first years are they living up to there potential :confused:

Pats11
01-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Well MacDermott hasn't really played much this year but when he has he hasn't been bad, nothing flashy and you don't notice him much out there but maybe that's not a bad thing cause no glaring mistakes come to mind. As for Leffler I've really liked his play at times, again he's hasn't had a whole lot of playing time but when he is there he is always one of the most physical guys on the ice and can deliver some big hits. Give Leffler a year or two and he could become a physical force with his size, MacDermott hasn't played enough to give a good evaluation yet but he looks ok so far.

1WHLFan
01-14-2006, 10:57 PM
That's good to hear both are doing good. Do you think Leffler will ever put up big numbers in the dub or just be a good power forward who grinds it out?

Pats11
01-17-2006, 06:04 PM
I think Leffler could put up some decent numbers and he could certainly fill the power forward role, he has shown flashes of the skill he has but the limited playing time and a couple injuries haven't let him develop much. I think he could develop much like Bernhart has this season but maybe even better, Leffler seems to be more solid physically and stronger on his skates.