PDA

View Full Version : Cunning Trade?

Sammy
02-03-2005, 02:34 PM
call me crazy, but...since the big trade...Cunning has 1 goal for Giants...Kassian has 2 for Loops...Cunning has had big 1st line ice time with Giants...Kassian has had little 3rd/4th with Loops ...Cunning has a few soft PIM & scares nobody...Kassian has a bunch of tough PIM & scares everbody...what are your thoughts?

kelownakarl
02-03-2005, 06:01 PM
You know I have never been that big of a Cunning fan. Even though I am a Rockets fan I respect alot of the players out there, I dont hate anyone.... But Cunning just didn't impress me with his work ethic and his play. Some people on the old white message board used to pump his tires alot saying how good and tough he is.... But he never lived up to those expectations with me. I guess Calgary Flames saw soemthing in him that I have still yet to see... I would take Kassian over Cunning in a heartbeat. Does more for the team even with the little amount of icetime he gets compared to Cunning.

inthebox4five
02-03-2005, 07:25 PM
Kassian was a huge fan favorite in Vancouver. He was a team player, popular in the dressing room, and very entertaining for the fans to watch. He often got standing ovations. LOTS of Giant fans were VERY unhappy with the trade. Kassian is a hard act for Cunning to follow. Cunning would have to be exceptional - or at least make the difference in taking Vancouver to the cup - in order to convince the fans that Bonner did the right thing. The fact that the Giants put Cunning on the first line, and gave him oodles and oodles of ice time, makes it seem obvious that they were expecting a whole lot more out of this guy. They thought they were getting a goal-scoring star that would help them make a run for the cup. But to date, he hasn't produced. Kassian, on the other hand, is finally starting to find the net. The winner in this trade is definitely Kamloops. IMO the Giants are going to regret this trade even more next year when they lose Grant.

Beaner
02-04-2005, 11:56 AM
I think I'm more sick about talking about this trade then the actual trade now.

inthebox4five
02-04-2005, 01:30 PM
You're absolutely right. I shake my head every time I think about this trade... time to stop thinking about it, or I'm gonna get a bad headache. Gotta hope that the Giants can pick themselves up and pull themselves together enough to make it past the first round this year... because next year, Schwarz is gone, Courchaine is gone, Brule might be gone,... Grant will be gone.... damn... I'm shaking my head about the trade again..... :dead:
That's it. Nuff said.