PDA

View Full Version : ams/tips game delayed

Tipped Off
01-16-2006, 09:18 PM
tri_city bus still not here at 7:15 pm. announced 1 hour delay. warmups have not begun.

LifelongChiefsFan
01-16-2006, 11:10 PM
That's interesting.

I'm glad they delayed the game, but I have a question. I'm not that familiar w/the rulebook, nor do I have time to go read it right now, but does anyone know the rules for forfeitting a game if a team doesn't show up on time? Is there even a rule for that?

Like I said, I'm glad the game is being played, and I don't know the reason for the bus being late, I'm just curious to see if Everett could have taken the easy win. That's pretty classy if they could have but didn't.

HAF
01-16-2006, 11:20 PM
That's interesting.

I'm glad they delayed the game, but I have a question. I'm not that familiar w/the rulebook, nor do I have time to go read it right now, but does anyone know the rules for forfeitting a game if a team doesn't show up on time? Is there even a rule for that?

Like I said, I'm glad the game is being played, and I don't know the reason for the bus being late, I'm just curious to see if Everett could have taken the easy win. That's pretty classy if they could have but didn't.

I'm not sure what the ruling is either, the reason the game was delayed tonight was bad road conditions on Snoqualmie pass. I'd believe it, I drove home from Canada today and it was a little ugly in certain spots.

Tipped Off
01-16-2006, 11:43 PM
the game would be rescheduled if for some reason the ams would have not been able to make it. only if a team refused to take the ice would a forfeit be imposed.

2-1 after 2. both ams goals shorthanded. considering the four players we are missing - mueller, calla, fiala and irving...and the 8-1 loss the ams took last week in evt. i expected a little more fire out of the ams.

Brad
01-17-2006, 01:22 AM
Seems like Everett fans are beating the drum pretty hard about having players out. It happens. We have our captain (Matt Schneider) and one of our more skilled veterans (Shaun Vey) out.

Sounded like a hell of a game tonight. Marks to the Tips for the shootout win and marks to the Americans for getting a point on the road.

Tipped Off
01-17-2006, 09:15 AM
actually it was a pretty bad game by both teams. the tips looked like the year one tips...stay at home, no offense and just don't give up too much. i would have to say that's the worst i've seen them play this year.