PDA

View Full Version : gillies early #1 rank for 2007 entry draft

wango tango
01-20-2006, 02:55 PM
International Scouting Service Top 5 2007 NHL Draft

1. Gillies, Colton – Center, 2/12/1989, Shoots: L, H: 6-4, W: 182, Saskatoon (WHL)

2. Esposito, Angelo – Left Wing, 2/20/1989, Shoots: L, H: 6-1, W: 170, Quebec (QMJHL)

3. Katic, Marc- Defense, 5/9/1989, Shoots: L, H: 5-11, W: 179, Sarnia (OHL)

4. Petrecki, Nick, Defense, 7/11/1989, Shoots: L, H: 6-3, W: 205, Omaha (USHL)

5. Gagner, Sam, Right Wing, 8/10/1989, Shoots: R, H: 5-10, W: 182, Sioux City (USHL)

Colton Gillies / Pacific

Subjective

- Hit guys hard and often

- Good skills to match his physical play

- Very mean

- Quick stick in front of the net

- Dominant at times

- Very few could handle him

- Still needs defensive commitment

- Loves to go into traffic

- Tremendous performance

Comments: Excellent tournament. Great size and vision, is the total package. Plays hard, finishes his checks, and is a mature player well beyond his years. His understanding of the game is exceptional and he is very adept at using his body to create advantages in the offensive end. Tremendous performance that has ISS believing he will challenge Angelo Esposito for #1 overall.

Triton
01-20-2006, 03:38 PM
International Scouting Service Top 5 2007 NHL Draft

1. Gillies, Colton – Center, 2/12/1989, Shoots: L, H: 6-4, W: 182, Saskatoon (WHL)

2. Esposito, Angelo – Left Wing, 2/20/1989, Shoots: L, H: 6-1, W: 170, Quebec (QMJHL)

3. Katic, Marc- Defense, 5/9/1989, Shoots: L, H: 5-11, W: 179, Sarnia (OHL)

4. Petrecki, Nick, Defense, 7/11/1989, Shoots: L, H: 6-3, W: 205, Omaha (USHL)

5. Gagner, Sam, Right Wing, 8/10/1989, Shoots: R, H: 5-10, W: 182, Sioux City (USHL)

Colton Gillies / Pacific

Subjective

- Hit guys hard and often

- Good skills to match his physical play

- Very mean

- Quick stick in front of the net

- Dominant at times

- Very few could handle him

- Still needs defensive commitment

- Loves to go into traffic

- Tremendous performance

Comments: Excellent tournament. Great size and vision, is the total package. Plays hard, finishes his checks, and is a mature player well beyond his years. His understanding of the game is exceptional and he is very adept at using his body to create advantages in the offensive end. Tremendous performance that has ISS believing he will challenge Angelo Esposito for #1 overall.

He could challange Angelo no doubt,but those rankings are in the wrong order.

wango tango
01-20-2006, 04:02 PM
He could challange Angelo no doubt,but those rankings are in the wrong order.

wrong how? this list is taken from an article by iss director of scouting dennis macinnis. is it a typo? or do you just not agree with it?

Triton
01-20-2006, 04:09 PM
wrong how? this list is taken from an article by iss director of scouting dennis macinnis. is it a typo? or do you just not agree with it?

Typo! I'd rather see Gillies whose from the dub ahead of anyone else.

Number_4
01-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Canadian Eh, Im a bit confused. First you say that those rankings are in the wrong order, then you claim to want to see Gillies go first. Gillies is ranked first. Thats kinda a contradiction. So whats wrong with the rankings????

Either way, that years draft is going to be an interesting one. Both players have a good chance of going number one. I guess whatever team gets to pick second that year is just as lucky as the team that gets to pick first. Your pretty much guarenteed a good player either way. Gillies has a bit of a size advantage, but Esposito can still grow some more too.

Triton
01-20-2006, 08:08 PM
Canadian Eh, Im a bit confused. First you say that those rankings are in the wrong order, then you claim to want to see Gillies go first. Gillies is ranked first. Thats kinda a contradiction. So whats wrong with the rankings????

Either way, that years draft is going to be an interesting one. Both players have a good chance of going number one. I guess whatever team gets to pick second that year is just as lucky as the team that gets to pick first. Your pretty much guarenteed a good player either way. Gillies has a bit of a size advantage, but Esposito can still grow some more too.

On the ISS rankings site it says that the list provided is in no way the correct order.On the list it says Gillies first,but actually Esposito is the one thats #1.Although Gillies technically isn't #1 I would love nothing more than for him to steal that spot and be #1.Do you understand what I was trying to say now?

Number_4
01-20-2006, 08:13 PM
On the ISS rankings site it says that the list provided is in no way the correct order.On the list it says Gillies first,but actually Esposito is the one thats #1.Although Gillies technically isn't #1 I would love nothing more than for him to steal that spot and be #1.Do you understand what I was trying to say now?

Yup. I just didnt know about the ISS website stuff. Thanks

Fight Guy
01-23-2006, 03:14 PM
I wasnt too impressed with Espesito at the Under 17's. He seemed like he was skating around expecting to get the puck passed to him. Gillies was great! Aside from egtting penaltie3s for hitting too hard(hahaha), he was a real force in that tourney, and I saw him play on Friday...very good I must say. I would pick Gillies over Espesito.

But really...im more excited to see more of John Tavares. He has insane skill for being 15. Looked WAAAAY better than Espesito in the Under 17's aswell.

wango tango
01-23-2006, 04:32 PM
i think the reason they give the disclaimer is for people to understand this is in no way a prediction of how the 2007 entry draft will go. this is simply a snapshot in time. gillies is ranked #1 at this time, however by the time it comes to draft day everything could be different.