PDA

View Full Version : PA vs Red Deer

dusty
01-15-2006, 11:25 PM
Any comments on the game?

Dwight Schrute
01-16-2006, 01:05 AM
Any comments on the game?
i was there it was a good game although cunning got away with some definate penalties. i thought versteeg was a forward how long has he been playing defense ?

Tinner
01-16-2006, 08:47 AM
since they realized that Frere isn't one.....lol......chapman is hurt.

SectionNDeserter
01-16-2006, 09:19 AM
i was there it was a good game although cunning got away with some definate penalties. i thought versteeg was a forward how long has he been playing defense ?They put him back there on the powerplay and other situations, to generate scoring chances for the other team. :confused:

frontrow fan
01-16-2006, 11:13 AM
I have 1 thing to say......I'M SICK OF LOSING!!
ok that's out of my system...
Medicine Hat's coming to town.......maybe we can get a win!!! :D

dusty
01-16-2006, 12:34 PM
It appears Cunning did ok this weekend. Maybe he is starting to fit in. How about our other new players? Any comments?

hockey4
01-16-2006, 01:36 PM
all us fans can do is keep supporting the team. It has to turn around eventually. You cant keep losing by one or two golas and eventually not turn the corner. Just think, we only lose 3 players next year, and one is now likely a backup goalie. it can only get better.

Tinner
01-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Whether we lose 3 or 10 is not what worries me, its the skill level. Doesn't matter if they all come back, talent and skill will determine our fate. Yes, those that do come back will have another years experience and yes, that should equate to a stronger team but as always, the skill level must be there and aside from 3 - 5 guys, I think our skill level is not there.

Shinyshoes
01-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Just think, we only lose 3 players next year, and one is now likely a backup goalie. it can only get better.Lepp is a 20 year old (born in 85), so regardless of what happens, we loose Lepp, Chapman, and Cunning when this season is over.

Our 19 year olds consist of Henry, Vandermeer, and Versteeg, and list player Kirk Irving (G). Assuming The Rebels are Confident enough in Reimer taking the reigns as a full-fledged Starter, then Irving would be the odd man out (I cant figure out why else they would be keeping him on the list.) Leaving us with the other 3 as our 20-year olds next season....looks good for next season, but the 07-08 year is the year we will have trouble picking our over-agers. We currently have 8 '87s on our list, and all of them are currently playing on our team. right now I would find it tough to pick the top 3 out of Gillies, Lamoureux, Mihalik, Petkau, Pieper, Scott, Smith, and Brett Sutter. (although presumably Mihalik and Sutter will may have already moved on to pro ranks by that time.)

SectionNDeserter
01-16-2006, 07:00 PM
right now I would find it tough to pick the top 3 out of Gillies, Lamoureux, Mihalik, Petkau, Pieper, Scott, Smith, and Brett Sutter. (although presumably Mihalik and Sutter will may have already moved on to pro ranks by that time.)I would never prognasticate an import player still being on the team 2 years from now, so you can probably take Mihalik out of the equation, and while Lamoureax fills a role, it is a role that can easily be filled by most players that the Rebels can just list and dress from the AJHL/BCHL/SJHL. That being said, the choice between Petkau, Pieper, Scott, Smith and Sutter would be difficult. Based on this season, I would have to take Sutter, Smith and Petkau. It would be difficult to replace Sutters leadership and work ethic, and Smith has been one of our more consistant performers defensively. I pick Petkau, because there are very few players in this league with the sort of speed he has, and that is something that is tough to replace. Scott so far has proven to be little more than a half-decent penalty killer, so he is rather one-dimensional. I think Pieper is the wild-card here, when he has played, he has shown a lot of hustle, and is a physical presence out there.