PDA

View Full Version : ICE host the Hitmen. get it going strong ICE!!

fightstrap50
01-14-2006, 06:44 PM
This is the third meeting in the last couple weeks between the Ice and Hitmen, the Ice winning at home 1 to 0, and the Hitmen winning at home 5 to 3. Keep the trend going tonight Ice and push past the big Calgary club with your speed and cycle work along the boards. Last nights game in Kamloops must have felt good to win on the road as well as within our own division so look to see the Ice come in confident and hungry for the two point game!
I'll be cheering loud tonight guys and I'm hoping a good crowd will show up to back your efforts. Let us lucky fans see another great game and go for a win. :thumb:

GO ICE GO!!!

Kassian
01-15-2006, 12:50 PM
Who did Dalyn Flatt jump against Calgary? I noticed in the box score he was the only player to receive a fighting major.

Chipper
01-15-2006, 01:15 PM
Who did Dalyn Flatt jump against Calgary? I noticed in the box score he was the only player to receive a fighting major.
The funny thing is that Flatt was only holding on and never even threw a good punch...but he was given the instigater penalty :burningma I don't think the Ice have given him the green light to fight yet. He must still have a problem with his thumb. This game was an embarasement for the league to have to watch reffing like that! what a joke. The worst I have seen this year. I am not making excuses for loosing, the Hitman deserved the win no question but horible reffing :confused:

Kassian
01-15-2006, 01:46 PM
That is pretty weak. I don't blame you for being pissed off.

Either way I still wasn't able to get my question answered. Do you know who he "fought"?

Bomber
01-15-2006, 01:47 PM
After travelling most of the night to get and the Hitties here the night before, I really didn't expect much.
But to have that kind of performance in front of the largest crowd of the season is disapointing on a number of fronts. Schedule makers, let's not do this again if you're trying to sell your product past the 3200 or so regulars in this town. Most of them are teenagers/young adults, not robots. Next year back in the Central you likely won't see this (Kamloops and then back home to play the next night), Lethbridge or Calgary will be the farthest for one of those trips.

Game was clearly a question of defense corps. Calgary's manhandled the Ice forwards most of the night and they couldn't get through. On the other side and tired looking blueline had trouble in their own zone coralling and moving out of their own zone all night.

Blame ref if you want, as most of the 4025 there will, but simple fact is that the club was tired and due for a sub-par outing on home ice, the law of averages will do that. Move on, move past it and focus on another key divisional match-up Wed in Kelowna against a Rocket club that is all-of-a-sudden struggling on home ice. Kootenay will be without Maxwell and Bohunicky (Prospects game - or Maxwell will still be out with a dislocated thumb), a tough prospect considering they missed Maxwell greatly last night.

First place in the Division in paramount in order to possibly miss Vancouver and Everett in the first and second rounds, providing they get that far, but first place will conceivably give them an easier route to the conference final.

Reffing wasn't great last night but it wouldn't have made the difference. The PP was off-kilter all night without Maxwell, as was the face-off circle. Anybody noticed Russell hasn't scored in four games? His linemate, Dale Mahovsky is on an eight-game goalless drought. If the team is going to face a slump or adversity then the time is now, not late Feb or late March.

Bomber
01-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Yeo, but really held on and didn't throw a lot of punches. He went after him after he belly-flopped onto Ryan Russell with the latter on a break away. Replays showed he got the puck first but then still landed on Russell who slid into the boards. Not a penalty shot call but I don't remember being allowed to jump on a player being in the rule book. Flatt stormed in and defended his teammate but didn't through a punch, just wrestled Yeo to the Ice, slamming him a few times. Flatt got the instigator,which incensed the crowd after Yeo got nothing (but the fighting major).

Kassian
01-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Thanks a lot for the help!

Dylan Yeo didn't even get a fighting major according to the box score. Which is why I had to ask that question. Nobody on Calgary got a fighting major or even a minor penalty for that matter.

2 - KTN Flatt, 14:09 - Instigator , 2 min (PP)
2 - KTN Flatt, 14:09 - Major-Fighting , 5 min
2 - KTN Flatt, 14:09 - 10-Minute Misconduct , 10 min

http://whl.ca/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1001493

Bomber
01-15-2006, 04:34 PM
Yeo served a fighting major but the box score doesn't show it.

Kassian
01-15-2006, 05:35 PM
Yeo served a fighting major but the box score doesn't show it.

Oh really? Interesting. I wish the WHL box scores could be more accurate... :(

Rammer
01-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Oh really? Interesting. I wish the WHL box scores could be more accurate... :(

Glad you asked the question, as that also is the timing of the Hitmen's last gaol directly afterwards.

Thanks for the analysis Bomber, I enjoyed the read. Calgary also had to travel overnight on that game though as I recall them playing friday night. Schedule will allow you a couple of games due to travel night offs, now the Ice have to play the ever popular Rockets in Kelowna and need a win in order to keep the Giants in the wings. Glad to see Everette take out the Giants to keep everything in alignment.

wardenofthepen
01-16-2006, 01:03 AM
d yeo was givin a 5 major at the same time a flatt for ice /// calgary didn't play the night before and I beleive they were in cranbrook on thur. night / saw bus

Rammer
01-16-2006, 01:13 PM
d yeo was givin a 5 major at the same time a flatt for ice /// calgary didn't play the night before and I beleive they were in cranbrook on thur. night / saw bus

Yep, you are correct, the Hitmen were lieing in the weeds for us, I guess I mixed the Giant's game with thniking it was the Hitmen.... :spineyes: