PDA

View Full Version : The trades are looking good...

Trav
01-16-2006, 08:13 PM
so far. Saw the guys on Saturday night and was impressed with all of them although i didnt really notice Hengen and Price a whole lot but Schulz and Zasitko I thought stood out. Zasitko looks like he'll be a very nice addition to the team, he seems to have lots of energy. Schulz looks to be quicker then Haw and defended very well. Id take him over Haw any day.

What are ur guys thoughts so far.

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-16-2006, 11:05 PM
so far. Saw the guys on Saturday night and was impressed with all of them although i didnt really notice Hengen and Price a whole lot but Schulz and Zasitko I thought stood out. Zasitko looks like he'll be a very nice addition to the team, he seems to have lots of energy. Schulz looks to be quicker then Haw and defended very well. Id take him over Haw any day.

What are ur guys thoughts so far.
I think the trade is working in the team's favor,it has only been 2 games since the trades though,I did not notice or see Hengen out their alot(maybe it was because I was sitting in the upper bowl) or he is just getting worked into the rotation. The team looks as if they are starting to gel. The Blades did get a good hometown player in Chad Klassen, he looked awesome, I hope that the new goalie,Jim Watt will get the start on Tuesday,but we will have to wait and see. :thumb:

Billy Blade
01-17-2006, 12:02 AM
Jim Watt was scheduled to get the start against Brandon. Not sure if anything has changed with that or not. The Blades still need to get a bunch more practices under their belts together with the new players to get everybody onto the same page. Once everyone knows the system and the role they play within it, the tools are all there.

One point of concern is the amount of time and space the Blades defence seems to give to the opposing forwards. They back off far too often and let them walk into the slot and create offensive zone pressure. Even with the new players they still seemed to be doing it, so either it was just the players not being comfortable within the system yet or the style that is being instructed by the coaching staff. I'd like to see a little more aggressiveness which will keep guys to the outside and force more perimeter shots instead of giving up too many good scoring chances.

wango tango
01-17-2006, 03:28 PM
One point of concern is the amount of time and space the Blades defence seems to give to the opposing forwards. They back off far too often and let them walk into the slot and create offensive zone pressure. Even with the new players they still seemed to be doing it, so either it was just the players not being comfortable within the system yet or the style that is being instructed by the coaching staff. I'd like to see a little more aggressiveness which will keep guys to the outside and force more perimeter shots instead of giving up too many good scoring chances.

i've noticed the gap control sometimes too, i haven't been watching for it as much. next time i'm out i'll have to see. what i did like overall from the new guys was a lot less scrambly play in our own end.

schultz and logan did good things, price was solid not spectacular but doesn't need to be, hengen shows potential.