PDA

View Full Version : Pet peeves

Triton
01-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Got a pet peeve?

langdak
01-19-2006, 03:56 PM
One of my biggest pet peeves (involving sports) is people who attend hockey games, yell and scream.....but have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

I have a clown like that, that sits 3 rows in front at all Giants games, he sits there and bangs on the boards, gets all worked up and doesnt have a clue about hockey. I think the patients of season ticket holders around him (including me) are wearing very thin and its only a matter to time before somebody tell hims to zip it.

Could get very interesting though, he told off a few kids about a month ago because they said 2 words during the national anthem, yet when me, or other adults around me say something during the anthem, just loud enough for him to hear, he never says a word.

Oh well, there are always gonna be goof ball fans like that, hopefully he relocates to a front row seat somewhere else in the building, or in his living room and let us real hockey fans enjoy the game and not have to listen to the garbage coming from his mouth.

That is all :D

WHEATMAN
01-19-2006, 03:59 PM
i hear that, there are a few like that in Brandon, that just drive me crazy

2,5,andagame
01-19-2006, 04:27 PM
Those ones, and the ones that yell and call players by their first name or nickname, but have no clue who the players are. "Come-on Johnny, pass it to Stevie. Oh good play Bobby." You know what I mean and it's non stop for the whole 60 minutes. Couple years ago a team was in town, and in Swift standing is available along the top of the rink, tickets are available but then it's first come first served. I have a season ticket there, along with a couple of buddies a couple spots over. One game they weren't there, and luckily one of these people showed up, she yelled and screamed for the first two periods, then in the 2nd INT, they went down to the lobby, so all the people in the section threw a few loonies together and we paid some kids to stand there.

Toswammi
01-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Biggest peeve at a hockey game. Profanity, i dont mind the odd one slipping out but i remember a game in saskatoon the guy infront of the penalty box was yelling out anything at anyone, heck some of it would make a salour blush. Another one that is smaller is when you are cheering for your team in another barn, and someone gets in your face and tries to run you down, just annoys me. Hey one more stupid numbers ie. #82 (or any other number that is closer to 100) dont know why, it has just alway bothered me.

HAF
01-23-2006, 09:02 PM
People that dont wait till stoppage in play to leave or return to their seats. It never fails, it's usually some drunk idiot who stands up and B.S's with his buddies for the entire stop in play and then as soon as they drop the puck decides to make his way to the aisle(usually right in front of me or in my row), once in the aisle he has to yell over at his buddies because he forgot what kind of beer his buddy wants. Upon his return, he stands in the aisle for the entire next stop in play and talks to someone he might know that is sitting in an aisle seat. Then as they drop the puck he has to make his way back past me (once again in my row) staggering past and sloshing beer all over my wife and son in his drunken journey back to his seat.
My other pet peave are the section leaders standing at the entrances who do nothing about this!!!

LifelongChiefsFan
01-23-2006, 09:26 PM
Tim Speltz

Dwight Schrute
02-09-2006, 11:49 PM
donn clark

SectionNDeserter
02-10-2006, 10:23 AM
Face painters.

Triton
02-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Rocks in my sandals,and senior drivers.

westbeach55
02-10-2006, 10:36 AM
people that try to live out there dreams through there kids
and people that play rec hockey and think its the stanley cup

Dwight Schrute
02-12-2006, 05:26 PM
when you decide your gonna go for it and run the amber light ...... then the ********* in front of you decides he not gonna !

Fight Guy
02-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Can't stand bad drivers...but theres alot I could list off.

My friend on the other hand...his pet peeve is the term 'pet peeve'.:laugh:

Number_4
02-12-2006, 07:54 PM
late people. my mom. that chick at the bottom of section R at Pats games. Cell phones ringing in class.

amisk
02-12-2006, 08:41 PM
TAILGATERS>TAILGATERS :burningma

Big Daddy
02-13-2006, 12:32 PM
5 hour rounds of golf.

Flathead
02-13-2006, 09:30 PM
people that litter, if someone is in my vehicle and they throw something out the window, I go back and make them pick it up. Honestly how hard is it to wait until you get to a garbage can. Drives my nuts and it's so dirty and such an eye sore.

nivek_wahs
02-14-2006, 05:56 AM
Itches that cannot be reached.

:groovy: (scratching an itch that could not be reached) ;)

WHEATMAN
02-14-2006, 09:17 PM
when people take nothing seriously

nivek_wahs
02-15-2006, 02:19 AM
When people talk about something they absolutely know nothing about, and try to make it sound as if they are an expert (there are a lot of people like that sitting behind me at Pats games).

langdak
02-15-2006, 12:19 PM
When people talk about something they absolutely know nothing about, and try to make it sound as if they are an expert (there are a lot of people like that sitting behind me at Pats games).

Come on out to Vancouver

Giants games arent too bad.........but sit through a canucks game...........yikes is all i have to say

Hockey101
02-15-2006, 03:41 PM
HOW ABOUT PEOPLE THAT LEAVE RIGHT AFTER THE 50/50 OR WHEN THERE IS ABOUT 30 SECONDS LEFT AND THE WHISTLE GOES AND THEY THINK IT IS TIME TO LEAVE,WHEN OTHERS THAT PAY THERE MONEY TO WATCH THE WHOLE GAME.(IN RED DEER LAST NIGHT 30SECONDS LEFT EVERYONE STARTS LEAVING AND THE FANS THAT STAYED HAD TO STAND AND WATCH :o OR PEOPLE THAT WHEN YOU ARE LEAVING IN THERE CARS NEED TO BY PASS EVERYONE AND TRY AND EDGE THERE WAY IN LIKE THE 10 SECONDS IT TOOK TO GET BY EVERYONE AND THEN GET THERE AND NO ONE LETS YOU IN AND YOU SIT FOR 5 MINUTES WELL WORTH IT RIGHT??????? :bounce:

rinkrat
02-15-2006, 05:59 PM
Come on out to Vancouver

Giants games arent too bad.........but sit through a canucks game...........yikes is all i have to say

Canucks game? What did you win the lottery? :skeptical

langdak
02-15-2006, 06:36 PM
Canucks game? What did you win the lottery? :skeptical

Yup...............twice...lol

Free tickets come in really handy, as i refuse to pay their absurd prices for lacklustre hockey half the time

Triton
02-15-2006, 06:44 PM
Yup...............twice...lol

Free tickets come in really handy, as i refuse to pay their absurd prices for lacklustre hockey half the time

How much are their tickets?

langdak
02-15-2006, 11:38 PM
How much are their tickets?

If you can manage to pull a miracle and somehow score them through ticketmaster at the start of the season they range in price from about 30 bucks to 130 bucks

but since there are VERY limited numbers of tickets available at the start of the year, you have to pay scalper prices or buy them off season ticket holders and prices will go upwards of 300 bucks a seat

like i said, its absurd for the prices to watch the guys who decide they wanna play on any given night

i will stick with my Giants season tickets anyday, at least i know i am watching 100% effort 98% of the time

nivek_wahs
02-22-2006, 05:30 AM
A new pet peeve... the guy that sits the row behind me and a few seats to my right... Whenever there is a call against the Pats legit or not he starts to yell "BUS DRIVER" everytime the ref skates in our vicinity. I thought it was funny the first time he said it but now... sometimes I wish I had some duct tape for his mouth. :burningma

nelson951
02-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Scrubs outside the hospital
Debbie Downers
That fat chick who yells all the time in sec 113 row 2 at the Tbirds games

TheBrass
02-22-2006, 03:23 PM
The Thumper..........anyone who sits near me at the Giants games will know just who I am talking about. I say we petition to have his rinkside seats revoked so he has nothing left to pound on. :spineyes:

Kristi
02-22-2006, 03:23 PM
Scrubs outside the hospital
Debbie Downers
That fat chick who yells all the time in sec 113 row 2 at the Tbirds games

LMAO! I know who you are talking about!

Now chant with me............

Come on Tbirds you can do it...........put a little power to it.........

HA HA!

Triton
02-22-2006, 03:52 PM
A stacked Canadian hockey team who could only score against Germany and Italy...oooooooooo.Somebody needs to be fired for this...and I think it should be Pat Quinn.

Dwight Schrute
02-22-2006, 05:34 PM
chris pronger in italy this year. how many penalties did he take ?

Tinner
02-22-2006, 05:38 PM
people who never say anything until after an event, then say "I told you so"

Triton
02-22-2006, 05:59 PM
chris pronger in italy this year. how many penalties did he take ?

Penalties.How about Todd Bertuzzi's constant flipping the puck over the glass just as we started to gain some momentum as we would enter their territory..territory..I sound like Drew Wilson..yuck!

I think Todd did that about 16 times throughout the tourny.That really kills when the games going smooth and you go to dump in and chase,but Todd would just dump in 12 rows up..in the words of Napolean Dynamite.."IDIOT"!

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-22-2006, 06:46 PM
OLD PEOPLE :burningma , the guy who sits infront of me in my math class that farts all the time, chemistry, sour milk, emo music, really patriotic americans get annoying fast, rap, loud drunk mj fans that always group behind my section e, the whl officiating and how its usually one sided, #5 reinhart on the powerplay :confused: , my neighbor(s), and sometimes the weather..... thats almost it

patsrock83
02-25-2006, 05:10 PM
well, the guy in Sec R that brings his little kid first off he steals the little pucks that K-9 throws in the crowd, he literally grabs them out of the other kids hands for his own kid must have at least 50 of them this year. :clap: Derek Reinhart should play Rec hockey....Toronto Maple Leaf fans.....Ranger fans.....The Bus Driver Guy....and pretty much all Moose Jaw Fans except for the 50/50 guy that comes to regina hes nice.

Tiger Trauma
02-26-2006, 02:08 AM
Getting bad beats in texas hold'em.....+

When the person in front of you is moving slow...and knows that somebody else wants by...but is blocking the path.......and you say "excuse me sir/madam"....move the @#$@ over.....instead of standing there.....show some respect...if someone wants to get by and asks politley move over...

Beaner
02-26-2006, 12:47 PM
The term a "4 point game".

There is no such thing as a 4 point game. :burningma

Any game is only worth a max of 2 points for the winner.

For some reason it just drives me nuts.