PDA

View Full Version : NHL's Worst owner?

RDRebelsfan
01-21-2006, 11:25 PM
Bill Wirtz from Chicago....HANDS down.

When you don't televise home games and when the City of Chicago's AHL team is more popular than your NHL franchise that speaks volumes right there.

SectionNDeserter
01-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Bill Wirtz from Chicago....HANDS down.

When you don't televise home games and when the City of Chicago's AHL team is more popular than your NHL franchise that speaks volumes right there.I think that Charles Wang from the Islanders, and Ed Snider from the Flyers could give him a run for his money, mostly just for employing Mike Milbury and Bobby Clarke as GMs for so long. :laugh:

Tinner
01-22-2006, 10:09 AM
I agree, Bill Wirtz. He's a dinosaur in a room full of lions. Him, nor Pulford have stepped out of the 60's and the hiring of Talon is or might be just some window dressing. Time for a sale, then clean house, start over and things will change. An original 6 team with an original 6 owner just doesn't work in todays world.

Jovorock
01-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Wang from Long Island is # 1 for employing Milbury.
Wirtz from Chicago for being too old to know any better.
Jacobs from Boston for the same reason as Wirtz. Maybe Wirtz and Jacobs are twins?
Brodsky from PG for the same reason as Wirtz and Jacobs. Oh sorry were talking about the NHL not WHL? :laugh:

RDRebelsfan
01-22-2006, 01:55 PM
Here's a post by a CHICAGO RESIDENT from another forum I frequent.:

There was a huuuuge 4 page spread in the Sun-Times about how people go to Rosemont to see the Wolves to get their hockey fix. They have more games on TV yearly then the Blackhawks and you can actually afford to go see a game.

Wirtz could care less about anything unless it affects his bottom line. When we went to the playoffs in 2001 he refused to let Chicago see the home playoff games on TV, when Bettman stepped in and threated to nail him with fines for every game thats when he let them televise.

Wirtz is a piece of **** that makes you feel bad to be a Blackhawk fan because for everything you buy your sending him money.

Toswammi
01-23-2006, 06:48 PM
How cant you pick wirtz? You d have to be an idiot to not see he is destroying hockey in what used to be a traditionaly hockey city.
Jacobs in Boston isn't that far behind. I dont think he has made a good move in last decade.