PDA

View Full Version : Hockey cards

In the crowd
01-16-2006, 06:38 PM
I'm just wondering if they have team hockey cards in Saskatoon?

Billy Blade
01-16-2006, 11:57 PM
Yes they do, they are put out annually by the Saskatoon Police Service and usually distributed at Mac's convenience stores, by police officers, and at other participating sponsors.

saskdevil
01-17-2006, 10:03 PM
....as well the complete set is available at the Star Zone merch. store at the rink, but I can't remember what they sell for. $15 comes to mind but I may be wrong about that.

In the crowd
01-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Does anybody know if they will have a set that will include the new players?

GBG BLEED BLUE
03-10-2006, 02:39 PM
Does anybody know if they will have a set that will include the new players?
Yes I think that the new players will be included,I picked up some Derek Price and Brennan Zasitko cards,However on the back of some of the cards it has the McDonalds logo on it,wouldn't that mean that there are cards there? I went to the McDonald's in my neighborhood and they do not have ANY CARDS,wow that is so misleading :mad: ,If I find out that by chance that the McDonalds downtown has cards, I will be very dissapointed. I do not know why they do not sell the cards in full sets at the Blades games,I have never seen the cards there. :confused:

Triton
03-10-2006, 03:47 PM
So you actually have to run all over the city collecting all the Blades player cards?How dumb is that?If the marketing guy or whoever is in charge of merchandise was smart they'd have people purchase the entire deck at the star zone and make a profit of it rather than them being spread all over Saskatoon for free.

Billy Blade
03-11-2006, 11:41 PM
The cards have always been free every since they've been making them. They actually used to get handed out by the city police years ago back when I was a young kid in elementary school. That was great, I remember every time a police officer would be nearby the kids would mob them looking for the latest card as they were released only a couple at a time. The kids were just in awe to be given these cards by the police, and it seemed so special and cool, which was a really good community bonding experience and was so much fun trying to complete the set.

You can still get the full set quite easily at various places around town. One of them is AJW Sports Cards in Confederation Mall, they have all the cards there individually and in sets free of charge. The logos on the back of the cards are just from corporate sponsors, it doesn't mean that the cards are available at those businesses necessarily.

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Are they giving them away for free at that sports card store in Confederation Mall again?

I think it is so dumb I mean they could sell them at the StarZone and make money,that is what every other team.(that has cards does)

I know they might have them at Mac's and other stores(but that is dumb going to every store to get every card and eventually the entire set.

If someone knows if they are at the sports card store in Confederation Mall can you please tell me?

Thanks.

RoundHouse
02-10-2007, 08:11 PM
I thought i saw the cards at the Macs store over by my place..but i thought they were last years...this seasons cards look the exact same ?

Anyone know which store has the Klotz card?i need a few of him...

Tidball
02-11-2007, 01:50 PM
she said they were expecting card sets any day now. Hopefully she actually knew what she was talking about.

GOBLADESGO#3 (among other aliases)
02-12-2007, 05:46 PM
I've been asking but still no cards, meet you at the wednesday game Tidball, look for a guy in a white hat and an old pacman Blades jersey, probebly smelly since I wear it for hockey practise.

Tidball
02-13-2007, 08:30 PM
Cya There!

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-14-2007, 10:39 PM
They are still not at the star Zone yet,If someone knew if they were at the Cardshop in Confed Mall I would just go and get them instead of waiting to see if they will ever arrive at the Blades Store. Sorry for the Mini Rant but I just have to get it off my chest again.

RoundHouse
02-15-2007, 08:05 PM
If you want to know if the shop in Confed has them,why dont you just phone there? :confused:

Tidball
02-16-2007, 12:40 AM
If you want to know if the shop in Confed has them,why dont you just phone there? :confused:

Simple, but good point.

RoundHouse
02-16-2007, 05:06 PM
Ill save you the phone call...i was at the Confed. Mall today and they dont have anything.

GBG BLEED BLUE
02-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Ill save you the phone call...i was at the Confed. Mall today and they dont have anything.

Ya I was kinda thinking that since at the StarZone they said that they will be getting them soon. So now to play the waiting game :spineyes: