PDA

View Full Version : 2 points!!

Sput
01-15-2006, 01:56 AM
Good job guys! For once this season (or decade) the Cougs are the only BC div. team to win tonight. This is going to make Sunday's game with Medicine Hat real interesting. No real home ice advantage. Both teams coming off the road, and I can't say two hours less on the bus as any real advantage.

Sounded like a great road game by the Cats. 2 PP goals, one short handed. From the radio broadcast it seemed the Blazers started to self destruct late in the second by taking way to many penalties.

4 back of the Rockets. 7 up on the Blazers. I'm not sure any of the bottom three could catch the Ice or Giants without them going on a huge slide. Really, its going to be a shame that a team in the BC div that is close to or over .500 will miss the playoffs, while a team with a much worse record in the US and East is going to make it and has the chance of hitting a hot streak and gets lucky.

Homer
01-15-2006, 12:19 PM
I would feel sorry for the Blazers, but they're the Blazers and you know it's nice for the laughingstock to have a chance to chuckle once in a while too.

That game was so much more than just two points. I remember that around this time last year, the Cats went in to Kamloops really close in the standings (either up or down by a couple of points) and the game meant everything. They proceeded to lose 5 or 6 to nothing and the season was pretty much done. The fact that the Blazers couldn't pull it out until the last weekend of the year says more about the Blazers being bad than the Cougars keeping it close.

This team is starting to show it can pull out some close games, and that they can go with the big dogs in the division. I know you can't get rid of it, but have a look at thier record outside of the 8 game slide.

Should be an excellent game against the Hat tonight. It would really be something if they can hand a loss to a team that just took Vancouver and Kelowna.