PDA

View Full Version : Football fans...

Triton
02-03-2005, 07:58 PM
Anyone want to compete in a prediction game involving the super bowl?Scores needed as well.I'll post mine and if anyone else wants can post their predictions as well.

Philadelphia Eagles 27 New England 24

mccabe23
02-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Philadelphia Eagles 17 New England 27 :bounce:

Kassian
02-03-2005, 08:10 PM
Go Patriots! :clap:

Hitmen1
02-03-2005, 08:57 PM
I cheer for Miami so i hate the pats. Go Eagles!!!!

Philly 31
NE 28

Billy Blade
02-03-2005, 10:27 PM
No prediction, but E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/images/fanzone/wallpaper/40-640x480.jpg

IceMan
02-04-2005, 02:52 AM
I'm a born and raised Philadelphian. This has been a looooooonnnnngggg wait.

Birds 31 Pats 17

HAF
02-04-2005, 06:05 AM
I'm not a football fan. I'd rather spend my Sunday evening at a Dub game....
I'd rather watch kids that are still hungry and play for the right reason then a bunch of over payed premodona's... Of course that is just me. Everyone has there own thing. Personally my favorite day to be on the river steelhead fishing is superbowl sunday because I usually have the entire river to my self.

Jovorock
02-04-2005, 07:24 AM
Go Seahawks!

Oh they are out as usual, dam.

Eagles27 Pats24

T O does nothing earth shattering IMO.

Fight Guy
02-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Eagles 257 Patriots 1
jk...but I dont like New England at all...

So, my REAL prediction,

Eagles 18 Patriots 14

I think it will be a low scoring game. Then again, I dont pay attention to the NFL at all and dont watch it, so i wouldnt really know if it will be low scoring. I just dont like NE...GO EAGLES!!!

The only game I watched this season was when i was drunk at the bar and Miami beat the Patriots...and I knew Miami was the worst int he league...or close to it.

Tiger Trauma
02-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Hmmm...I'll predict the coin toss will be .....heads

ScottyWazz
02-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Pats 27- Eagles 25

kelownakarl
02-04-2005, 05:40 PM
I am going to have to go with something like this:

New England 17
Philadelphia 14

A good old Sports Action tie :groovy:

HAF
02-04-2005, 05:54 PM
Hmmm...I'll predict the coin toss will be .....heads
I predict there will be a lot of comercials.... New ones.....

Kassian
02-04-2005, 06:20 PM
I can't believe so many of you are picking the Eagles. :dead:

kelownakarl
02-04-2005, 06:23 PM
I predict I will make some money on thsi years bowl. :clap:

Jew Panda
02-04-2005, 09:00 PM
I hate the Patriots as much as the next person, but they will win. I guarantee.

The Philadelphia defense can't stop a Corey Dillon/Tom Brady charged offense. Just because Philadelphia made it to the Superbowl doesn't mean they're overly great. Let's face it, they played Atlanta and Minnesota. Stick Philadelphia in the AFC and they wouldn't make it out of Wildcard.

New England 31 - 17 Philadelphia

Kassian
02-05-2005, 02:33 AM
I hate the Patriots as much as the next person, but they will win. I guarantee.

The Philadelphia defense can't stop a Corey Dillon/Tom Brady charged offense. Just because Philadelphia made it to the Superbowl doesn't mean they're overly great. Let's face it, they played Atlanta and Minnesota. Stick Philadelphia in the AFC and they wouldn't make it out of Wildcard.

New England 31 - 17 Philadelphia

Amen. Great post. My thoughts exactly. And I am a Patriots fan for the record. Born and raised in Boston.

At the risk of sounding like a homer, the Eagles aren't nearly as talented as the Patriots. That doesn't mean they can't win because they can. But it isn't likely. There is a difference between which team you want to win and which team is probably going to win.

Billy Blade
02-05-2005, 11:34 AM
That's the challenge of a winner-take-all game though instead of a series... anything can happen. I acknowledge that the Pats should be the favourites and it is definitely their game to lose, but don't underestimate the Eagles or their desire to win this game. They will give it their all and if McNabb takes his step to the next level could surprise the so-called experts. I'm an Eagles fan, so I'm just going to hold out hope that in fact anything could happen. :) Either way it was a great season.

Jew Panda
02-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Amen. Great post. My thoughts exactly. And I am a Patriots fan for the record. Born and raised in Boston.

At the risk of sounding like a homer, the Eagles aren't nearly as talented as the Patriots. That doesn't mean they can't win because they can. But it isn't likely. There is a difference between which team you want to win and which team is probably going to win.

No need for sounding like a homer, it's a proven fact. Compare how many times each team has blown a huge playoff game and you have your answer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/mattcookefan/skip.jpg

The_Vulk
02-05-2005, 05:20 PM
The Eagles!

While the Pats have proven they can will the big game, the Eagles are not satisfied with having finally going past the Conference Championship game.

They have a desire New England does not have.

31-28 :thumb:

Kassian
02-05-2005, 06:30 PM
No need for sounding like a homer, it's a proven fact. Compare how many times each team has blown a huge playoff game and you have your answer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/mattcookefan/skip.jpg

Very true. Plus New England has the experience factor and a much better coaching staff. Hard to pick against them even if you are an Eagles fan...

original6
02-05-2005, 07:00 PM
should be a great game...philly wins a close one, when adam v, misses a 45 yard field goal as time expires..

philly 22
pats 20

Kassian
02-05-2005, 08:05 PM
philly wins a close one, when adam v, misses a 45 yard field goal as time expires..

Now that is really pushing it, LOL. :p

original6
02-05-2005, 09:01 PM
left or right

Jew Panda
02-05-2005, 10:36 PM
I'm wondering why some of you think the game is going to be so close? Usually SB's are blowouts, last year being an exception. I can tell you Tom Brady isn't losing any sleep over the game tomorrow. He handles all pressure situations well, can you say the same for Donovan McNabb? Terrell Owens is good, perhaps great, but can he honestly phase a New England secondary? The young cornerbacks the Patriots have starting in Randall Gay and Asante Samuel weren't the least bit intimidated by Pittsburgh Steelers receivers Plaxico Burress, Hines Ward or Antwoine Randle El, why should they be worried about Terrell Owens? Mitchell, Pinkston, give me a break. The only area that New England has to work on is containing Westbrook. The Eagles love to use the screen pass to Westbrook and gain yardage. Luckily, Belichik plays a 3-4 defense, and the Patriots have the best core of linebackers I've ever seen. Willie McGinest, Rosevelt Colvin, Ted Johnson, Roman Phifer, Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel. Hell, even Larry Izzo and Don Davis could find starting jobs in the NFC's weaker teams. On paper, statistically and historically, I don't see how Philadelphia will come out on top.

Besides, when Tom Brady wins another Super Bowl MVP tomorrow, look who he has inspiration to go home to:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v230/mattcookefan/BridgetMoynahan02.jpg

Tiger Trauma
02-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Here's mine...I also predict no wardrobe malfunctions....unless you ordered the GGW halftime show. haha :laugh:

Patriots 34
Eagles 20

Tito9
02-06-2005, 04:06 PM
Pats 20-10. And Corey Dillon is MVP. Good old bengals boy.

ScottyWazz
02-06-2005, 10:28 PM
Pats 27- Eagles 25

Gah-- so close.

Kassian
02-06-2005, 11:38 PM
Good game. It turned out a lot closer than I thought.

But in the end my Patriots prevailed! The word Dynasty sounds great about now. :bounce: :D :cool:

Jew Panda
02-06-2005, 11:59 PM
Corey Dillon as MVP is great and all, the whole "Rise of the Phoenix" thing sells, but Rodney Harrison rightfully deserved it.

Silly Eagles fans, wishful thinking.

Kassian
02-07-2005, 01:10 AM
Corey Dillon as MVP is great and all, the whole "Rise of the Phoenix" thing sells, but Rodney Harrison rightfully deserved it.

I agree with you once again. Harrison should've gotten MVP. I understand why Deion Branch got MVP. The guy tied a NFL Super Bowl record with 11 catches. That is definitely a great accomplishment. But Harrison (as a whole) played better and was a huge factor for the depleted Patriots secondary.

Jew Panda
02-07-2005, 01:14 AM
Oops, I ment to talk about Deion Branch, not Corey Dillon. :spineyes:

MVP, meaning most valuable. The Patriots could have won without Branch, but not without Harrison.

Tiger Trauma
02-08-2005, 01:59 PM
Patriots 34
Eagles 20
Coin toss: heads

Well i was wrong on the coin toss
24-21....i was kind of close their...but i predicted correct team to win :groovy: