PDA

View Full Version : Warriors/Bronco's

Scout
01-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Well made the famed trip into the Jaw to watch the Bronco/Warrior game. The guys just couldn't get any breaks. The puck was either bouncing over their stick or Warrior players were there. Don't get me wrong, Moose Jaw has an excellent club. Had the boys from section L sitting with us. Man are they loud and wild. Made the game fun. Saw Luuuuuuuke loose his temper and drop the gloves with Boyd. I give this to Luke hands down as he chucked them hard and accurate. Next was Benke. Wray gave Moir a little shot in the glove after he made a save. Benke came in and destroyed Wray. This kid played an awesome game and was rewarded with lots of ice time. He played tough and became an intimidater. Tidball got a 2-5 and game for a hit on the Warrior goalie. He did hit him out of the net and flattened him but Leslie played it to the hilt and was fine once Tid's got ejected. I thought he should have got a double minor for the hit but his reputation got him once again. Two Warrior players came to their goalies aid and Tidball stood there waiting for one of them to take him on but they just stood there. Mcardle came flying in and started swinging at Tidball with his gloves on. Tid's played it smart and also left his gloves on. But he still got the short end as Mcardle only got a minor for roughing. How do you just getting a minor when you are chucking the mitts. At least he should have got a double minor as he jumped Tidball. I enjoyed the old rink and the atmosphere was great. I realize this is a homer account of the game which i rarley do but thats the way i saw it. Best of luck in Brandon tonight.

Scout

mjwfan
01-21-2006, 04:09 PM
I'm not sure what game you were at , but i and a few of the other bronco posters seen it a bit different. Wray was destroyed ??? Hunter and Boyd fight was not much of a scrap .
One of the cheapest shots i seen all yr was goon Tidball run Leslie .
The Bronco's were still in the game in fact if anything they were starting to come on .. And he runs the goalie . Leslie went down hard , BUT got up right away ..The way you made it sound is like he stayed down and played it out .NOT .. Zetariuk should of went after Tidball , But he took one look at who it was and skated the other way . Tidball then took a shot at Wray and give McArdle full marks for coming in .

dubfan
01-21-2006, 04:45 PM
It looks like the coaches were sending a message at the end of the game when it was 5-1 and with a two-man advantage, they had the young guys out on the PP, even if it back fired.The team shows very good determination and have been in almost all the games with the top teams and then fold in the third or over-time, look at the OT record, most OTL and SOL in the league. This shows to me that they are in the game but don't know how to finish and tense up later in tight games almost afraid to lose. The team needs to be led with the 18/19/20 yr olds when the game is on the line. There is a not a lack of team leadership but the on-ice presence to take control when it is tight. I hope the young players learn by the mistakes or inability of the verterans and not accept that this is the way to finish games or how to play in critical situations. I see a strong young core of leaders and think that Dave and Dean can mold them into the leaders that they need to be.

Scout
01-22-2006, 06:29 AM
I agree with you. Tidball deserved a penalty. My point was he gets alot harsher penalties then most. What i was saying is Mcardle should have had more than just a minor. He came in swinging and i feel should have had a double minor. He instigated the go to with Tidball. As for Tidball running Leslie? Yes he did and made no attempt to avoid him. I was standing along the glass watching Leslie look over his shoulder when he was down and seeing if Tidball was getting a penalty. Once the ref called it he was fine. If Leslie got up right away, then why did Tidball get 5 for charging? You usually get 5 for charging if the opposing player was injured. A double minor i could see but not a major for charging. Leslie was quite away out of his net and if it was any other player than Tidball i don't think it would have been as harsh. You guys have an awesome team with alot of speed.

Scout

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
01-22-2006, 08:35 AM
Hunter and Boyd fight was not much of a scrap .

Not much of a scrap? Did you see Luke unleash on Boyd? The man threw fast and furious shots with both hands, and was accurate on just about every punch that he threw. Boyd had to be feeling bruised and sore after that thrashing Hunter did to him.

And good to see Benke play the intimidator role. The guy is now starting to put his large size to use, and it's good to see. About time he gets his hands on someone one on one, without having to be double teamed.

Hatguy
01-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Well I don't know why Boyd fought, he got killed in a bad fight. The Tidball goalie hit was dirty. I give Mcardle a thumbs up for not being a ***** for once. The Broncos are a hard working team, but there is no excuse for what Tidball did. Dirty...
Scout, I don't know what game you were watching, because I was standing on the boards right infront of Leslie, he got right up. One of your fans yelled stay in your crease through our yelling crack, that's our yelling crack!