PDA

View Full Version : New team

Tinner
01-19-2006, 08:00 AM
with Westside getting a BCJHL transfer team, any word from the Hamiltons on their take regarding this move.

Jovorock
01-19-2006, 08:16 AM
with Westside getting a BCJHL transfer team, any word from the Hamiltons on their take regarding this move.
Bruce Hamilton never endorsed this at all, he was against it from the begginning. I don't know why he was against it, the arena seats 1500 on the Westside so its not much competition to the Rockets. Hamilton owns part the Penticton Knights of the BCHL so I would think it would help his investment with that team having a rival so close. Overall I think it is great for Westside and the BCHL to have this franchise.

Triton
01-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Is the team in Westbank or Kelowna?Do they have a team name yet?

IamBatman
01-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Is the team in Westbank or Kelowna?Do they have a team name yet?

The team is in Westbank, but no name yet. They had a phone in on the radio and some possible names were:

The Packers
The Cherry Pickers

Personally I think they should revive the Spartans!

Triton
01-19-2006, 10:54 AM
The team is in Westbank, but no name yet. They had a phone in on the radio and some possible names were:

The Packers
The Cherry Pickers

Personally I think they should revive the Spartans!

Westbank Warriors?That has a good ring to it.Any other good names that people could throw out there?We should have people pick names and when it's announced see who picked the right name.The name game.

Jovorock
01-19-2006, 02:31 PM
Historical favorites are the Buckaroos and Packers, but look for Westside or Westbank to go with their own name instead of a Kelowna history name. We won't know if Westside will stay as a regional district or join Kelowna, time will tell.

I like the Buckaroos personally!