PDA

View Full Version : 16 Skaters

FELIX17
01-23-2006, 09:36 AM
PA only dressed 16 skaters for Saturday night's game against Red Deer. Chipchura and Ottman didn't play. If one player gets hurt they can not field a complete roster. Why is it that they have such a small roster? If you look at other teams, they have around 5 more players on their roster. Any theories why PA has decided to go this route? Doesn't make much sense to me especially down the stretch when guys have bumps and bruises. You think it would be smart to have a few extra bodies for this reason.

Dwight Schrute
01-23-2006, 12:35 PM
PA only dressed 16 skaters for Saturday night's game against Red Deer. Chipchura and Ottman didn't play. If one player gets hurt they can not field a complete roster. Why is it that they have such a small roster? If you look at other teams, they have around 5 more players on their roster. Any theories why PA has decided to go this route? Doesn't make much sense to me especially down the stretch when guys have bumps and bruises. You think it would be smart to have a few extra bodies for this reason.
the size of the roster is ridiculous but i dont think they can add another full time player if they dont get more bodies they are screwed !

Sabes
01-23-2006, 01:38 PM
I still want to see Boris Leckovic in a Raider jersey.

Triton
01-23-2006, 01:48 PM
I still want to see Boris Leckovic in a Raider jersey.

For what reason?

westbeach55
01-23-2006, 02:04 PM
sabes you just want to see boris, make some bone head plays to wake up the team he could do it.

Sabes
01-23-2006, 02:35 PM
Leckovic is physical and we IMO need that. Sure we have lots of big guys but we need someone that can go out there and hit anyone and everyone to energize the guys. Byers has turned into a scorer so he hasn't been doing it that much, Elder and Hewson just cycle the puck for their whole shift and our D-men rarely throw hits but when they do they are pretty good. Also Leckovic was a 2nd round pick so it's not like he has no talent.

Wildeyes
01-23-2006, 04:35 PM
sabes is right (hate to admit it tho) but PA has no real good body checker, Kozak did it last year same with fritz and schlenker they made you pay if you wanted to come down on them

this yrs d its like (i am the d-man) ok i got you now u wont get pass me, here you come just like i want to oops you got by me you won that round next time i got you

Round 2 here u come a gain now i know what you do this one is mine, yup just like i said same move ooops you got me ok ok ok best 3 out of 5

then we all cheer for the one time he stops him

Wildeyes
01-23-2006, 04:36 PM
we need our guy to POUND THE LIVIN BULL PLOP OUT OF THERE GUYS MAKE EM PAY

Wildeyes
01-23-2006, 04:40 PM
i would like to see vann, gross, smith stay where they are they are having good yrs with there clubs the kids need every confidece they can get it would be very tough on those kids to get use to i dif envoiroment ie. travel, compitision, billets, shcedual, school. let them deal with that next yr. not b4 playoffs

wango tango
01-23-2006, 04:45 PM
Leckovic is physical and we IMO need that. Sure we have lots of big guys but we need someone that can go out there and hit anyone and everyone to energize the guys. Byers has turned into a scorer so he hasn't been doing it that much, Elder and Hewson just cycle the puck for their whole shift and our D-men rarely throw hits but when they do they are pretty good. Also Leckovic was a 2nd round pick so it's not like he has no talent.

leckovic is not as physical as you'd think. he's selfish and takes undisciplined penalties. he'd be more of a hinderance than a benefit for the raiders. you'd think he'd be out of the kozak mold but he's not. not in physical play, intensity, skills, or as an agitator.

westbeach55
01-24-2006, 05:59 AM
The raiders easily get manhandled with no enforcers to come in do there job. we have guys like doucet, dowhay, hellyer who constantly are thrown around and no one in there to help out. This team seems to play with no heart. leckovic isn't the answer there must be some reason saskatoon got rid of him and swift and now everett. Leckovic be more of nusaince to our team as he was to the teams he was on. If he is a second round pick then why doesn't he stick to using the skills that got him drafted and play hockey. we need a tough guy but also has skills and brains to go along. this is just my opinion (not trying to start war)

westbeach55
01-24-2006, 06:01 AM
we need our guy to POUND THE LIVIN BULL PLOP OUT OF THERE GUYS MAKE EM PAY

wildeyes you sound like pierre mcquire (tsn hockey analyst)

westbeach55
01-24-2006, 06:03 AM
i would like to see vann, gross, smith stay where they are they are having good yrs with there clubs the kids need every confidece they can get it would be very tough on those kids to get use to i dif envoiroment ie. travel, compitision, billets, shcedual, school. let them deal with that next yr. not b4 playoffs

I don't think they would turn down the oppurtunity if it came though. they need to get in some whl experience when better would it be to play them then now.

FELIX17
01-24-2006, 09:31 AM
I realize it is tough to adjust for these kids, but what do the Raiders do? They need more bodies and maybe by adding Vann, Smith, Gross, and Lamb they might be more comfortable for next year. They will have learned Anholt's system and they will have the experience from learning from guys like Chipchura, Thelen, Byers etc. All 4 guys are having great years in AAA but maybe they need to step in and gain some experience at the WHL level. As we all know, PA can't go the rest of the way with the roster they have. Leckovic would not help, except maybe for the entertainment value. Maybe he can help out with the mascot. That's about all he's good for. Hey canadian eh, since you're buddies with Clark, maybe you should ask him what his plans are with the roster and the team in the future.

Triton
01-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Hey canadian eh, since you're buddies with Clark, maybe you should ask him what his plans are with the roster and the team in the future.

Who said I was buddies with Clark?I dispise the man.I only talked to him a couple of times when he was standing at the top of the sections.I wanted to know what was going on thats all.Clark is a poor GM..but there is worse out there I imagine.

Zookeeper
01-24-2006, 10:35 AM
I thought he was your buddy too. You always know lots about him..

Dwight Schrute
01-24-2006, 12:42 PM
http://www.raiderhockey.com/pages/articles/2005-2006/jan/jan24_roster_pr.php

i guess they are adding gross and lepp for the moose jaw game, a one game fix. that means gross has played 5 games as an A.P. how many more can he play ?

FELIX17
01-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Because they are both 16 year olds and not 15 year olds, they can suit up for any amount of games. It is the 15 year olds who can only play 5 games (Trach and Tendler).

Howarth has played 5 games for Selkirk and has 5 goals and 9 assists for 14 points. Why couldn't he play like that when he was in PA?

wango tango
01-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Because they are both 16 year olds and not 15 year olds, they can suit up for any amount of games. It is the 15 year olds who can only play 5 games (Trach and Tendler).

Howarth has played 5 games for Selkirk and has 5 goals and 9 assists for 14 points. Why couldn't he play like that when he was in PA?

a.p.'s can suit up for as many games before the trade deadline, post deadline a.p.'s can only do four more games if they're 16. when their regular team is eliminated from further play they may join their whl team and play an unlimited # of games.

15 year old a.p.'s are limited to four games for the entire season.

i don't have a rule book so if someone can clarify this great.

FELIX17
01-24-2006, 03:28 PM
a.p.'s can suit up for as many games before the trade deadline, post deadline a.p.'s can only do four more games if they're 16. when their regular team is eliminated from further play they may join their whl team and play an unlimited # of games.

15 year old a.p.'s are limited to four games for the entire season.

i don't have a rule book so if someone can clarify this great.

Really? I didn't know this. So now their affiliated 16 year olds are treated as 15 year olds for the remainder of the season until their team is eliminated? I was pretty sure that listed 16 year olds (1989's) could be recalled anytime and play as many games as required by that team. Anyone else know the rules and maybe could clarify this?

Dwight Schrute
01-24-2006, 06:51 PM

ok now i get it i thought all ap's regardless of age could only play 5 games
yeah it looks like howarth woke up and started playing

Wildeyes
01-24-2006, 11:59 PM
why not call brandon peet jordan morgan lavoie or bjore ?

FELIX17
01-25-2006, 06:41 AM
probably because peet and morgan arent on the raiders 50 protected list. and ther is no up side to lavoie and bjorge

Sabes, or anyone else, have the Raider's 50 man ppl?

Dwight Schrute
01-25-2006, 06:59 PM
Sabes, or anyone else, have the Raider's 50 man ppl?
yeah id like to see that list myself

Triton
01-26-2006, 06:07 PM
any word on why aki didnt play in mj?

Anholt gave Aki the night off seeing as he didn't have any rest at all after the WJHC.

Drop em' eh
01-29-2006, 08:10 PM
From the Raiders web site;

Gross has now played the limit of 5 games for the Raiders as an affiliate player, while it was Lepp's debut in a Raider uniform…Gross (1 goal, 1 assist in 5 games) can only rejoin the Raiders when his current team (Winnipeg Thrashers) have completed their season…

Drop em' eh
01-29-2006, 08:58 PM

The MJHL is way less competitive than the Dub, and he should get a lot of points in Selkirk playing on one of their top lines and on special teams.

FELIX17
01-30-2006, 08:37 AM
I wonder who's coming up next now that Gross has played the maximum of 5 games with the team. I know Trach will probably be back some time this season and I'd like to see Smith and Lamb play a few games with the team. I still shake my head as to why they've decided to have such a small roster. They had a chance to win last night, and probably should have. Once again, they cannot score goals. Probably the biggest downfall this season has been the inability to score goals. And next year it will be far worse. Good to see Palazzo stick up for his team by going after Setoguchi. That's what Saskatoon is lacking, no one wants to stick up for one another. The game against M.H. when Rabbit was checked behind the net face first into the glass, no one responded. That's one thing you don't have to worry about with an Anholt team. That would never happen.

FELIX17
01-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Andy Smith has been added to the Raider's roster. He will be wearing #21. He's having a great year with Moose Jaw 'AAA' warriors and hopefully Anholt gives him some ice time and maybe spark the offence, because they sure need it.

Sabes
01-30-2006, 02:09 PM
Andy Smith has been added to the Raider's roster. He will be wearing #21. He's having a great year with Moose Jaw 'AAA' warriors and hopefully Anholt gives him some ice time and maybe spark the offence, because they sure need it.

Nice to hear, finally he gets his chance.

Triton
01-30-2006, 04:09 PM
Thats cool he's on the roster.I don't think he'll make any impact this year (cause even the third year players aren't making any impact),but playing time in this league will help speed up the developement a bit,not to mention the experience factor.

Dwight Schrute
01-30-2006, 04:12 PM
how many games can he play ?

FELIX17
01-30-2006, 04:18 PM
Like the rest of the affiliated players, only 5 games. Trach and Vann will be back as well maybe Lamb will get a shot at a few games.

Triton
01-30-2006, 04:20 PM
how many games can he play ?

So are they calling up rookies for the rest of the year cause Clark is incompetant to pick up another player?How does Clark let them play with JUST enough bodies to cover the bench?Brandon has 2 extra D-man,and 2 extra forwards..Clark you need to be voted off this Island already..you and every other "Alumni" member (besides Manson) who's driving this team into the ground.Manson is the only one who I think actually has a clue.

FELIX17
01-30-2006, 04:26 PM
By the looks of it, with 22 games remaining, Clark will continue to call up AP players for the remainder of the year. Does not make any sense. But if anyone can figure out Clark, please let me know.

Triton
01-30-2006, 04:28 PM
By the looks of it, with 22 games remaining, Clark will continue to call up AP players for the remainder of the year. Does not make any sense. But if anyone can figure out Clark, please let me know.

Clark is in his own world...a world yet discovered but by him.He must have imaginary friends as well.

Drop em' eh
01-30-2006, 04:43 PM
I heard that Lamb was called up.
Can anybody confirm that?

FELIX17
02-01-2006, 01:36 PM
I heard that Lamb was called up.
Can anybody confirm that?

Bryce Lamb has been added to the Raider's roster. He will wear #24. Another guy with offensive talent. His stats to this point: 30 games played, 25 goals, 21 assists, 46 points and 81 pim for the Southwest Cougars in the MMAAAHL. Hopefully he can play as well as Smith did last night.

Dwight Schrute
02-01-2006, 04:42 PM
are they going to keep smith up for the weekend ?

FELIX17
02-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Smith has been sent back to his Midget team.

Dwight Schrute
02-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Smith has been sent back to his Midget team.
well at least we caught a glimpse of the kids bright future

Dwight Schrute
02-02-2006, 05:57 PM
bryce lamb got called up for the game and hes got as good as stats as any of these prospects we have
30 games 25 goals 21 assist 81 pims 46 points

pretty sad when these kids have more upside then our 20 year olds
lol yeah thats true, and its a good looking crew of prospects. anybody think it would be a good idea to trade hellyer to chilliwack so they dont snag a prospect from us in the expansion draft ?

Drop em' eh
02-02-2006, 10:43 PM
lol yeah thats true, and its a good looking crew of prospects. anybody think it would be a good idea to trade hellyer to chilliwack so they dont snag a prospect from us in the expansion draft ?

Can that be done in the off season? Would that trade nullify them having an expnsion draft pick fron the Raiders? Or would they basically give him up as the proverbial sacraficail lamb. Speaking of lamb,

Press Release

February 2, 2006

Raiders Call Up Bryce Lamb for Weekend Games

Prince Albert, Saskatchewan - The Prince Albert Raiders will debut another 16 year-old centre ice man this weekend when they host the Red Deer Rebels Friday and Kamloops Blazers Saturday at the Art Hauser Centre as they have called up Bryce Lamb from the Southwest Cougars of the Manitoba AAA Midget League.

Lamb, who hails from the same hometown as Raider Athletic Therapist Duane Bartley, Killarney, Manitoba, is currently 11th in the Manitoba League in scoring with 25 goals and 21 assists in 30 games. Lamb also has 81 minutes in penalties. He was named the Manitoba League's Offensive Player of the Week in the 6th week of their season this year.

The Raiders listed Lamb, who will wear #24, on their 50 player protected roster last season. He is 6' and 185 pounds.

I've seen him play, he has potential to be a future player.

FELIX17
02-03-2006, 06:57 AM

IMO, I really think it would be a good idea to trade someone to Chilliwack like Portland and Vancouver did earlier in the season so they don't lose one of their key prospects. By making a deal with Chilliwack, PA would not have to worry about participating in the expansion draft. It would be tough to lose one of their up and coming prospects. Hellyer? I'm not sure Chilliwack would want him but he's been playing better lately. I believe he will end up being one of the 20 year olds next year along with Deckert. As far as I know, this is how the expansion draft works. Chilliwack will be able to select one player from the roster of each of the remaining 18 franchises (Portland and Vancouver are exempt due to earlier deals made with Chilliwack). Each WHL team will be permitted to protect either 14 players born in 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, or protect 12 players born in 1987, 1988, 1989 and three over-age players (1986). Players born in 1990 and 1991 are exempt. From looking at the roster, Archibald, Dowhay, Hewson, and McDonald might be left unprotected. Anyone else have an opinion as to who the Raider's would protect or leave unprotected?

FELIX17
02-03-2006, 07:43 AM
In the last expansion draft, PA lost Mark Kress to Everett, who has turned into a key player for the Silvertips. And after Chilliwack's expansion draft, teams will have to endure another expansion draft with the probable addition of Edmonton in the future.

Dwight Schrute
02-03-2006, 12:23 PM
hewson is one of anholts favorites i dont think they would let him go. and i think they would leave the local kid here too (dowhay)

Triton
02-03-2006, 12:46 PM
hewson is one of anholts favorites i dont think they would let him go. and i think they would leave the local kid here too (dowhay)

Hewson is kinda local too.He's my favourite Raider and should be a better player next year with a yr under his belt.

Dwight Schrute
02-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Hewson is kinda local too.He's my favourite Raider and should be a better player next year with a yr under his belt.
yeah him may doucet dowhay and elder are ones im imppressed with.

Dwight Schrute
02-03-2006, 12:55 PM
and to make it as a walk on unlisted player and play a regular shift, well that doesnt hapen very often. especially since he was cut early from the hitmen camp. im glad we got him.

Sabes
02-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Bjorge and Lavoie?????????

Triton
02-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Bjorge and Lavoie?????????

I wouldn't worry about them,they aren't that great anyway.

Sabes
02-06-2006, 11:39 AM
On the Raiders roster on whl.ca Lamb is gone and Andy Smith is back on there.

Dwight Schrute
02-06-2006, 01:15 PM
On the Raiders roster on whl.ca Lamb is gone and Andy Smith is back on there.
good smith played better anyway

FELIX17
02-07-2006, 08:30 AM
good smith played better anyway

Glad to hear Smith is back with the team. Smith should have made the team out of training camp. I was suprised he was cut because I thought he had a strong camp. I guess he's eligible to play 4 more games with the team. Hopefully he will still be around when I'm up in PA for a couple of weeks.

Dwight Schrute
02-08-2006, 11:54 PM
well on the roster there is 12 forwards and 6 d and 2 goalies
so take away -ottman dowhay and possibly elder that leaves 9 healthy forwards
take away mcdonald and we have 5 d-men

ok so now we have call ups subbing in great, great move by clark.

FELIX17
02-13-2006, 04:03 PM
Jordan Trach and Rod Lavoie have been added to the Raider's roster. I was expecting Trach to be back sometime this year, but I'm a little suprised that Lavoie was recalled. Good for Lavoie, he gets another chance and maybe he can make the best of it. Lavoie has played 27 games for Prince George in the BCHL and has 4 goals and 3 assists for 7 points and 24 pim. Trach has played 35 games and has 19 goals and 7 assists for 26 points and 62 pim for the Battlefords in AAA Midget. Trach is listed as wearing #16, but Polak already has that number. He'll probably wear #12 like he did in preseason. Lavoie will wear #11.

Dwight Schrute
02-13-2006, 04:57 PM
Jordan Trach and Rod Lavoie have been added to the Raider's roster. I was expecting Trach to be back sometime this year, but I'm a little suprised that Lavoie was recalled. Good for Lavoie, he gets another chance and maybe he can make the best of it. Lavoie has played 27 games for Prince George in the BCHL and has 4 goals and 3 assists for 7 points and 24 pim. Trach has played 35 games and has 19 goals and 7 assists for 26 points and 62 pim for the Battlefords in AAA Midget. Trach is listed as wearing #16, but Polak already has that number. He'll probably wear #12 like he did in preseason. Lavoie will wear #11.
good i missed out on seeing trch play so far. also im happy they brought back lavoie he seemed like a good little gritty player. they also have vann still listed on the raider roster on the whl site.

Sabes
02-14-2006, 03:30 AM
nice to see Lavoie back, he has a pretty strong camp

FELIX17
02-14-2006, 11:56 AM
No Lavoie at practice. Probably hasn't made it to town yet. Doucet was also absent. Anyone know if he was hurt in the PG game? McDonald looked like he's getting closer to returning to the lineup. Not sure if he will be ready for tomorrow night. Elder, Dowhay, and Ottman are of course still a ways away from returning from injuries. Trach looked really good. Looking forward to seeing him against Swift. I noticed Vann is still listed on the Raider's roster but he wasn't at practice either. By the looks of it, they will probably be playing with 5 d Wednesday night and 10 forwards.

Dwight Schrute
02-14-2006, 01:03 PM
By the looks of it, they will probably be playing with 5 d Wednesday night and 10 forwards.
ouch those #'s hurt

Sabes
02-14-2006, 10:14 PM
I would like Blaine Tendler to come for a bit also

FELIX17
02-15-2006, 03:01 PM
I think all of the guys mentioned will get some time. Smith and Trach can only play a couple more games. Lepp and Lamb probably will be back. Oak, and maybe even Stephan Vigier from Pembina Valley Hawks of AAA Midget in Manitoba might get a shot. He has played 33 games and has 39 points with 10 goals and 29 assists. I'd like to see Tendler as well.

FELIX17
02-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Daniel Lepp has been added to the Raider's roster. He will wear #24. He's played 32 games for Central Plains Capitals in Manitoba Midget AAA and has 9 goals and 10 assists for 19 points and 131 pim.

Dwight Schrute
02-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Daniel Lepp has been added to the Raider's roster. He will wear #24. He's played 32 games for Central Plains Capitals in Manitoba Midget AAA and has 9 goals and 10 assists for 19 points and 131 pim.
i hope he plays in pa on sat night!!! thats a lot of pims. i have never seen him play. anybody know what this kid brings to the table ?

FELIX17
02-16-2006, 02:17 PM
i hope he plays in pa on sat night!!! thats a lot of pims. i have never seen him play. anybody know what this kid brings to the table ?

I've seen him play a couple of times. He's a big kid who likes to mix it up. He's playing on a very poor team and still has managed 19 points. PA has a few prospects who like to mix it up. Lepp, Vann, and Oak all like the pims. As for Saturday night, Lepp will only be playing in Brandon on Friday and will return to his midget team.

Triton
02-21-2006, 02:19 PM
You can probably add Trach for the rest of the season pretty soon here.His Battleford North Stars AAA team is 6 pts out with 2 games left,so they are done.I think they are waiting till the season is over.

Dwight Schrute
02-21-2006, 02:21 PM
You can probably add Trach for the rest of the season pretty soon here.His Battleford North Stars AAA team is 6 pts out with 2 games left,so they are done.I think they are waiting till the season is over.
anholt said he will go down to play tues and thurs and will be back friday. theoreticly he could appear in a total of 17 games this year for the raiders. as he has played in 5 and when he returns there will be 12 left. thats a good chunk of games for a 15 year old kid. should really help him along for next year.

FELIX17
02-21-2006, 03:57 PM
anholt said he will go down to play tues and thurs and will be back friday. theoreticly he could appear in a total of 17 games this year for the raiders. as he has played in 5 and when he returns there will be 12 left. thats a good chunk of games for a 15 year old kid. should really help him along for next year.

17 games? Wow!! That's a lot for a 15 year old. Having Trach play with the Raider's for the remainder of the season is huge for him. I agree, it can only help him for next year.

Dwight Schrute
02-22-2006, 02:49 PM
andy smith is back with the raiders for tonights game. can we hope for a 4th goal in his 4th game ?????. good luck smith.