PDA

View Full Version : Sportsnet

Tinner
01-16-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm assuming that Sportsnet and their eastern producers think that they can stuff anything they want down our throats. Last night, we were given the privilege of watching a game between 2 QMJHL teams. What the heck is all that about. They have regional networks so we don't have to watch the eastern crap. If you agree, go to the Sportsnet website and "contact us" with an email showing your displeasure.

FELIX17
01-16-2006, 09:38 AM
I have contacted Sportsnet a couple of times to complain about the "blatant favoutism of the East." It's my impression they could care less what we think in the west. Brutal! And if we do get a WHL game, more than likely it will be tapedelayed. Once again, all Sportsnet caters to is the East.

rinkrat
01-16-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm assuming that Sportsnet and their eastern producers think that they can stuff anything they want down our throats. Last night, we were given the privilege of watching a game between 2 QMJHL teams. What the heck is all that about. They have regional networks so we don't have to watch the eastern crap. If you agree, go to the Sportsnet website and "contact us" with an email showing your displeasure.

I don't know about Alta,but they showed Calgary vs Lethbridge last night on Sportsnet Pacific.
Also Shaw is starting to broadcast games now.Starting with Brandon vs Saskatoon on Tues Jan 17(only in Sas/MB)

The_Vulk
01-16-2006, 04:09 PM
It is to SHOWCASE the entire CHL, not just regional games/league.

That is like saying Hockey Night in Canada can only broadcast in the WHL area when a team from the Northwest division is playing from the NHL.

But what I would like, is a little more variety, since it seems some teams from the CHL always gets on the TV (and some multiple times a year), while others have yet to be, even once.

Tinner
01-16-2006, 06:40 PM
The only reason we get a game from the Q is because Sportsnet, or for that matter, any other Canadian network needs to show Canadian produced events. The CBC shows "national" and "regional" games. If thats the scenerio that is suggested to happen, we'd see a QMJHL team playing a Dub team and we know that can't happen. Sportsnet has 5 regional channels to serve its viewers across Canada sporting events that happen in the region. Yes they did show the Hitmen/Hurricane game as a regional game here, but not in the east. Why? because the east doesn't want to watch western teams.

The_Vulk
01-17-2006, 03:45 PM
Yes they did show the Hitmen/Hurricane game as a regional game here, but not in the east. Why? because the east doesn't want to watch western teams.
That, and the fact that we have the better product.

You don't want those easterners envious of us westerners, now do we?