PDA

View Full Version : Best Player

Triton
01-25-2006, 04:40 PM
Name the best player to dawn your teams jersey and give an honarable mention as well.

rinkrat
01-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Andrej Meszaros,Brule is a close second.I believe Meszaros is leading the NHL in +-

Sabes
01-25-2006, 04:48 PM
Right Now i'll say Kyle Chipchura with HM to AJ Thelen. All Time I say Mike Modano with HM's to Dan Hodgson and Jeff Nelson

Triton
01-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Andrej Meszaros,Brule is a close second.I believe Meszaros is leading the NHL in +-

Yep at +33.

Tipped Off
01-25-2006, 04:58 PM
....I'd have to say Peter Mueller with an honorable mention, just for the fact of what he brought to this city, Mitch Love. I'm not sure if he would qualify as a great player, per se, but he was/is the biggest fan favorite in the three-year history and he was a big part of making hockey popular in Everett.

Triton
01-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Best player ever to wear a Wheaties jersey would have to be Brian Propp,with honorable mention to Wade Redden and Cam Plante.

Beaner
01-25-2006, 04:59 PM

Nice, but I'd flip it with Brule being sightly ahead of Meszaros.

Jimmypop316
01-25-2006, 05:07 PM
Well since pretty much ever Chiefs player that makes it to the big time flops. I'll have to go with Mike Babcock. If not him than Bryan McCabe, Valeri Bure, etc. Theres a lot of NHL grinders that played with the Chiefs that don't really stand out but get the job done.

WHEATMAN
01-25-2006, 05:35 PM
Wade Redden, with honorable mentions to Brian Propp and Ray Ferraro

chiefgongshow
01-25-2006, 05:37 PM
Well since pretty much ever Chiefs player that makes it to the big time flops. I'll have to go with Mike Babcock. If not him than Bryan McCabe, Valeri Bure, etc. Theres a lot of NHL grinders that played with the Chiefs that don't really stand out but get the job done.
No love for Whitney. Hes my pick for best to ever put on a Chiefs uniform. Always put up good numbers in the show and is a part of why the Canes are where they are at this year.

SectionNDeserter
01-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Most overall talent I would have to say Boyd Gordon, as far as pure offensive talent and entertainment value, BJ Young.

Tinner
01-25-2006, 06:02 PM
There are 6 names that came to mind, Aaron Asham, Dion Phaneuf, Cam Ward, Shane Bendara, BJ Young and Dean Tilgen.

After much thought, I think Cam Ward is my pick with Phaneuf a close second.

grainbear
01-25-2006, 06:05 PM
It got to be Chris Phillips, or Brent Seabrook

Triton
01-25-2006, 06:27 PM
It got to be Chris Phillips, or Brent Seabrook

So your 'Canes fan?

Tinner
01-25-2006, 06:43 PM
So your 'Canes fan?

And a young Canes fan, considering all the players that have played in Lethbridge as Broncos or Hurricanes......6 Sutters, Wregget, etc.

IamBatman
01-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Tough question. The Rockets are just starting to have some players filter into the NHL. At this point in time I would have to say Chuck Kobasew with an honourable mention to Shea Weber(will probably be the best soon) and Shane Bendera(sorry Red Deer fans)

In the crowd
01-25-2006, 07:17 PM
If Mike Comrie played more than 39 games i'd say him, but he didn't so I'm going with Jarret Stoll with honerable mention to Comrie, Dan Blackburn, Nigel Dawes and Steve McCarthy. Based on Talent alone i'd say Comrie with McCarthy as the honerable mention. Based on what they've done since they were here, i'd go with Comrie again with Stoll and Marek Svatos as honerable mentions.

CHtoo
01-25-2006, 07:20 PM
Joe Sakic no question
Hon. mention Bryan Trottier, Tiger Williams, Geoff Sanderson

Flathead
01-25-2006, 09:21 PM
Joe Sakic no question
Hon. mention Bryan Trottier, Tiger Williams, Geoff Sanderson
I remember my dad saying after Joe was gone that, that was a once in lifetime occurrence. I didn't really understand at the time and was sure that someone as special and talented would come a long. I get it now. Joe Sakic without a doubt, hm to Bryan Trottier although I never saw him play. HM to someone I actually watched would be Sheldon Kennedy.

peatfan
01-26-2006, 03:26 AM
The best for the HITMEN. Only one to have his number retired. As for H/M my choice would be either Kinch or Pogge. May good ones to choose from. Very interesting question and answers. Previously I was a big Winnipeg Jets fan and their best was easily Kevin McCarthy with H/M being Heny Boucha. Saw Brandon a lot, hated them as they always won. Their best was Chipperfield with H/M going to Propp & Derlago. Lots of favourites from all the teams in the past and current ones.

In the crowd
01-26-2006, 12:03 PM
The best for the HITMEN. Only one to have his number retired. As for H/M my choice would be either Kinch or Pogge. May good ones to choose from. Very interesting question and answers. Previously I was a big Winnipeg Jets fan and their best was easily Kevin McCarthy with H/M being Heny Boucha. Saw Brandon a lot, hated them as they always won. Their best was Chipperfield with H/M going to Propp & Derlago. Lots of favourites from all the teams in the past and current ones.

What about Brendl, I thought he was without a doubt Calgary's best player anytime I saw them. My picks for hitmen would be Brendl with H/M to Getzlaf and Moran. I'd give Pogge more time before putting him in that status

Nature Boy
01-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Since I have been watching the Rebels I would have to say that the best player is Dion Phaneuf. My Honourable Mention goes to Cam Ward. I watched them play their whole junior carrer in Red Deer and they were really good. Other would be Boyd Gordon, Darek Meech, and Martin Erat.

spokaneosaurus
01-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Trevor Kidd? lol

We havent really had a superstar player come out of Spokane. I'd also say Ray Whitney and maybe Jan Hrdina.

Rebel66
01-26-2006, 09:33 PM
Mine pretty much echos Nature Boys.

Dion Phaneuf is easily the best player to don a Rebels jersey imo. Cam Ward was a brilliant goaltender for the Rebels winning many games by himself. Also worth a mention is Marty Erat who was always going to be a good pro.

RDRebelsfan
01-26-2006, 10:00 PM
Mine pretty much echos Nature Boys.

Dion Phaneuf is easily the best player to don a Rebels jersey imo. Cam Ward was a brilliant goaltender for the Rebels winning many games by himself. Also worth a mention is Marty Erat who was always going to be a good pro.

My thoughts exact.

Tinner
01-26-2006, 10:06 PM
the only reason I don't think Erat should be considered is because he only played here 3 months....17 games to be exact.

blazers84
01-27-2006, 02:47 PM
It is very difficult to pick the best blazer as there were so many good ones.Who would you pick from this list:

Rob Brown
Mark Recchi
Darryl Sydor
Scott Niedermayer
Tyson Nash
Darcy Tucker
Shane Doan
Nolan Baumgartner
Jarome Iginla
Brad Lukowich
Jason Strudwick
Robyn Regehr
Mike Brown - ( Many great tilts with Scott Parker)
Kyle Calder
Jared Aulin
Scottie Upshall
Colton Orr

My pick would have to be Scott Niedermayer or Jarome Iginla

rinkrat
01-27-2006, 03:54 PM
It is very difficult to pick the best blazer as there were so many good ones.Who would you pick from this list:

Rob Brown
Mark Recchi
Darryl Sydor
Scott Niedermayer
Tyson Nash
Darcy Tucker
Shane Doan
Nolan Baumgartner
Jarome Iginla
Brad Lukowich
Jason Strudwick
Robyn Regehr
Mike Brown - ( Many great tilts with Scott Parker)
Kyle Calder
Jared Aulin
Scottie Upshall
Colton Orr

My pick would have to be Scott Niedermayer or Jarome Iginla

Len Barrie :thumb:

Sput
01-27-2006, 03:54 PM
The best all time Cougar....hmmm....I'd have to say Hamuis.
H/M to any of the rest that play in the show...Bouck, Betts, Hunter (Trent not Eric yet), Brewer, Chara, Mason, and yes...even Boggard. I know my son's two favorites are Mike Bayrack and Chris Falloon, ironically both wore #9.

langdak
01-27-2006, 04:03 PM
The best all time Cougar....hmmm....I'd have to say Hamuis.
H/M to any of the rest that play in the show...Bouck, Betts, Hunter (Trent not Eric yet), Brewer, Chara, Mason, and yes...even Boggard. I know my son's two favorites are Mike Bayrack and Chris Falloon, ironically both wore #9.

Hey Sput

do you know if Chris Falloon was related to Pat Falloon

I emailed the cougars last year and asked, but never got a response

Sput
01-27-2006, 05:32 PM
Yes they are 2nd cousins I think. I do know they are related on the Chris's Dad's side, but how far removed I'm not positive. Great kid though. To bad he didn't get a chance at a higher level. Chris was one of the only Cougs to average at least a point a game for his last three seasons.

langdak
01-27-2006, 05:52 PM
Yes they are 2nd cousins I think. I do know they are related on the Chris's Dad's side, but how far removed I'm not positive. Great kid though. To bad he didn't get a chance at a higher level. Chris was one of the only Cougs to average at least a point a game for his last three seasons.

Reason i asked is because i am distantly related to Pat Falloon

Thanks Sput, i appreciate the answer

Rebels30
01-28-2006, 12:55 PM
IMO..the best Rebel goalie has been Cam Ward :clap: :groovy: :thumb: ..and best Defence Dion Phanuef :thumb:

Hatguy
01-31-2006, 06:46 PM
I'd say Ryan Smyth and Theo Fleury. HM to more recent players like Brodziak, Sutherby, Lundmark, Bararuk and there are plenty more.

bandwagonboy
01-31-2006, 11:21 PM
Dion Phaneuf is easily the best player to don a Rebels jersey imo.

Maybe I'm exposing my ignorance here but IMHO Phaneuf is one of the finest players I've ever witnessed in the WHL. I'd put him up there with Sakic as one of the greatest I've ever seen at the Arena.

As for greatest tigers, well I suppose you'd have to say Lanny Macdonald. After him when you consider pro careers as well I'd say Linden.

rezstyle
02-01-2006, 10:15 AM
Trevor Kidd? lol

We havent really had a superstar player come out of Spokane. I'd also say Ray Whitney and maybe Jan Hrdina.

We've had a coule quality players come out of Spokane. Kidd's had a couple good years and Whitney seems to be consistent throughout the years. I think in addition to these players that went on and made a name in the NHL, you have to look at players that made an impact in the WHL. Both Podollan and Toporowski had impacts in the dub.

skinnyhead
02-01-2006, 11:36 AM
I believe the best might be Ryan Smyth, Lyle Odelein and Theoren Fleury. HM to David Bararuk, Laich Brooks, Brian Sutherby, Jamie Lundmark, and Reed Low for all the community work he has done for MJ since he left for the NHL.

rezstyle
02-01-2006, 11:48 AM
I believe the best might be Ryan Smyth, Lyle Odelein and Theoren Fleury. HM to David Bararuk, Laich Brooks, Brian Sutherby, Jamie Lundmark, and Reed Low for all the community work he has done for MJ since he left for the NHL.

That's awesome. Nobody to my knowledge has ever done anything for Spokane after they left, but then again, nobody who's made it big was actually from Spokane. Is Low from MJ?

Looking outside the Sport, John Stockton has done alot for Spokane since he's retired now.

LifelongChiefsFan
02-04-2006, 01:46 AM
Troy Gamble was another Chief that did pretty well in Spokane and made it to the pros for a bit. Not the best Chief ever but, he deserves to be mentioned.

It was also cool to see Labarbera doing well at the beginning of the year for Los Angeles.

Tidball
02-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Best Blades of all time - Bernie Federko, honorable mention to Wendel Clark.

Best Blades currently - Devin Setoguchi, honorable mention to Joe Barnes.

brandonboy
02-25-2006, 02:21 PM
Maybe I'm exposing my ignorance here but IMHO Phaneuf is one of the finest players I've ever witnessed in the WHL. I'd put him up there with Sakic as one of the greatest I've ever seen at the Arena.

As for greatest tigers, well I suppose you'd have to say Lanny Macdonald. After him when you consider pro careers as well I'd say Linden.

Man no ignorance there! I think your right on the money with that. Just my opinion though.

HAF
02-25-2006, 02:34 PM
For the Am's I'd say Scott Gomez with Daymond Lankow as an honerable mention.

Some_Arrogant_Jerk
02-25-2006, 03:33 PM
Best in last 10 years: Josh Harding HM to Brad Stuart, Matt Hubbauer

Best this year: Denis Tolpeko HM to Petr Kalus, Matt Robinson

Warrior Fan
02-25-2006, 04:37 PM
Theo Fluery with honorable mention to Kelly Buchberger, Mike Keane, Chris Armstrong, Tomas Fleischmann, Kyle Brodziak, Owen Fussey, David Bararuk, and soon to add to that list is Kendall McArdle and Ryley Holzapfel.

patsrock83
02-25-2006, 05:14 PM
I would say Garth Murray because he had the biggest hart of any player ever not the best numbers but he was a fan favorite...even in MJ haha

Wildeyes
02-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Pat Elynuik, jeff gorman, steve gotaas, troy hjertaas, jason issel, kim issel, Dave Manson, dean mcammond, grant mcneill, Troy Neumeier, Brian Pellerin ,Richard Seeley, Steve Kelly, Reid Simpson , Shayne Toporowski , and surely u cant forget, the C's of all C's Emanuel Viveiros

What a list of Raider the greatest

Triton
02-25-2006, 05:49 PM
Brian Pellerin

Good to see my uncle get recognized.