PDA

View Full Version : ICE vs Kelowna Rockets. Lets go ICE!!

fightstrap50
01-18-2006, 07:25 PM
Tonights game should be a duzy to listen to or to be at as the Ice visit the Rockets in Kelowna. I wish I could be at this one as this is the first game back in the Rockets barn since last year in the payoffs. The Ice will be looking to improve their road record and they will want to come out hard against the Kelowna squad and get up on them and play with the lead. The Rockets have 4 games in hand on the Ice so this is kind of an important in terms of standings, so come out flying Ice and make it happen for yourselves.

A big 2 point game would really help out the guys confidence on the road. We have a great team here in the Ice when they play at home and they are the exact same team wherever they go and we all know what they can do as a team. Play the 60 minutes ICE and come out with the win! :thumb:

GO ICE GO!!!

icefan
01-18-2006, 10:08 PM
I sure am getting tired of these referees being against the ice. To bad something couldn't be done about it. We might be tied at the moment, but the way Theissan is going, he is making sure that Kelowna wins.

Jovorock
01-19-2006, 08:58 AM
I sure am getting tired of these referees being against the ice. To bad something couldn't be done about it. We might be tied at the moment, but the way Theissan is going, he is making sure that Kelowna wins.
Give me a break, your out shot 46-22, and if not for Dakers the score would of been 10-1. The Ice are very lucky to coem out with a 4-3 loss. The Ref called it fair, even the Kelowna radio guys said the Ice were undisaplined. The Ice were totally out played that they took some dumb penalties.

The old ref is against my team has been done before, it doesn't work. Maybe your team should work harder and take less dumb penalties then maybe the ref will give them a break!

Spungy
01-19-2006, 11:12 AM
unfortunately not seeing the game, we go by what we hear to judge how things were going

that is a horrible shot clock :eek:

better get pulling up our socks i guess eh?

Sealegs
01-19-2006, 11:16 AM
Hard to imagine what the guys are feeling. We are not there but all the penalties called took away the flow of the game for both teams. Yes the ICE has to play more disciplined and I am sure that was mentioned between periods! As for excuses I find this is one team (fans) that never hashes out there frustrations on an open forum board. The guys know they played outside of how they normally do. One thing they have done is played as a team and there is not one player that is not out there for the team :thumb: It is nice this year to hear about all the team and not just one player. I for one am not jumping off of this wagon...because it is going for a long haul!! :groovy:

G0 ~ICE~ GO

Jovorock
01-19-2006, 02:35 PM
It's only two games in a row, sometimes a mini slump brings the team more in check and together. The Ice might be better off after a bad night?

fightstrap50
01-19-2006, 07:26 PM
It's only two games in a row, sometimes a mini slump brings the team more in check and together. The Ice might be better off after a bad night?
we here in Cranbrook know how explosive and hard working this team is, but over the last couple weeks maybe, games just havent gone as planned I think. The ICE can be hard for teams to contain with the speed and scoring touches through 3 and even 4 lines and they just need to start back from the basics and start all contributing again and get the scoring back up there.
Yeah your right though, we have been pretty spoiled at home this year with all the wins and the great team we have. and maybe the guys have a little more over-confidence so a slump could be a good thing now and not in June and May.

Also on the note about the Refs. We have been snake bitten a lot lately by some pretty terrible reffing and watching last night didnt make me feel any differently. Alot of Ice players got hooked, tackled, and hauled down all night and every time we did something even remotly close we got called. Even the announcer was saying how embarrassing last nights game was to WHL officiating. what does that tell you? But like you say, it's only two games. No biggy at all. Get back on the trakcs ICE and go again :thumb:

GO ICE GO!!!

Jovorock
01-20-2006, 08:31 AM
. watching last night didnt make me feel any differently. Alot of Ice players got hooked, tackled, and hauled down all night and every time we did something even remotly close we got called. Even the announcer was saying how embarrassing last nights game was to WHL officiating. GO ICE GO!!!
Maybe your announcers thought it was embarrssing, but I thought it was a typical WHL reffing job. Kelowna radio guys said the Ice were very undisaplined and I agree. I don't know how the Rockets were hooking, tackling, because the Ice were a step behind the Rockets all night? I think your radio guys are a little homerism, because other people I talked to said the Ice deserved more penalties than the Rockets. The Ice were slower and tying to keep up with the Rockets, hope the truth doesn't hurt too much!

Spungy
01-20-2006, 11:35 AM
isn't the webcast usually a local play by play?

Rammer
01-20-2006, 01:13 PM

Unfortunately a 4 - 3 loss doesn't exactly reflect on a poor nights loss, IMHO.

While the ICE have played two teams of high claibre, both can be viewed as games that were difficult to win. The Calgary game was at home after playing in Kamploops the night before, while the Hitmen waited for the Ice to arive, taking away our homeice advantage. The second game was a road trip in a difficult building to win in. Both can be understood for beign losses, yet winning one of the two was more likely the worst the Ice saw coming when they looked at the schedule in advance. Since that isn't the case, I am hoping that this lights a fire under the Ice down the stretch.

Vancouver has slowed down a little as well, and that has helped ease the last two games disappointments.

Now go get'em tonight Ice. :thumb: