PDA

View Full Version : Brett Scheffelmaier

RDRebelsfan
01-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Just to inform you Tiger fans that former D man Brett Scheffekmaier is now patrolling the blue lines for the Bentley Generals of the Chinook Hockey LEague. A Senior AAA team with other former WHLers: Chad Beagle, Kent Beagle, Cam Ondrik, Bryce Wandler, Jared Carli, Lyle Steenbergen, Jason Steenbergen, Devin Francon, Diarmuid Kelly, Ken Richardson, Jared Smyth as well as former Oiler Kelly Buchberger.

We picked him up form Peoria...I guess it wasn't working out for him there and he wasn't getting the ice time.

Tinner
01-14-2006, 04:32 PM
What happened, this guy had top 5 d man on a NHL team when he left the Hat!

RDRebelsfan
01-14-2006, 04:41 PM
that's what I'm wondering too I went to hockeydb.com saw he was drafted 3rd round in 99 then he re-entered it and was drafted 6th round in '01. Maybe his stock just completely dropped out on him or he just crashed and burned in the big leagues. It's nice to have him though that's for sure as I'm sure he'll help out....he's a big guy too.

Tiger Trauma
01-15-2006, 01:17 AM
Scheffelmaier has retired from pro hockey earlier in the year. He has had two bad shoulders..and thoses injuries have kept him from lineup.

I guess he still has a passion for the game...giving up hockey is really hard to do

RDRebelsfan
01-15-2006, 12:41 PM
he's still playing though for our senior aaa team and it's full contact. I heard he wasn't get the ice time or something along those lines in peoria

Tiger Trauma
01-21-2006, 12:56 AM
I guess he still has a passion for the game...giving up hockey is really hard to do

I ment after the AHL he couldnt just quit hockey, he had to come back playing in some league or another..cause he liked it too much. Maybe at the senoir AAA level there is a little less pressure on his shoulders?

RDRebelsfan
01-22-2006, 08:02 PM
not entirely...it's still full contact.

Tinner
01-23-2006, 04:39 PM
I ment after the AHL he couldnt just quit hockey, he had to come back playing in some league or another..cause he liked it too much. Maybe at the senoir AAA level there is a little less pressure on his shoulders?

rdrebelsfan.......i think the pressure referred to is more to do with the ability to perform at a high level game in and game out.

RDRebelsfan
01-26-2006, 09:57 PM
rdrebelsfan.......i think the pressure referred to is more to do with the ability to perform at a high level game in and game out.

have you watched AAA Senior before?