PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else missing Tidball?

Pepper Carrot
01-24-2006, 02:03 PM
Sure miss the big guy.

The Blades have lost a great team player. Not only that but their toughness. Sure hope it doesn't affect the team in the playoffs.

Should be a great game tonight 1st place Blades vs their arch rival 3rd place Pats. Would be nice to see a packed CUC tonight.

There is a few Tidball hockey cards out there still. Everyone should have at least one to remember one of the best Blade players ever.

If you see me stop and talk hockey.
Go Blades Go

wango tango
01-24-2006, 05:11 PM
if tids was a 19 instead of 20 year old he would still be with the blades. unfortunately he got caught up in a numbers game.

he's a good kid and a character i wish nothing but the best for him, except when the broncos play the blades.

Blades 4 Life!
01-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Ya he sure got the fans into the games:clap: . Just i vever saw him fight. If i saw him fight i probably would like him better. But the players this year are scared to fight. There chickens :turkey: . TiDball Vs. Haw/Flatt, those 2 players are Tidballs fighting contenders. but ya only if he was a couple years younger. Tidball should have just stayed here for the rest of his whl career

GBG BLEED BLUE
01-24-2006, 06:38 PM
He did pump up the fans,the crowd was more into the game when he was on the ice,doing his job and throwing hits and most of all fighting,and maybe the showboating was not the best thing to do,but he still did it.

The Blades have lost their toughness and it is too bad that Joseph Cook was released,(from what I have heard)and he would have been a good replacement. The team might have trouble when they play against the teams that have toughness and someone(or a couple of players) will have to stand up for the team,and not let the smaller,younger players get pushed around too much.

Maybe there is a small advantage that Tidball was traded,the refferee's became very well aquianted with him and did not let him have the freedom to do his job and he tried to get other players to fight him,but most of the players did not want to fight him. When he tried to fight get someone to him,he was kind of targeted by the refs,because he was maybe penelized too much and gave the opposition teams lengthy powerplay advantages(when he received a 10 minute misconduct)

The defence is alot smaller now since the trade deadline,has improved from a defensive standpoint, I also think that the defence is not being physical enough.

Maybe some of the Blades draft picks from this year,when their team's season is done or before then,maybethese 2 players:Spenser Lockert (6' 6 & 190lbs) and Kevin Philp (6'5 & 205lbs) will get called up for a couple of games to add some size to the lineup and to also see how well they perform in the WHL. (I am not sure if that is possible,but I just thought I would throw the idea out there)

proudsince86
01-25-2006, 03:12 PM
From Swift Current - First period the Broncos were down 2-0 to Portland and Tidball goes after Portland tough guy Collins. Wins the fight, excites the building, turns over the momentum and the Broncos win 3-2 in overtime.

Great team guy...knows his role and is aboslutely perfect at it!

Tidball
01-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Are you the same Pepper Carrot on the White Board?

FELIX17
01-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Even though Tidball doesn't have a lot of natural skill, the worst thing Saskatoon did was trade Tidball and Crowley. They got rid of any toughness they had. With Tidball gone, teams are taking liberties on the best players. Mollekan always said after last years playoffs where PA pushed them around, it wouldn't happen again. A good example of that was the other night against M.H. when Rabbit was checked behind the net face first into the boards and no one responded. It seems like no one sticks up for one another. Last night in PA when Setoguchi hit Thelen, Palazzo, a 16 year old took after Setoguchi even though it was a clean hit. I've seen the last few games Saskatoon has played and I haven't been impressed. IMO, they are lacking the heart and passion needed to succeed in the tough situations. Without it, they aren't going anywhere in the playoffs.

Tidball
02-06-2006, 10:49 PM
Even though Tidball doesn't have a lot of natural skill, the worst thing Saskatoon did was trade Tidball and Crowley. They got rid of any toughness they had. With Tidball gone, teams are taking liberties on the best players. Mollekan always said after last years playoffs where PA pushed them around, it wouldn't happen again. A good example of that was the other night against M.H. when Rabbit was checked behind the net face first into the boards and no one responded. It seems like no one sticks up for one another. Last night in PA when Setoguchi hit Thelen, Palazzo, a 16 year old took after Setoguchi even though it was a clean hit. I've seen the last few games Saskatoon has played and I haven't been impressed. IMO, they are lacking the heart and passion needed to succeed in the tough situations. Without it, they aren't going anywhere in the playoffs.

Very good points. Molleken was probably thinking the same. However he got his best D-man out of the deal in Schulz.